• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo New World Record: Operation Abyss - |OT| The abyss will gaze back into you.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I hope this comes stateside. Demon Gaze is great stuff and this looks neat theme wise.

Id imagine it will, since they are rebooting the series it seems. Plus it allows them to ride the wave created from Demon Gaze. Though this game is a bit harder than demon gaze in both mechanics and difficulty overall.

Also dungeon designs are a bit less "interesting" to look at due to this being based off an older game. But the gameplay is solid, you have my word on that being a hardcore fan of the genre / follower of Exp Inc.

----------

In the game right now am in a location where elemental attacks will come into play more. Also physical resistant enemies. D: Or more like certain weapons wont hurt them, will have the kanji 超 in red I think it was. You can fix that with plugins though. But if its a unique you are kinda screwed as those cant be modified.

Dorarnae

just finished a few quest and they already give a lvl code or something? that's a bit crazy.
guess I'll give it to my samurai and equip his lvl 7 katana (he's lvl 5)

Parakeetman

just finished a few quest and they already give a lvl code or something? that's a bit crazy.
guess I'll give it to my samurai and equip his lvl 7 katana (he's lvl 5)

It helps slightly, but for the most part you dont really need it unless you are making new characters. Right now none of mine have it equipped, though for a while the samurai did just to use a rare katana I had found. Though I could have just blown a bunch of cash to push the levels up lol.

Though it is great for when you make new characters to deck them out with all sorts of stupid stuff!

So did you try out the lv increase item yet? :D

Parakeetman

I don't think I have it. is it a dlc?

oh and the lvl code should be useful later for lvl 70 ish items..

yeah by that time we should have a ton of other junk anyways.

oh yeah the lv up for enemy item is the first print dlc bonus code should be in the manual

CrovaxPSO

I don't think they'll ever make the different region accounts totally region-free due to licensing crap, but I can't understand why they won't let you have multiple accounts on a single Vita. I guess it has to be some kind of limitation the hardware or the OS has, since both the PS3 and PS4 allow multiple regions. I do have a 2nd memory card so I could use that to access DLC, but I like earning trophies on my main account :(

Anyway, last night I progressed with the quest that has you going through the river district north/south/east/west areas. Got all the doors unlocked and made it to a scripted story battle, but max gauge was too much and I couldn't do it. I was too tired to try again so today I'll drop the gauge a couple levels and go for it.

Dorarnae

and yep those rabbit in babel hurt quite a bit hehe. but I am starting to get the new gear, this should help. I am level 8 so far.

I am glad I made my paladin female, got some rare lvl 10 ish gear female only...

Dorarnae

I don't think they'll ever make the different region accounts totally region-free due to licensing crap, but I can't understand why they won't let you have multiple accounts on a single Vita. I guess it has to be some kind of limitation the hardware or the OS has, since both the PS3 and PS4 allow multiple regions. I do have a 2nd memory card so I could use that to access DLC, but I like earning trophies on my main account :(

Anyway, last night I progressed with the quest that has you going through the river district north/south/east/west areas. Got all the doors unlocked and made it to a scripted story battle, but max gauge was too much and I couldn't do it. I was too tired to try again so today I'll drop the gauge a couple levels and go for it.

I forgot how that area is huge...

Parakeetman

i wonder if this game has the sub blood system. might give me a reason to lv up the other blood codes if so

i know cross blood did

Parakeetman

Code realise had too, except they didnt lvl at the same time I think.

man its been so long since i played the originals (;´∀`)

i found and killed the wanted enemy there by accident lol wasnt that bad of a fight

Parakeetman

wow gold man is a beast. I'll have to farm for some gear...or maybe just upgrade.

i got a second rare katana though they are a little useless against spirits and elementals i think.

though destroys lots of other enemy types. its too bad cant modify it to remove that stat. has special def up too. wonder if that stacks when you have 2 equipped

since spell effects seem to stack with how the game system is.

Dorarnae

i got a second rare katana though they are a little useless against spirits and elementals i think.

though destroys lots of other enemy types. its too bad cant modify it to remove that stat. has special def up too. wonder if that stacks when you have 2 equipped

since spell effects seem to stack with how the game system is.

umm you can't put plugs in on it? (I haven't played much with these)

Parakeetman

umm you can't put plugs in on it? (I haven't played much with these)

no not the rare stuff yet apparently. just normal items, but the ones that have a yellow icon / text are rare items and those cant be modified with plugins.

I still have no idea what the hell Im doing with the source code stuff, when you convert an item into source code and what the whole purpose of that is. I need to read up on it, since tried messing with it and didnt learn shit lol

Im currently using them to remove the weak to spirit effect so I can actually damage spirits / elementals with normal weapons

CrovaxPSO

So the Nonono monster was
Noriko. I defeated her but it sounded like she fell into the water afterward, and I think she's in Cross Blood, so I don't think she's dead.

