• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo New World Record: Operation Abyss - |OT| The abyss will gaze back into you.

CrovaxPSO

Fantastic OT. If this ever gets a EU release this thread had made me want to try it out.

I think Demon Gaze was released in EU. It's from the same developer but has no ties to this game in terms of story. Definitely recommend checking it out if you're interested in this.

Dorarnae

First floor of the first dungeon in part 2 and one of my characters already has some kind of curse on them that lowers their stats. The real fun starts here!

give him some vacancy at the HQ. never revive your party member when he is in this state, always cure this before.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
The wiki says something about the source (ソース) items, but I haven't even used any level II plugins yet so I don't know.
dont think ive found anything high enough lv to take those yet

also just raised a assassin almost to 15 in no time at all. they are pretty insanely strong

CrovaxPSO

I've got a few gamble codes now, do you guys think it's better to use them as I get them and try for something good, or save them until higher levels?

Also, these トーチャー enemies are tough. Gotta figure out which element is best for them.

Dorarnae

I've got a few gamble codes now, do you guys think it's better to use them as I get them and try for something good, or save them until higher levels?

buy the pico hammer and gamble it til you get the MURAMASA hehe.
you can save and reload til you get it.

CrovaxPSO

only 2 trophies left to get. need to farm for 3000 fight(I wonder how many more I still need)
and the plugs in...

Nice, almost there! Are the four silver trophies near the bottom of the list tough to get? I don't think I'm at the point where I can get them yet.

Parakeetman

Also, these トーチャー enemies are tough. Gotta figure out which element is best for them.

might as well go for it now lol

CrovaxPSO

Ohhh, there are plugins for enemy type as well as element plugins. Gonna go ahead and put the Energy plugin on all 3 of my front line to deal with these enemies.

Dorarnae

Ohhh, there are plugins for enemy type as well as element plugins. Gonna go ahead and put the Energy plugin on all 3 of my front line to deal with these enemies.

yup, that will help a lot. many weapoin arent effective against those monster, but with the plugins you'll do normal dmg:)

Dorarnae

Nice, almost there! Are the four silver trophies near the bottom of the list tough to get? I don't think I'm at the point where I can get them yet.

nah they aren't hard but it'll be later. the monster in the coffin is probably the first one you'll be able to do.

CrovaxPSO

Yeah, I thought earlier that maybe I had the wrong element or something, but now I see that all of my physical weapons don't work on the ghost stuff. Fixed now :)

What's up with this quest to give the leader guy 10 items? I saved before giving him anything and did all 10, but he didn't give me anything that good but it was all around my current party level. Should I just wait and do this at higher levels? Seems kind of pointless to do it now...

Parakeetman

Yeah, I thought earlier that maybe I had the wrong element or something, but now I see that all of my physical weapons don't work on the ghost stuff. Fixed now :)

What's up with this quest to give the leader guy 10 items? I saved before giving him anything and did all 10, but he didn't give me anything that good but it was all around my current party level. Should I just wait and do this at higher levels? Seems kind of pointless to do it now...

yeah those damage types are pretty important!

would to have to check the wiki bout the 2nd part but work is pretty busy today

CrovaxPSO

yeah those damage types are pretty important!

would to have to check the wiki bout the 2nd part but work is pretty busy today

Actually seems like it might have to be completed to start the next main story quest.

Edit: Yep, did all 10 again and it opened up the next quests. Got some decent items this time too, so that's nice.

Double edit: Wow, these enemies in the graveyard are messing me up big time. Gonna have to lower the gauge a lot...

Dorarnae

Actually seems like it might have to be completed to start the next main story quest.

Edit: Yep, did all 10 again and it opened up the next quests. Got some decent items this time too, so that's nice.

Double edit: Wow, these enemies in the graveyard are messing me up big time. Gonna have to lower the gauge a lot...

those tanks can be nasty, it's not too bad once you get mana shield with your healer though

I need to farm some babel key now. I want to raise the lvl of the boss to the max(I want the ultimate challenge heh).

Parakeetman

lol ive killed a total of 8527 things looking at my battle history

also pretty insane damage from the assassin on single targets

CrovaxPSO

Just found something odd. I gambled and got a rare back piece for knight only called ゴッドリング but when I tried to equip it, a messaged popped up asking me yes or no, I didn't even bother trying to read it since I just assumed it would bind to me unless I paid to remove it. So I clicked yes, but then the item disappeared and I still have my old back armor. However, the ゴッドリング item said it increases max HP, and when I "equipped" it, my max HP did go up a little bit even though it's gone and I have my old item equipped.

