• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Henderson - EXCLUSIVE - Context Around the Assassin's Creed Shadows Delay

That's not... how did you get that from the article?

Everything I'm reading here just further cements my opinion that developers these days are extremely lax and inefficient.

We can now see why they were there in the first place.

You can't have no crunch and passive work culture and lax processes and expect games to come out on time and polished.
Stupidest thing I’ve read on these forums.

Do you expect to work in your chosen profession for 60-80 hours per week, for several months to a year+, with no paid overtime and your only reward being the almost guarantee of getting laid off once your project is complete?

Is that an acceptable way for your employer to treat you?

Samurai Champloo was so peak and the music helped the fluid movement of the combat style of both protagonists, the problem isnt with hip hop, the problem is giving the only black dude in the entire country the hip hop theme, it was fucking crazy in the reveal and Yasuke plays like a bull, it was so stereotypical that became unironically the most overtly racist shit I have ever watch in a videogame
It seems fine to me when it's not specifically a african man who gets the hiphop music.

In that case it seemed racist as fuck to me.

Oh he's black? Throw some hiphop music in there, the kids will love it!
…And a big part of that, as people have pointed out, is because his specific hip hop music is lame. If they had gotten the guys behind the Afro Samurai soundtrack or RZA form Wu-Tang for example (as mentioned above) this convo wouldn’t be as big of a deal because there would be a cool/artistic factor to it.

You normally see the vision with good soundtracks, regardless of stereotyping, especially with interviews of the composer. From media so far it sounds like Ubisoft decided to skip this and choose generic.

Fess

Um, what was wrong with the open world climbing in Tsushima?
You have to search for a specific climbing spot similar to more linear games. There was some talk about it in another thread. As someone said, Assassin’s Creed games also have climbing spots but there are a ton of them almost everywhere, makes them feel more open when it comes to vertical traversal.

Top Bottom