Parakeetman

Im busy cleaning today, but in the evening will continue my misadventures in the dungeons. Last night was leveling up the 2nd party just for the hell of it and to overstock on materials which I know Ill need for the next part of the game. Highest lv in 2nd PT is 12 everyone else is 10 currently.

CrovaxPSO

I'm making my way through the 3rd level of the Babelsphere and I keep getting random encounters with the big drill monster that one shots some of my characters even at low levels of the gauge.

Been getting some good loot here but my archer is still using the long bow from level 4 or 6 or whatever and my party is at 13 now. I haven't gotten a single new bow this whole time, so her damage is starting to be kind of weak.

Parakeetman

I'm making my way through the 3rd level of the Babelsphere and I keep getting random encounters with the big drill monster that one shots some of my characters even at low levels of the gauge.

Been getting some good loot here but my archer is still using the long bow from level 4 or 6 or whatever. I haven't gotten a single new bow this whole time, so her damage is starting to be kind of weak.

Im starting to think that arrows is what will help make up the damage, since Ive yet to find another new "base" for a bow but keep finding new arrow types.

yeah that drill is a bitch hate that thing, esp if it keeps showing up in multiple fights in a row. Im so glad that this game always rewards exp / cash after a fight so popping smoke in the middle of a long fight chain doesnt rob you of exp earned from previous fights. have had some bad random deaths to my frontline characters that way by random. It must have the 首 skill too. thank god it doesnt proc more though.

my biggest problem there still are those damned tapeworm looking things esp if its a multiple row fight and those bastards are all the way in the back. Since trying to plow through whatever else is in the way first we are gonna take some mean all PT damage first before hand.

currently working on upping the speed status for the healer so she can pop off healing spells faster. right now at times its not fast enough in comparison to the enemies. the amount she heals is good enough as is so dont need to up her main skill anymore for now.

CrovaxPSO

Im starting to think that arrows is what will help make up the damage, since Ive yet to find another new "base" for a bow but keep finding new arrow types.

yeah that drill is a bitch hate that thing, esp if it keeps showing up in multiple fights in a row. Im so glad that this game always rewards exp / cash after a fight so popping smoke in the middle of a long fight chain doesnt rob you of exp earned from previous fights. have had some bad random deaths to my frontline characters that way by random. It must have the 首 skill too. thank god it doesnt proc more though.

my biggest problem there still are those damned tapeworm looking things esp if its a multiple row fight and those bastards are all the way in the back. Since trying to plow through whatever else is in the way first we are gonna take some mean all PT damage first before hand.

currently working on upping the speed status for the healer so she can pop off healing spells faster. right now at times its not fast enough in comparison to the enemies. the amount she heals is good enough as is so dont need to up her main skill anymore for now.

Yeah, I have a level 12 arrow, but her damage is still about half of my fighter. I guess if you haven't found one either then maybe there just isn't one for a while. Might be good to upgrade the long bow and current arrow as much as possible in that case.

Parakeetman

Yeah, I have a level 12 arrow, but her damage is still about half of my fighter. I guess if you haven't found one either then maybe there just isn't one for a while. Might be good to upgrade the long bow and current arrow as much as possible in that case.

yeah all of my gear is always maxed out. thankfully i have a massive storage of materials to keep it up that way.

considering the kind of damage i take too its hard to imagine what would happen to folks without maxed out equipment at times lol.

ive found a few B rank chips but nothing too big from them. The only real crazy weapon that I have a 1H Axe for the warrior. Which when she does rush it destroys single targets pretty bad. It out performs 2H weapons lol so I have a good shield on her too currently that helps a lot.

I have yet to see archer specific armor too seems like its semi shared with front line characters for the most part.

CrovaxPSO

yeah all of my gear is always maxed out. thankfully i have a massive storage of materials to keep it up that way.

considering the kind of damage i take too its hard to imagine what would happen to folks without maxed out equipment at times lol.

ive found a few B rank chips but nothing too big from them. The only real crazy weapon that I have a 1H Axe for the warrior. Which when she does rush it destroys single targets pretty bad. It out performs 2H weapons lol so I have a good shield on her too currently that helps a lot.

I have yet to see archer specific armor too seems like its semi shared with front line characters for the most part.

Upgrading the long bow to +6 and the paralyze arrow to +12 increased the character sheet damage from 43-64 + 30-36 to 45-66 + 43-50. Won't let me upgrade the bow past +6, not sure if that's max or what, no required materials show up for upgrading further.

That's a max total damage of 116 for the archer, compared to 157-187 for my fighter (and the axe is only +3). Really seems like there should be another bow by now. The wiki doesn't have an item list either, so can't check there.

