• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Henderson - EXCLUSIVE - Assassin's Creed Black Flag Remake is Closer Than You Think

[Sigma]

Ahh, the AC game in which I knew I was done with the AC franchise. A lot liked this game, I wasn't one them lol. Felt like a slog from the beginning and never made it too far in the game and gave the disc to my bro. One of the last Ubisoft games I bought too.

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
When I think about this game all I remember is a stealth boat section where you had to follow another boat slowly and would fail and restart if you got too close. Good stuff, should hold up well.

intbal

Not interested because I don't like the AC series.
However, for other Xbox gamers, this would be a welcome remake, since the original release never got any enhancement and runs at a poorly rendered 900p.

Last edited:

SyberWolf

always remakes. just take this formula and setting and put it in a new story.
or even better make a black flag sequel.
or a "black flag" game of the spanish/portuguese in japan like the tv show shogun instead of AC Shadows.

Thebonehead

It better be remade for the modern audience!

said no one ever
You don't want this?
MsDM8h7.jpeg

Fbh

Well they might as well recycled some of those Skull and Bones assets into something people actually might want to buy.
But yeah I'd much have preferred a black flag 2 or a proper new standalone pirate game.

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
I have heard they did a race swap and are renaming it AC: Black Pirate

Be like "We've listened to your concern and decided to make sure the main character is native to the setting, we will now have actual Caribbean person as the main character"

pikachu-shocked-face-stunned.gif

This game still looks and plays great. The MP is still kinda active on PC/Steam/Uplay.

I don’t get why this needs a remaster let alone a remake.

Remake AC 1. That’s the starting point and had a few cool ideas but plays really bad in 2024/25. Also constantly freezes on PC because the servers are offline, bad audio mix and no subtitles 😂😂 classic Ubisoft.

Remaking AC 1 and adding a new MP mode to freshen up the series and entice new players would be cool but it’s Ubisoft, no way they will do something this good.

Last edited:
What is the closest thing to "I just never think about it, never dream about it, never talk about it, never remember it was a thing?!?" Just tell me Tom, what is the closest thing to ZERO....

Last edited:
I would definitely go back through this one again. Loved the ship fights, and the stealth was not stupidly easy like more recent Ubisoft games, could actually have some challenge

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Releasing a whole calendar year later isn't exactly 'sooner than you think' category. The way this had been rumored for months, I thought this would be a Q1 game or so, but that was before Shadows itself got delayed.

Kacho

This game still looks and plays great. The MP is still kinda active on PC/Steam/Uplay.

I don’t get why this needs a remaster let alone a remake.
Dude, it’s stuck at 900p on Xbox and 1080p on PlayStation, both versions are 30fps and look dreadful these days. It’s needed.

Top Bottom