• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Henderson - EXCLUSIVE - Assassin's Creed Black Flag Remake is Closer Than You Think

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

We first got wind of an Assassin’s Creed Black Flag Remake earlier this year, and information sent to Insider Gaming suggests that the game could be coming sooner than you might think.

When rumors of the Assassin’s Creed Black Flag Remake began to circulate on the internet, many, including ourselves, assumed that the game would still be some years away from releasing. However, new details and documentation on the game sent to Insider Gaming under the condition that it does not go public suggest that the game is well into development and could be released much sooner than we all thought.

In fact, prior to the recent Assassin’s Creed Shadows delay, which is understood to have affected the Assassin’s Creed pipeline of content releases, the Assassin’s Creed Black Flag Remake (codenamed Obsidian) was to be released around November 2025, which would be around the same time that the series’ multiplayer offering, codenamed Invictus, is to be released.

Insider Gaming understands that this is part of Ubisoft’s ramp-up strategy for the Assassin’s Creed series, which will see around 10 Assassin’s Creed titles of various lengths and experiences released in the next five years. This includes Assassin’s Creed codename Jade, a fully-fledged mobile offering with a tentative date in Q2 2025 (FYQ1 26).

Unfortunately, though, the recent Assassin’s Creed Shadows delay, which Marc-Alexis Côté said to said staff in an internal email “will also impact the rest of the Assassin’s Creed roadmap,” may have skewed these dates a little. That being said, to some, the Black Flag Remake is probably coming a few years earlier than some of us may have expected.

Gameplay sent to Insider Gaming of the Black Flag Remake under the condition that it does not go public shows Edward Kenway sailing a ship on the upgraded Anvil Engine.

https://insider-gaming.com/black-flag-remake-release-date/

Last edited:

Kacho

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

SJRB

Gold Member
Why not just make a Black Flag 2, you stupid motherfuckers?

Black Flag is a great pirate game but a TERRIBLE Assassin's Creed game. This thing could be your next megaton franchise if you just drop the Assassin's Creed stuff and focus on the pirate life. And not make it a GaaS.

Last edited:

Larxia

Why not just make a Black Flag 2, you stupid motherfuckers?

Black Flag is a great pirate game but a TERRIBLE Assassin's Creed game. This thing could be your next megaton franchise if you just drop the Assassin's Creed stuff and focus on the pirate life. And not make it a GaaS.
Modern ubisoft doesn't know how to do that anymore, just look at Skull & Bones. I know that game was supposed to be different because multiplayer, but still, we went from a great AAA single player game to a AAAA that cost 850 million and look and plays like a mobile game.

I'm sure this remake will be worse than the original if it really exists.

Radical_3d

To piss off Bloodbourne fans. Honestly I thought I did enjoy BF as the only AC that I’ve ever bought. But when they did give away the DLC in PSPlus or something like that trying to go back to that kind of game seemed impossible. I gave up on the DLC after just a few minutes. I think I like BF better in my memories, and I’ll let it stay there.

GudOlRub

I love Black Flag so I don't mind a remake at all, but man I wish they'd give Connor another chance with a sequel and then an Haytham game to complete the Kenway saga.
I was never a AC3 hater, I actually really liked it back when it came out, but replaying it a decade later makes me appreciate that game even more, I understand teenage kids being underwhelmed with a character like Connor after having Ezio for 3 previous entries, but goddamn the writing in AC (outside the modern story) was at its absolute peak in the Revelations/AC3/Black Flag era.

jburdick7

Neo Member
This was around when I dropped Assassin’s Creed. I don’t really see the need for a remaster of it but if it can run on my Steam Deck I’d pick it up. I didn’t hate AC3 but by the time Black Flag came out I was getting tired of the series.

I’d much rather they spent this investment into remaking the entire Sands of Time trilogy instead of just the Sands of Time but I get that I’m probably in the minority there lol.

RCX

FFS. Stop just fucking stop.

I played black flag a few weeks ago. It looks just fine. Better than fine.

Artistic bankruptcy 101

Nankatsu

Gold Member
How can we salvage the boredom that the AC franchise became?

By bringing back the GOAT Assassin's Creed game.

Still, another remake, so yeah, not that exciting.

Last edited:
Top Bottom