• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human Official Thread of Hack-n-Loot

Caspel said:
Haha, yes it is -- I loved the ending. I'm hoping this game sells well so there's no doubt for a sequel. Of course, unless there's going to be a sequel regardless of how it sells.

Bravo Dyack, bravo :). I sat in one of your presentations at E3 2006 and was eager to see the final results; I can honestly say I am quite pleased.

okay- not fair. not fair at all.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
Denis Dyack said:
:) :) :) There will be - 2 in fact. Discovery->Revenge->Enlightenment :D

I can assume the revenge angle is a bit more clear to you after finishing :)

Heh, now that answers my question about how the games would progress considering that Baldur's death brings forth Ragnarok.

I'm guessing Baldur dies at the end of the first game and there's a different protagonist for each of the three games. I'm guessing Tyr or Thor for Too Human 2 and Odin for Too Human 3. Hmmmm... I'm not sure how how your characters stats would transfer over the next games...

Denis Dyack said:
We already have those covered in the trilogy.

Oh fuck yes.

But.. do they crack wise?

Denis Dyack said:
Cant break the embargo - we have to be fair to everyone. :) Sorry guys, ill be here in full force after the release. :)

Any chance of you or any other members of Silicon Knights willing to play with us?

Witchfinder General said:
Heh, now that answers my question about how the games would progress considering that Baldur's death brings forth Ragnarok.

I'm guessing Baldur dies at the end of the first game and there's a different protagonist for each of the three games. I'm guessing Tyr or Thor for Too Human 2 and Odin for Too Human 3. Hmmmm... I'm not sure how how your characters stats would transfer over the next games...

Oh fuck yes.

But.. do they crack wise?

Mimir does most of that in the first game - LOL some of his lines still make me laugh. Their roles will expand in the trilogy :).

xS1TH L0RDx said:
Any chance of you or any other members of Silicon Knights willing to play with us?

Yep - already playing with a few here :). Urk was my first request :). I have not seen him around lately though :(.

Denis Dyack said:
Yep - already playing with a few here :). Urk was my first request :). I have not seen him around lately though :(.

Thats awesome. Hopefully I will run into one of you guys online. I have to say that as excited as I am to get the game on Wednesday and play through it then sink my teeth into the co-op, I'm more excited for subsequent playthroughs. The journey to hitting the level cap is going to be a blast:D :D :D

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I'm still on the fence for this game. I liked the gameplay and the atmosphere, but the graphical inconcistencies (animation, framerate in particular) kind of make the game feel unfinished and hard to justify spending full price on. Does anyone know if the North American version of the game is going to be region free? I could pick up the Japanese version, but I hear it is going to be fully localized (dubbed) and I prefer to play games in their original language whenever possible.

xS1TH L0RDx said:
Thats awesome. Hopefully I will run into one of you guys online. I have to say that as excited as I am to get the game on Wednesday and play through it then sink my teeth into the co-op, I'm more excited for subsequent playthroughs. The journey to hitting the level cap is going to be a blast:D :D :D

It is very likely you will. There are many at SK who believe that lvl 30+ is best part of the game. Lvl 50 is out of control (in a good way) and people have not stopped playing when we GMed. I have never seen this at SK before.

Zefah said:
I'm still on the fence for this game. I liked the gameplay and the atmosphere, but the graphical inconcistencies (animation, framerate in particular) kind of make the game feel unfinished and hard to justify spending full price on. Does anyone know if the North American version of the game is going to be region free? I could pick up the Japanese version, but I hear it is going to be fully localized (dubbed) and I prefer to play games in their original language whenever possible.

All languages are on all versions and full localizations. You will be covered with any version you buy.

HiredMan

Denis, given Hugin and Munin are in the story, can we also assume that Freke and Gere will put in an appearance too?

Oh and if Sleipner is included, cant wait so see what he looks like! I'm guessing there will be four cybernetic legs........

JoeLang

Was there really framerate problems in the demo? I should preface by saying I'm not a stickler for framerate, but the only chugs in framerate I noticed were during menu screens or cutscenes (which I assume is due to the loading going on under the hood).

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Denis Dyack said:
All languages are on all versions and full localizations. You will be covered with any version you buy.

Thanks for the information! Do you happen to know if the North American version will work on non North American-hardware? I am in the states for the next week or so and am debating picking it up on launch day or not.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
JoeLang said:
Was there really framerate problems in the demo? I should preface by saying I'm not a stickler for framerate, but the only chugs in framerate I noticed were during menu screens or cutscenes (which I assume is due to the loading going on under the hood).

It wasn't too bad in my opinion. My main problem was with the animation. It was really choppy and not smooth at all which probably made the framerate look worse than it actually was.

Denis Dyack said:
It is very likely you will. There are many at SK who believe that lvl 30+ is best part of the game. Lvl 50 is out of control (in a good way) and people have not stopped playing when we GMed. I have never seen this at SK before.

Awesome news. All of it. :D

Fenix

Denis Dyack said:
If you are in our area (Niagara) Tuesday come to the local EB's we are there enforce signing and giving away some goodies - would be glad to :)

Just saw this, and oh boy now I'm excited. I'm seriously contemplating a drive down there now to pick up my copy. Glad to hear this.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Ok, so I just played through the demo (for like the 8th time), this time with a Commando.

First of all, I really liked it. It's fun to stand back and fire away, mixing in grenades here and there. However, I ran into a serious problem. When you open the first of the 3 doors by manipulating the rock in Cyberspace, you enter a room with one boss mob. Now, this guy sticks to you like glue! You can't get any distance from him, at least I couldn't, so he tore me up before I even had 1/4th of his first bar of health gone.

How do you handle situations like this with the Commando?

