• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human – Stand and be counted

Status
Not open for further replies.

WrikaWrek

Banned
J-Rzez said:
No. DD is promoting the game as "better than most", that elevates it to AAA status, thus it should hit AT LEAST 90% based on the media's recent scales. He's making the big claim, he should stand for it. And it's for charity anyways.

Dude don't be a hypocrite, i remember your posts about Uncharted, are you telling me that game isn't AAA?

Rorschach

Chinner said:
Lets make this a little bit more exicting:
If Too Human gets more than 90%: Evilore posts pictures of himself naked on the internet
If Too Human gets less than 80%: Dennis Dyack posts pictures of himself naked on the internet.
If Too Humans gets inbetween 80 and 90%: EvilLore posts a picture of his top half naked and Dennis Dyack posts a picture of his bottom half naked and then we stick the pictures together to form Evil Dyack.

Now things will get exicting.
I vote for this, but they can cover their junk with something...like a cleverly placed leaf or a roll of...nm.

Quazar

chase said:
Oh god oh god oh god. GAF mods. Must...hold...tongue...

But seriously PC games are held to higher standards. Like for instance MMORPGs are in abundance on PC, not so on console so it will cause a difference in opinion. And a game like TH doesn't come around often on consoles so standards are lower for most console specific reviewers.

alerus

Neo Member
Well this should be ineresting. While I am looking forward to Too Human, I don't like to state something as a firm belief until I play it.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
The Too Human hate has pretty much become some sort of Meme. Its an event. Whenever a Too Human thread rears its head, we all flame it to hell. My honest opinion is, if the game has lots of loot, I'll be there.

chase

ShockingAlberto said:
Regardless of how good or bad the game is, acting like a fucking unprofessional baby for some sort of internet toughguy comeuppance has caused me to lose any respect I might have had for Dyack.

He's that asshole in the office that demands high-fives for doing his job and holds grudges when you won't engage him in his primordial victory flesh slaps. He cares more about what people think about him and how badass he can be perceived than he does maintaining any sort of professional aura about himself.

What a goddamn child.

Somebody is in an awful hurry to fit themselves into the sterotypical "grownup" mold they've been told is proper and right, while misunderstanding it completely. Somebody is finding role models in the higher-ups in GAF. Somebody is full of himself. Somebody found thesaurus.com

AAK

Wow Dyack, did you really take all that criticism personally? This really is pathetic. I always was applauding Too Human saying that it will be the first RPG that would potentially get into the genre.

But whatever, I attribute Too Human to the dedicated workers at Silicon Knights. Dyack and this childish thread can go to hell. This is just like Uwe Boll.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
sp0rsk said:
So when do we start planning the Evilore VS. Denis Dyack boxing match?

All wrong sporks, Dyack is a wrestler and I'm a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu dude. It'd be a grappling match, not a boxing match :D

h3ro

Darunia said:
"I don't think I'll be weighing in with my own GAF username — my awful tag is just awful enough, thank you, mods"

a link to this guy's profile please

McWhertor is geek and his tag is ninny prancer... :lol

Rorschach said:
Do it at Staples Center. I'd pay good money.

Psshhhh... only a real arena would suffice for such a battle... Madison Square Garden.

:p

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Uh...an outside source IS the best option because there's no bias.

i think GAF opinion is most review sites are biased one way or another depending on what thier favourite game scores that issue.

Anyways, this is between DD and GAF , so it should be kept within our bounds.

Fuck me you're really looking to rile some of these posters up.

i want to highlight how rediculously safe the bet is. It plays on the fact that ED was overrated (a la PDZ etc) - something i thought we'd established on gaf X years ago, so using that as a bench mark for TH seems unfair.

As someone pointed out, for DD to win this bet, TH has to out score Diablo 2.
Come now - this is just a way too one sided and safe bet.
If the game is going to be as bad as the haters feel, then i'm not sure 90% shows any sort of confidence in it's bombage!

No. DD is promoting the game as "better than most", that elevates it to AAA status

... wow.

J-Rzez

WrikaWrek said:
Dude don't be a hypocrite, i remember your posts about Uncharted, are you telling me that game isn't AAA?

And everyone held those scores against Uncharted. I considered it an AAA game, the media did not. Therefore 90+ or bust. No special treatment. He wants to be outspoken and ballsy, then that's how it should be. Remember, this is media involved too, not just gaf.

WrikaWrek

Banned
DCharlie said:
As someone pointed out, for DD to win this bet, TH has to out score Diablo 2.
Come now - this is just a way too one sided and safe bet.
If the game is going to be as bad as the haters feel, then i'm not sure 90% shows any sort of confidence in it's bombage!

It would be funny in a way to see responses like

"Aahahahahahaha, not even reached 90%, what a POS". I think it would be a shinning day.

J-Rzez said:
And everyone held those scores against Uncharted. I considered it an AAA game, the media did not. Therefore 90+ or bust. No special treatment. He wants to be outspoken and ballsy, then that's how it should be. Remember, this is media involved too, not just gaf.

Cool, Uncharted is not AAA. It's nice to have some closure on that.

Here to register my FOR.

And in response to AAK, It's not just Denis taking it personally.
Too Human is a game most of the 'hardcore' have decided to write-off while knowing sweet f*ck-all about it.
If it gets people interested and to try the game I think it's a good idea.
The only issue is that the stunt could backfire, and give people a reason to nit-pick.