Dorarnae

Just found something odd. I gambled and got a rare back piece for knight only called ゴッドリング but when I tried to equip it, a messaged popped up asking me yes or no, I didn't even bother trying to read it since I just assumed it would bind to me unless I paid to remove it. So I clicked yes, but then the item disappeared and I still have my old back armor. However, the ゴッドリング item said it increases max HP, and when I "equipped" it, my max HP did go up a little bit even though it's gone and I have my old item equipped.

yeah you can realease the SP on some items. like the muramasa increase your hp too. I don't think there's anything special in this game other than hp increase...
in some other dungeon crawler, some items can change your class and other stuff.

CrovaxPSO

yeah you can realease the SP on some items. like the muramasa increase your hp too. I don't think there's anything special in this game other than hp increase...
in some other dungeon crawler, some items can change your class and other stuff.

If I would have said no, would it have just equipped it instead of using it up? I would have rather used it as armor, haha.

CrovaxPSO

yeah you equip it :)

Oh well, hopefully I can get another one. It only gave me +5 HP, not really worth it.

Edit: Reloaded a bunch of times and got another one!

So for this coffin trophy, do I just need to keep leaving and coming back until I get the random event? I've gone in and out of this underground area a bunch of times and haven't gotten the event. Either very unlucky or doing something wrong.

Dorarnae

Oh well, hopefully I can get another one. It only gave me +5 HP, not really worth it.

Edit: Reloaded a bunch of times and got another one!

So for this coffin trophy, do I just need to keep leaving and coming back until I get the random event? I've gone in and out of this underground area a bunch of times and haven't gotten the event. Either very unlucky or doing something wrong.

yeah I tried that too and it didn't work. had more luck with leaving the area completly and come back.

CrovaxPSO

yeah I tried that too and it didn't work. had more luck with leaving the area completly and come back.

Okay, so what I'm doing now is entering the area, using a call portal to warp to the underground entrance, then going to the coffin. If I don't get it, return gate out and start over. I reload the save if I run out of portals. Is that how you did it? Still haven't had any luck.

I assume it can be seen after the story event at the coffin and doesn't have to be there when you do the story event.

Dorarnae

Okay, so what I'm doing now is entering the area, using a call portal to warp to the underground entrance, then going to the coffin. If I don't get it, return gate out and start over. I reload the save if I run out of portals. Is that how you did it? Still haven't had any luck.

I tried to get back to the surface and went back so many time but never worked. then I reloaded an old save file and got it right away when I went there. so I load back the other save and tried to do it again to see if it was possible even after clearing the game. didn't work first time I went in, so I gate out and went back and got it.

CrovaxPSO

I tried to get back to the surface and went back so many time but never worked. then I reloaded an old save file and got it right away when I went there. so I load back the other save and tried to do it again to see if it was possible even after clearing the game. didn't work first time I went in, so I gate out and went back and got it.

Hmm, maybe I have to proceed more with the story first. I just did the main quest here and started the next one before trying to get the event.

Edit: Yeah, I'll try this later. Must have checked it over 50 times now.

Dorarnae

looks like lvl 79 is the highest the boss can get...and I just beat him.
sigh still need to farm for that 3000 battle won, I hope I'll have it soon, I killed like 32k monster :S

Parakeetman

sigh still need to farm for that 3000 battle won, I hope I'll have it soon, I killed like 32k monster :S

its weird how there is no stats for actual battles fought

Parakeetman

since most other games with actual battle statistics have it.

no hidden dungeon? weird 79 would be the highest considering the max lv of players can be 99

man for some reason yesterday and today been having real bad luck with at least 1 member getting 1HKed causing me to have to back out of the dungeon. this game i think one issue with the balance is that way too many enemy types have APAs (all party attacks) thats the one gameplay thing that always drove me crazy with the series lol

though one of the best things is just how many items are in this game way more than demon gaze for example

Dorarnae

since most other games with actual battle statistics have it.

no hidden dungeon? weird 79 would be the highest considering the max lv of players can be 99

yeah bit weird, I thought it would go to at least lvl 99.
there's a few hidden place, but you need to visit those place for some trophy.
I was just hoping for something like meikyuu cross blood, a zone with like 10 boss in it.