Parakeetman

Upgrading the long bow to +6 and the paralyze arrow to +12 increased the character sheet damage from 43-64 + 30-36 to 45-66 + 43-50. Won't let me upgrade the bow past +6, not sure if that's max or what, no required materials show up for upgrading further.

That's a max total damage of 116 for the archer, compared to 157-187 for my fighter (and the axe is only +3). Really seems like there should be another bow by now. The wiki doesn't have an item list either, so can't check there.

Yeah items seem to have general upgrade caps depending on their "lv" so to speak. Lower lv items have less upgrade #s than higher ones. Hmm did a quick search and no useful wiki info on items yet.

Hmmm seems like you might have to progress more. The gamble system looks like there are some interesting items to be had too. I should stop screwing around and move the story forward.

Parakeetman

I checked the Cross Blood wiki and there are more bows in that game.

http://www.spoiler.jp/srv/xblvita/index.php?cmd=read&page=武器/ボウ・アロー

I would think this game would have them too, at least the Psycho Bow since I've found a bunch of Psycho everything else.

The thing with this title is its going off older data so that might be one reason too. Ill let you know if I find anything. Generally in these types of games I have a MASSIVE stockpile of items and yeah have yet to get anything higher than the long bow yet. As I kill a stupid number of things in DRPGs lol.

Looks like they first game had all the same things too. Perhaps we just are not at the point in time where we can find them yet. Its similar to how rare the Katanas are in drops. Though constantly keep getting new arrows. Guess they rebalanced the game a little. Since its funny reading how folks say the bow out damages 2H weapons.

http://spoiler.sakura.ne.jp/rr/gxth...A2A5A4A5C6A5E02FC9F0B4EFC1F5C8F7BEF2B7EF.html

Ill take a photo of the kind of crap Im kitted out with currently and upload it here.

CrovaxPSO

The thing with this title is its going off older data so that might be one reason too. Ill let you know if I find anything. Generally in these types of games I have a MASSIVE stockpile of items and yeah have yet to get anything higher than the long bow yet. As I kill a stupid number of things in DRPGs lol.

Looks like they first game had all the same things too. Perhaps we just are not at the point in time where we can find them yet. Its similar to how rare the Katanas are in drops. Though constantly keep getting new arrows. Guess they rebalanced the game a little. Since its funny reading how folks say the bow out damages 2H weapons.

http://spoiler.sakura.ne.jp/rr/gxth...A2A5A4A5C6A5E02FC9F0B4EFC1F5C8F7BEF2B7EF.html

I've actually gotten pretty lucky with samurai stuff, several unique armors and I think a unique katana. Too bad I don't have a samurai. Hardly anything special for the archer yet. I started finding B rank code chips now in Babelsphere so hopefully I can find something by the time I clear the rest of the 3rd floor. I can see myself gambling a lot once that's available.

Parakeetman

I've actually gotten pretty lucky with samurai stuff, several unique armors and I think a unique katana. Too bad I don't have a samurai. Hardly anything special for the archer yet. I started finding B rank code chips now in Babelsphere so hopefully I can find something by the time I clear the rest of the 3rd floor. I can see myself gambling a lot once that's available.

For my samurai most of my gear is based off of speed so Ive ignored the samurai type of armor since it usually lowers accuracy. Got 2 of the same rare katanas though, but took them off currently as am facing too many spirit type of enemies and they dont do damage to them / unable to fix that flaw with plugins since we cant add plugins to rare equipment. D:

I think the character that I have the most rare junk for is the Knight actually. Have both the male and female special armors for it. They are not rare level armor, but the stats are pretty good. Its a lv 11 item.

Parakeetman

07xDnt7.jpg
omwwuoe.jpg
PFHScPP.jpg

Have whatever the most "interesting" item said character is selected so the stats appear. Some of them are lower level stuff though but still fairly useful for what it is :D

CrovaxPSO

Looking at my stuff, I'm realizing that I haven't found many higher level rares I can use. I replaced most of the lower level ones with regular items since the rares I had were all like level 4. I did find this head piece for my knight recently, but I'm not sure why I'm using it other than it's female knight only.

bB5MLfx.jpg

Parakeetman

Looking at my stuff, I'm realizing that I haven't found many higher level rares I can use. I replaced most of the lower level ones with regular items since the rares I had were all like level 4. I did find this head piece for my knight recently, but I'm not sure why I'm using it other than it's female knight only.

bB5MLfx.jpg

i have the same thing the stats and resistance it adds helps a lot though considering when you go on the constant defensive with your knight. not sure why i dont have it equipped tho lol since its better than the tiara thats fot sure

im looking at the stats and what extras they add to my chars and make sacrifices to def status for that.