Mifune

Mehmber
Diseased Yak said:
Ok, so I just played through the demo (for like the 8th time), this time with a Commando.

First of all, I really liked it. It's fun to stand back and fire away, mixing in grenades here and there. However, I ran into a serious problem. When you open the first of the 3 doors by manipulating the rock in Cyberspace, you enter a room with one boss mob. Now, this guy sticks to you like glue! You can't get any distance from him, at least I couldn't, so he tore me up before I even had 1/4th of his first bar of health gone.

How do you handle situations like this with the Commando?

I usually flip him up into the air, then fire away with the rifle. Repeat until toast.

By the way, the guide says that going Commando solo is probably the hardest way to play the game.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Caspel said:
Haha, yes it is -- I loved the ending. I'm hoping this game sells well so there's no doubt for a sequel. Of course, unless there's going to be a sequel regardless of how it sells.

Bravo Dyack, bravo :). I sat in one of your presentations at E3 2006 and was eager to see the final results; I can honestly say I am quite pleased.

Nice. Which magazine/site are you with?

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
*sticks head in*

How're things going in here? Good? All right.

My free copy hasn't arrived in the mail yet, so I can't comment on the game. I keep checking the mailbox. Nothing but bills and pizza ads. Hmm.

*leaves*

SPEA

Saw this posted over at TH.net:

David Knight, the author of the Prima Games Too Human Strategy Guide, has released a blog featuring 10 Gameplay Tips that will help you enjoy the game when it reaches your XBox next week. David is a self professed Too Human fanatic and has spent many hours with the game already, so his advice comes with a great deal of knowledge that few of us currently have access to (well, unless you've bought the guide).
http://primagames.wordpress.com/2008/08/14/too-human-author-gameplay-tips/

Might contain useful info some people.

bishoptl said:
*sticks head in*

My free copy hasn't arrived in the mail yet, so I can't comment on the game. I keep checking the mailbox. Nothing but bills and pizza ads. Hmm.

*leaves*

Bish - please send me a pm and i will send you that copy for moderating this thread. :)

Thanks!

VaLiancY

Level 50 is going to be bat shit insane? Yes. :D I was playing the arena in the demo and I'm sliding back and forth thinking to myself "There are hordes more at higher levels, shit I gotta' be on my A-game on Wednesday"

MrDaravon

Denis Dyack said:

I was talking with him about that the other night. His XBL account did get hijacked; as far as I know he's got it straightened out, but he just hasn't gotten around to rebuilding his list or checking messages really yet. I play with him on his alt, I'll pass that along assuming he hasn't already seen this.

Doodis

Not sure if this constitutes a spoiler question or is already well known, but is Garm in the game?

too-human-20080813042729512.jpg

Game-Biz

bishoptl said:
*sticks head in*

*leaves*
Free copy, eh?

And talk you about pizza ads like it's a bad thing.

border

Oh, and Too Human needs a prequel/spin-off where you play as Odin travelling the land in search of knowledge, culminating with his hanging on Yggdrasill where you must travel through Hel and Niflheim in search of the eighteen spells and nine runes of power.
I dunno if you picked it up in the demo, but Odin is not a person in Too Human. It is O.D.I.N., some kind of distributed computer network with artificial intelligence that is credited with creating mankind as it is known.

FunkyMunkey said:
Arghhhh so soon.

How buff is the preorder armor?

I've been trying to wring-out this information, but Dyack & Co. seem pretty tight-lipped.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Picked up my pre-oder armor today. Been looking forward to the game for some time and that its Canadian made is a bonus!!

border

sevenchaos said:
I'm going to man handle the Gamestop next to my work until they give me my pre-order bonus. It's on come tomorrow afternoon.
Instead of giving the employees a hard time why don't you just place a pre-order on the website for In-Store Pickup? It's already been confirmed that they are sending e-mails out with the armor codes to people that pre-order on the web.

border said:
Instead of giving the employees a hard time why don't you just place a pre-order on the website for In-Store Pickup? It's already been confirmed that they are sending e-mails out with the armor codes to people that pre-order on the web.
True. The guy was pretty stupid on the phone. So I'm hoping talking face to face will get me better results.

VaLiancY

sevenchaos said:
I'm going to man handle the Gamestop next to my work until they give me my pre-order bonus. It's on come tomorrow afternoon.

Yeah I hope they don't pull that shit at my GameStop.

border said:

What? I pre-ordered this way and haven't received an email yet. Have they already gone out?

[Edit] By the way Denis, I just wanted to let you know that I think that it's great that you were willing to come back here and speak with the people that are really excited about the game after all that other shit went down. Everyone can see how committed you are to promoting your product and how much you really believe in it. I wish everyone would have a little more community involvement. Kudos! [/Edit]

border

I think there was a post on the TooHuman.net where the webmaster said he'd received his armor code in an e-mail, yeah.

akenatone

I will be picking up this game day one. But i really want to thank everybody ( Denis and GAF) for this thread. I hope this will become one of many interactions between creators and fans.

The timing is really weird on this one how the release dates for Space Siege and Too Human are less then a week apart and they are almost mirror copies of each other.

Edit: Sorry for a random post, but does anyone else find this somewhat strange.

SPEA

Lostconfused said:
The timing is really weird on this one how the release dates for Space Siege and Too Human are less then a week apart and they are almost mirror copies of each other.

Edit: Sorry for a random post, but does anyone else find this somewhat strange.
Except Space Seige doesn't have loot. And I don't that it even has classes or the ability of them to level up. I believe you just get 2 skill trees to f around with.

But if your talking in terms of just the 'man vs machine' stuff, then yeah it is a little coincidental.

Top Bottom