I am actually wondering if because I created a summoner and monk for the trophy, if it reseted the number of fight I need to do. would suck if it's the case.

Parakeetman

yeah bit weird, I thought it would go to at least lvl 99.
there's a few hidden place, but you need to visit those place for some trophy.
I was just hoping for something like meikyuu cross blood, a zone with like 10 boss in it.

I am actually wondering if because I created a summoner and monk for the trophy, if it reseted the number of fight I need to do. would suck if it's the case.

if i see any info online will let you know. ill try to tweet the producer to ask if there are high lv dungeons or at least one otherwuse trying to maxout a blood will suck lol

CrovaxPSO

Yeah, the one hit kills are annoying. My wizard usually eats it and so she's about 20k exp behind now, haha. I got the item to open some of the other doors in the graveyard so I'm going to try to get the random event again, hopefully my luck is better now.

Parakeetman

Yeah, the one hit kills are annoying. My wizard usually eats it and so she's about 20k exp behind now, haha. I got the item to open some of the other doors in the graveyard so I'm going to try to get the random event again, hopefully my luck is better now.

over here its usually the scholar or healer (◎-◎;)

Dorarnae

pretty much equal here, every one was behind a bit til I gave them some exp. I have like 1.3m cash so...

btw finally got the trophy !! ^_^
with 37k monster killed. probably most of em comes from the drills. I remember that I farmed babel 1f a bit to increase my union gauge.

CrovaxPSO

pretty much equal here, every one was behind a bit til I gave them some exp. I have like 1.3m cash so...

btw finally got the trophy !! ^_^
with 37k monster killed. probably most of em comes from the drills. I remember that I farmed babel 1f a bit to increase my union gauge.

Awesome. Any luck with the plug-ins?

Dorarnae

I got the trophy. doesn't seems to be with the III plugs in after all. I gambled to get all the plugs in that add stat (str,vit,int...) I think you can get them in the last area but it's like super rare, it's a lot faster with gambling (I had 99 gamble code anyway).

I still don't know how to use the III plugs in though. oh well.

CrovaxPSO

Is there a way to get more of the heavy items for the おおっと! trophy? I used 4 for the quest in the sewer and had 1 left, but the store only sells 5, so I only have 6 (need 4 more).

Parakeetman

the producer said the levels are a little higher? but didnt mention anything about a hidden dungeon. i suppose if you had that hachi item it would have raised the enemies a little higher.

Dorarnae

Is there a way to get more of the heavy items for the おおっと! trophy? I used 4 for the quest in the sewer and had 1 left, but the store only sells 5, so I only have 6 (need 4 more).

yeah you'll get a couple somewhere. I don't remember where exactly but eventually you'll get them.

CrovaxPSO

Must be nearing the end of the main story, just fought two gatekeeper minibosses that were really tough. Then I ran into a dragon for one of the subquests and he destroyed me, haha. I'll have to come back for him after some grinding and new gear.

Also, how do you increase the union gauge past 30 max? I think I saw some more level up messages but it stayed at 30.

Nevermind, went into the last(?) dungeon and it went up to 31.

Dorarnae

Must be nearing the end of the main story, just fought two gatekeeper minibosses that were really tough. Then I ran into a dragon for one of the subquests and he destroyed me, haha. I'll have to come back for him after some grinding and new gear.

Also, how do you increase the union gauge past 30 max? I think I saw some more level up messages but it stayed at 30.

Nevermind, went into the last(?) dungeon and it went up to 31.

yeah that dragon and gatekeeper are really strong, until you get open pandora with your wizard hehe.

CrovaxPSO

Completed the main story! Kind of hurried through the last dungeon because of random one shots.

My stats:
r1sQRVt.jpg

I haven't got the trophy for even 1000 battles yet, so it's going to be a while for 3000...

Dorarnae

Completed the main story! Kind of hurried through the last dungeon because of random one shots.

My stats:
r1sQRVt.jpg

I haven't got the trophy for even 1000 battles yet, so it's going to be a while for 3000...

ouch , I think I got it just a bit before finishing the main story. you're probably close to get it.

Parakeetman

Since Ive been pretty busy only recently gotten past the level cap thing, up until then was just constantly collecting junk and materials in babel. Finished all the quests for the first part though. Been playing 40 hours that way lol Almost at 10k kills.

Since I can finally level up again will be interesting to see what new junk I find.

Top Bottom