CrovaxPSO

I think I'll spend some time tomorrow at max gauge farming on floors 2 and 3 of Babelsphere for some new items. I wasn't even level 10 the last time I spent a while gathering stuff up, and since then I've mostly just been doing the next several quests. I might also consider leveling up a samurai to switch out for the archer for a while.

Parakeetman

I think I'll spend some time tomorrow at max gauge farming on floors 2 and 3 of Babelsphere for some new items. I wasn't even level 10 the last time I spent a while gathering stuff up, and since then I've mostly just been doing the next several quests. I might also consider leveling up a samurai to switch out for the archer for a while.

The samurai is fantastic for crowd control and if you are feeling suicidal but want to deal out a lot of damage at once the 2nd attack skill you learn is pretty good if you have a high speed rating. But you can also take some pretty mean damage from using it just due to taking hits in the process. Would suggest carrying around multiple katanas that have +damage to a specific type of enemy if you know what they are and switching em out at times. Really does make a diff. Im guessing the ones in babelsphere are 未知 type.

Demon Gaze there was a build you could do revolving around the 2nd skill, but it really makes you a glass cannon. This game am pretty sure you can do something similar. I use it sometimes, but man usually lose half my life as a result making the next turn worrysome. But helps considering am dealing out the missing damage from when the Knight using the defense skill.

Truthfully currently the most irritating thing is getting hit by status effects. Got half my party put under sleep and goddamn did it make that fight irritating. Esp considering how expensive the status recovery items are and limited in number from the shop.

Really need to boost my resistance better.

btw use that lv req free item so you can go deck out your lv 1 samurai with whatever you got for it. :D

--------

Also seems like this game is a combination of Code Hazard and Code Breaker. Which means possibly the 2nd game would be based off of Code Realize. Wonder if they would combine it with Cross Blood also? Though doubt people would be happy playing that all over again. Considering we have had 4 releases of it already. PC, X360, PSV, PSV. Though I suppose the aim would be towards those who didnt like the original series art so would make sense afterall though personally they would need to step up some things with the game itself to make some sections a little more user friendly information wise. Game design is fine, just that information is lacking for newer players who would be unfamiliar to the series.

-------

Useful info for those confused about what enemy types go with what category. Some examples. Seems like was right and the stuff in Babel are 未知. Will have to make some specific equipment for that then.

http://www.spoiler.jp/srv/abyss/index.php?異形

Dorarnae

samurai in cross blood are pretty strong if you have the assassin as sub
or assassin main and samurai sub. the assassin passive lower AC ability was just too good.

Parakeetman

samurai in cross blood are pretty strong if you have the assassin as sub
or assassin main and samurai sub. the assassin passive lower AC ability was just too good.

seriously the samurai if you use the 2nd skill yeah you most def need lowered AC haha since I got killed several times now due to it. But goddamn did I do a lot of damage before dropping dead first!

Parakeetman

some of the monster new design are really nice. I wonder if the new meikyuu cross blood will have those...

Not sure, I tried checking the HP and they didnt have the credits listed. But if its the same 3 artists as Abyss then possibly.

Kyo / 村瀬 倫太郎 / 山中 虎鉄

Though Im worried that since it says it will have touch screen compatibility again. Since personally the stuff is a pain in the ass when playing on the Vita as you cant turn it off. Which causes you to skip text and there being no real text log when it comes to story stuff = missed text.

Once again this is one game that does not need touch at all even more so if its not properly implemented. I seriously hope this time they put in an option to turn touch off.

Parakeetman

Oh yeah Crovax in Babel from a lv C chest I actually got a Psi Bow. Not sure how good it is since didnt lv up my archer at all lol.

Parakeetman

Good to know, haven't had time to play today yet but I'll do my farming there later tonight. Thanks for the heads up!

Dragged 3 other characters up to lv 15 also. Bought those HP up items BUT they are pretty worthless as they dont raise your HP all that much for the cost so dont do it...

You front 2 samurai in the first section with all those drill things and you can gain EXP pretty fast along with cash. Esp if those horizontal worm looking things show up in rows. The other sectors dont recommend as much due to the potential chance of death from the stupid bunnies or tapeworms...

Dorarnae

ohhh yeah. actually this is a bad muramasa, but I'll still take it heh.
took a couple reload but why not.

TNWR-1_zps813dc1b1.png

TNWR-2_zps1c96026b.png

and got this for my fighter
TNWR-3_zpsb52aa3f1.png

Parakeetman

haha very cool Doranae wouldnt expect any less from our resident pro DRPGer!

btw doranae i read that if you use the picopico hammer thing you can make a good one apparently. Ill have to try that when i reach that point in the game. The plans to make it isnt too expensive at 15,000 GP cheaper than buying the actual item itself.

Top Bottom