Although I'm not sure how I feel about this thread, considering Eternal Darkness is my favorite game of all time I guess I'm in the excited category.

besiktas1

All this commotion and Dennis has prolly forgot about it and gone bed. When he wakes up he's going to have 100 messages on his phone (all from R. Bach)
1. Dude

2. Weak

3. :(

so on so on.

Also I hope this is the greatest way to introduce the demo ever.

Dyack saying GAF members to give it a try ect. Then BAM here's your demo you tossers :lol

Zzoram

I'll give the demo a try. I liked Devil May Cry 4, and I loved Diablo I/II. If this game is even remotely successful at cloning their gameplay and runs well, I'll probably get it.

Dama

Banned
Preview of the fight:

fight.jpg

MrDaravon

bmf said:
90% is a perfectly good differentiation point for one really good reason:

NICE. His post says he believes this is the best game they've ever made, there is no excuse whatsoever to go under 90% now.

This forum will most certainly not be on fire regardless of how the game turns out, it's not a marquee title, it's not "the next big thing" that everybody is hyped for, most people don't give a rat's ass about it so if by some miracle the game turns out to be anything other than patently mediocre the most you'll get is about the same impact as a wet fart. If the game turns out like everybody thinks it will then you'll get a few haha's but either way the thread will have a hard time staying on the front page.

Stealth

This is great. Dyack is once again unzipping and flaunting his unimpressive e-peen, and the internet is eating it up like its the latest Britney debacle.

Too Human could be a great game, but it looks like it's now going to live or die according to the hype machine that builds between now and the game's August release. Anything short of high eights means Dyack is the next gaming pariah after Jeff Bell. Anything above that means we all hate him slightly less. Either way, none of this helps Too Human.

I say permaban Dyack and any other Silicon Knight for this shit if the game bombs. If it doesn't, then nothing changes. The game made him money, and he gets his redemption. Simple as that.

J-Rzez

DCharlie said:

Wow nothing. This game has been set back and set back, and when we see new media on it, it looks worse and worse. I've lost all interest in it. KZ2 keeps getting set back, but it keeps looking better and better, not the other way around, so I can excuse them to a point. Then someone comes on talking tuff on it, that we have to pick for or against now on a game we haven't played? If he's so sure it'll be better than MOST games, that would be a 90+ in the media, since people love using those shitastic scores that the media gives as the indicator of game quality.

WrikaWrek

Banned
ICallItFutile said:
So Dyack hasn't posted since he told duckroll off huh? I wonder if he will ever post here again...

Shane Kim ninjas saw this thread i'm sure. Then a call was made.

People cried. And i'm pretty sure MS won't greenlight a sequel easily. As fun as this all is, i don't think it's good for Dyack.

xbhaskarx

Darunia said:
"I don't think I'll be weighing in with my own GAF username — my awful tag is just awful enough, thank you, mods"

a link to this guy's profile please

:lol

Michael McWhertor... is there any way to look that up?

Teriyaki said:
- If it's over 90%, EvilLore pays all 1K.
- If it's below 80%, Denis pays 1k.
- Anything in between and you both pay 500.

EvilLore and Dyack - surely this is a fair way forward for all, considering everything that has been said (my game will be awesome, your game will be shit)?

JordoftheDead said:
Here to register my FOR.

Too Human is a game most of the 'hardcore' have decided to write-off while knowing sweet f*ck-all about it.
If it gets people interested and to try the game I think it's a good idea.

Well the fact taht we do know sweet fuck all about it can be traced back to a certain cause.

And I would rather him get people interested by actually being forthcoming with info about the game. There are tons of questions that I need answered about the game, that I have hardly heard anywhere.

FightyF

Banned
I'm wondering why this thread didn't have a poll...how do we tally the results? It would have been an easier method of seeing who voted for who.

If the game does get over 90%, I'll propose to Jade Raymond for her hand in marriage.

I think everyone should have their own little Too Human bets.

I don't think the mods would appreciate it if I started a "Too Human bet thread"...would you mods?

beerbelly

Banned
J-Rzez said:
Wow nothing. This game has been set back and set back, and when we see new media on it, it looks worse and worse. I've lost all interest in it. KZ2 keeps getting set back, but it keeps looking better and better, not the other way around, so I can excuse them to a point. Then someone comes on talking tuff on it, that we have to pick for or against now on a game we haven't played? If he's so sure it'll be better than MOST games, that would be a 90+ in the media, since people love using those shitastic scores that the media gives as the indicator of game quality.

Why are you in here?

I've never seen so many mods putting down a game in a single thread. :lol

sh4mike

The listed stakes put Denis in a tough position.

TH is an 85 game -- something like NG2. I have it pre-ordered and I still don't expect it to hit a 90 average.

But at this point, Denis cannot come back with "I think my game is great, but the bet would have to be 85+." That statement is at odds with his OP.

Someone else proposed <80 Denis pays, 90+ Evilore pays, and a split on 80-89. That would allow all parties to save face. And I'm sure Denis would actually consider agreeing here.

Denis wouldn't suggest this, though -- Evilore, you should step up with this revised wager. It's for charity anyway -- write it off.

Assuming there aren't potential legal/corporate issues with a (former?) company president betting on review scores for his own title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom