• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human – Stand and be counted

Status
Not open for further replies.
chase said:
Somebody is in an awful hurry to fit themselves into the sterotypical "grownup" mold they've been told is proper and right, while misunderstanding it completely. Somebody is finding role models in the higher-ups in GAF. Somebody is full of himself. Somebody found thesaurus.com
You can just say "I", you know.

WarPig

Hero said:
The truth is I've been on the fence since this game was announced back in the N64 days.
PSX days, technically, it started life as a PlayStation game. I remember digging the old preview out of the IGNPSX backend a long time ago, with scanned screenshots from an issue of Next Generation or something. For all I know that might even still be on the site, if you looked hard enough.

In regards the topic at hand, I am For Mr. Dyack finding a better way to spend his spare time. Racquetball maybe.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
*Requiem of a Dream music kicks in at some point, visuals still need to be added, get trailer guy*

in a world

where the internet reigns supreme

and battles are fought in a virtual warzone

two forces clash

over the throne of the empire

whoever wins

we laugh.

Tyler Malka is Evilore

Denis Dyack is Denis Dyack

in

TWO HUMANS

Nizz

I really think Dennis should let the game speak for itself. If it's good, people will get it, the word will spread, you'll be a completely vindicated man... There are already a couple of big hitters already out (MGS 4, GTA IV) so to be proclaiming GAF will "eat crow" cause the game is so good is a bit premature. Believe me, if the quality is there, people will come. Unless they've been so turned off by getting beat over the head that the game is "one of the greatest games ever made"....

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Wow nothing. This game has been set back and set back, and when we see new media on it, it looks worse and worse. I've lost all interest in it. KZ2 keeps getting set back, but it keeps looking better and better, not the other way around, so I can excuse them to a point. Then someone comes on talking tuff on it, that we have to pick for or against now on a game we haven't played? If he's so sure it'll be better than MOST games, that would be a 90+ in the media, since people love using those shitastic scores that the media gives as the indicator of game quality.

can i ask : would you take a bet that KZ2 tops a 90% average?

J-Rzez

WrikaWrek said:
Cool, Uncharted is not AAA. It's nice to have some closure on that.

It's AAA to the majority that played it, especially on here, myself included considering it the best game of it's year. The media necessarily did not. But people love throwing those scores around as truth and justice, and he's talking about the media as well, so he should have to deal with it. Period. You don't see Evan Wells coming here like DD, you don't hear him talking like DD in interviews and podcasts, why stick up for the guy? He's making the tall claims, if I'm going to throw down $60 on the game, it better be worth it, as I could've spend that on shop towels, oil for the car, a decent dinner with my gf, or, another game.

Kade

I'll preorder 5 copies of the game if the fighting stops...

I'm dead serious.

Please think of the children who can't tell the difference between good games and bad ones. Not saying that TH will be bad.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
The game looks good and all, but man, this is just escapism were talking about here you know? This is kind of silly.

Congrats on going gold though!

beerbelly

Banned
J-Rzez said:
It's AAA to the majority that played it, especially on here, myself included considering it the best game of it's year. The media necessarily did not. But people love throwing those scores around as truth and justice, and he's talking about the media as well, so he should have to deal with it. Period. You don't see Evan Wells coming here like DD, you don't hear him talking like DD in interviews and podcasts, why stick up for the guy? He's making the tall claims, if I'm going to throw down $60 on the game, it better be worth it, as I could've spend that on shop towels, oil for the car, a decent dinner with my gf, or, another game.

Well, yea, 60$ is a lot for a security guard.

Spoo

I retract my "for" and wish for it to be replaced with "against." Please update your records, Mr. Denis Dyack.

I saw Page 6, and I've decided that I won't put up with this at all.

J-Rzez

DCharlie said:
can i ask : would you take a bet that KZ2 tops a 90% average?

No. The first game was a mess. The gameplay was horrid. It "looks" like they fixed it up a bit so far, but I don't trust it one bit. Game is a benchmark for visuals even with the shitty vids, supposedly sounds wicked, and may have a great presentation, but if it plays like the first it shouldn't hit 70%.

All I said was, KZ2 looks better and better each time we see it, it maintains my interest because of that. This has done the opposite, thus my interest is gone. If the gameplay is incredible, then i'll give it a shot though. Afterall, Dead Rising wasn't really a benchmark of graphics, but it's gameplay was sooo fun, it's still perhaps in my top 3 of this gen.

Doodis

Spoo said:
I retract my "for" and wish for it to be replaced with "against." Please update your records, Mr. Denis Dyack.

I saw Page 6, and I've decided that I won't put up with this at all.

So if you're not putting up, does that mean you're shutting up?

I kid, I kid. Nothing personal, just had to say it.

le.phat

looks ugly, might be fun.

As the producer i honestly think you're completely discrediting your team with this immature stance on your game. If the game turns out good word of mouth will sell this game to the faithful. Now you're just giving people another reason to be turned off by your products.

Lykathea

Banned
[Nintex] said:
Against
I was for the GameCube version

Denis did you forget about the Zelda TP aftermath? Even the most hyped and awesome games are "dissapointing" according to GAF. I expect the "MGS4 wasn't all that great" thread next week.

It is not about personal opinion, but about the ironically unreliable scores the game garners via metacritic from the Internet's largest review sites.

Anyways, FOR.

Well, Dyack got his wish. This thread is on the front page of Kotaku, so people are talking about Too Human and not MGS4.

Good job, Denis! All it cost was your dignity.

Spoo

Doodis said:
So if you're not putting up, does that mean you're shutting up?

I kid, I kid. Nothing personal, just had to say it.

I'll gladly shut up. I'd hate for my contribution to society to be "for." :lol

I mean, why do I get this creepy feeling like Dyack is jus keepin' track of the "fors" on a sticky note that he can jerk off to right before he falls asleep?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
bmf said:
90% is a perfectly good differentiation point for one really good reason:

I don't agree that it's a fair comparison. A game developed by a company that at the time was a second party publisher for everyone's favorite publisher gets a bit favorable a look than a game that has gotten almost nothing but negative press throughout it's entire development.

Further, Eternal Darkness was definitely not a 9/10 for me, it felt totally stiff and underdelivered.

Darunia said:
*Requiem of a Dream music kicks in at some point, visuals still need to be added, get trailer guy*

in a world

where the internet reigns supreme

and battles are fought in a virtual warzone

two forces clash

over the throne of the empire

whoever wins

we laugh.

Tyler Malka is Evilore

Denis Dyack is Denis Dyack

in

TWO HUMANS

You just gave me an idea...

WrikaWrek

Banned
J-Rzez said:

Right but you said that for a game to be AAA it had to score 90% at least, and "your majority" is hard to define in the same way Denis "most" is, i mean.

You can't have double standards. A game either needs that score average or it doesn't, and you said it does, so even though you and i might like it very much for what it is, a good game, it can't be considered a AAA game, and certainly it wasn't one of the best games of that year.

I see your point about DD coming here talking to us, well you know, each person is like each person, and too human being a good game or not has little to do with what he says here as a response to trolls.

And of course, 60$ is a lot of money. But so far it hasn't cost you shit.

Yaweee

How on Earth are people so easily persuaded by the presentation of confidence?

----------

I thought people were exaggerating when they said "10 years", but... holy fuck, I had no idea they were telling the truth.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Will jstevenson make a thread like this before R2 comes out?

Polari

Hahahahaha, Denis you have truly lost your mind. That or this is a brilliant marketing ploy.

For what it's worth, I think it will be a good game. I'll admit you have a decent track record as a developer.

scarybore

That opening post is awesome, I don't know whether to laugh or cry:lol

As for Too Human, I am neither for or against to be honest. I enjoyed Eternal Darkness for what it was worth, an interesting, fun but flawed game with ideas that needed better execution, so Too Human was always going to get a good look from me.

While I can't comment on how Too Human plays since I obviously haven't played it yet, a lot of my excitement and enthusiasm disappeared once four player co-op was removed (I was looking forward to a game without a fee that could possibly match the general experience of PSO since PSU failed so miserably) and visually the game looks very disjointed and unimpressive from what I have seen.

Will probably get a rental at the very least, and should it be as good as you say Mr Dyack then I will gladly take the plunge providing I can get a friend to do the same.

Mifune

Mehmber
The most surprising thing about this thread is seeing just how few out and out haters there actually are.

As I suspected, most people here would really like the game to turn out well. A killer demo could be the difference maker.

barnacles

Banned
Is Denis slowly transforming into a "butt hurt lolcow" ?

I'm too old to know for sure if I used that meme/phrase right. But it doesn't matter because I did it for the lulz.

Right?

KingJ2002

Against.

Over the years too human went from being one of my most anticipated games to something I'm considering to gamefly. The game looks incredibly boring and repetitive now... doesn't look too far from the e3 06 showing of the game and graphically it looks as run of the mill as most UE3 titles released. The game has "skip me" written all over it and i believe this game will not be enjoyable to play... and ill go further to say this game will bomb at retail.

einhard

What the fuck is this? You're picking imaginary teams for an internet flame war? Pretty sad to see a company president reduced to this level of viral marketing.

Too Human looks to be a fun game. I'm digging the art style, and Diablo done right on consoles sounds fantastic.

Having said that, I sincerely hope that this is not Dennis but instead someone who has hacked his account or something. Seriously, the OP screams of childishness, oversensitivity, and poor grammar.

f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5

fucking christ dennis post

putuporshutup.jpg

I would really like to see you meet that bet with Evilore. It's for charity!

Gendal

Every since you responded to my post 'so it has elements like diablo?' with a yes, I landed firmly in the "For" camp. I was pretty much there since the days of Kain though and never got the MGS remake hatred, so I suppose that's to be expected.

For

mik

mik is unbeatable
I have to be prematurely for or against a game I haven't played? I thought Denis was tired of people forming opinions based on unfinished work.

I'm going to remain in the camp I've always been in: looks like shit currently, but I can't wait to try it out.

Personally, I think in creating this thread, you've proven you were already "owned by the GAF."

le.phat

mik said:
I have to be prematurely for or against a game I haven't played? I thought Denis was tired of people forming opinions based on unfinished work.

I'm going to remain in the camp I've always been in: looks like shit currently, but I can't wait to try it out.

Personally, I think in creating this thread, you've proven you were already "owned by the GAF."

spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom