• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human Official Thread of Hack-n-Loot

Gowans007 said:
Co-op with different levels - If your a low level co-oping with a High level guy how will the game balance?

IIRC from the 1up show past, I believe the monsters level to the highest level player there.

Xenon

Saren is Bad said:
IIRC from the 1up show past, I believe the monsters level to the highest level player there.

So does a person have to hit a monster to get xp or are the points just split?

Wizpig

Ok, question for Denis Dyack - or obviously anyone else who already have their hands on the game: is the US version region-free?

I know the PAL version comes out 10 days later and it's not that big of a wait, but i'd rather play the game in these summer days.
Thanks.

Last night I played the demo as the commando, except I meleed most of my way through and noticed combat was a lot more difficult because the basic enemies took multiple hits to take down. It was actually more fun than playing with the berzerker/champion because those two take down the basic enemies in one hit. You could not just move the stick in a circle and kill everything. I can't help but to wonder if this turned a lot of people off from the demo because it was too easy and didn't require some of the strategy the commando took. I assume later in the game the melee centric classes have to face off with a lot more powerful enemies, which would be great.

One thing that changed big time was the need for air combos just to get you out of a big mob that would quickly form around you since you weren't dropping the enemies fast enough. Power attacks also came into play in a big way. Can't wait to see how the higher difficulty levels turn out in this game, should be pretty fun based on my experience last night.

Also noticed the grenade launcher on a rifle makes troll fights almost too easy if you know what you are doing.

Soroc

I'm not sure if this question has been fielded yet but hopefully Denis can chime in if no one else knows. Is it possible to change the controls in the game? I'd really like to move the jump button to one of the shoulder buttons instead. Thanks!

Anyone else here planning on using Gamefly to get the game? I've never tried to get a new release before through GF and what I did was make Too Human the only game on my queue and sent back my old game on Thursday, think my plan will work?

Spruchy

funkmastergeneral said:
Anyone else here planning on using Gamefly to get the game? I've never tried to get a new release before through GF and what I did was make Too Human the only game on my queue and sent back my old game on Thursday, think my plan will work?

Heh im trying the same thing. If it doesn't work I guess ill go to blockbuster.

Stantron

Soroc said:
I'm not sure if this question has been fielded yet but hopefully Denis can chime in if no one else knows. Is it possible to change the controls in the game? I'd really like to move the jump button to one of the shoulder buttons instead. Thanks!
Same here, I actually think both jump and roll fit better on the bumper buttons. I asked the question a few pages back, but no response yet. I have a bad feeling the button layout won't be customizable.

Stantron

Xenon said:
So I recorded myself playing through the game as a commando trying to avoid using the melee weapons. Not my best effort but I was able to get through the game hardly touched. After trying to use some shit pack in video software to edit out all the non-action oriented parts. I found out that I could not get the sound over from original movie file. I gave up and decided to use music instead. =P Oh and there was also a problem with my ffdshow and I could only make new mpgs. So I am just posting the first part. Sorry for the horrible editing.

switch to hi quality
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G119j9tqubA
Nice. I saw Zombie in the title, and was expecting White Zombie's More Human Than Human, but the one you chose is also fitting. :D

Witchfinder General said:
Anyone going to start Too Human-ing their avatars?

I was thinking perhaps adding Baldur's glowing blue scars as the constant theme.

that's a sick idea, i like what you said better than my idea of taking a pic of my toon.

FrankT

RBH said:
Too Human is selling for $49 at Toys R Us:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3245205&siteID=FKSJxY2VJAk-q26oU6JjC1AjYfGiQbTIAg

Coupled together with the "Buy One Get One 50%" offer on all Xbox 360 games at Toys R Us, you could potentially get Too Human for around $25.

Err, if I had a Toys R Us closer I would hit up some of this deal action. Is that deal officially running through next week as well? Heck the $10 off is worth it alone if it was closer.

Although if I dropped my pre-order with GS I'm not sure if I would actually get it on Tuesday. With GS there is still a pretty good chance I will. I know CC and BB will most likely be Wednesday, but I'm not sure how TRU normally handles ship dates.

RBH

Jtyettis said:
Err, if I had a Toys R Us closer I would hit up some of this deal action. Is that deal officially running through next week as well? Heck the $10 off is worth it alone if it was closer.
The deal lasts until August 23rd.

Eric WK

Just watched the 1UP Show segment from last month again, and it seriously sent my hype through the roof. I can't wait for Wednesday.

informer07

Neo Member
funkmastergeneral said:

I did this for Madden 09 and it worked; they even shipped it on Monday--received it on Wednesday.

Evonus said:
I would, but well

13yp7rk.jpg

does that say dood?

FrankT

wayward archer said:
It says "jood" which is dutch for Jew. That's called a yellow badge and has, shall we say, a very unfortunate history of being used in Europe.

Ah yes, been awhile since i've heard the term, tsk, tsk.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
BenjaminBirdie said:
You've never heard someone use the phrase "Jewed"? It's like "Gypped" but even more ethnically derogatory.
I thought he was just reffering to the Too human hate on this thread. Having a too human avatar would just draw hate to you and single you out from the other gaffers like the way that Jews were forced to wear the star of david.

I could be all wrong, but I dont think it was intended to be mean.
Maybe tasteless...

Staccat0 said:
I thought he was just reffering to the Too human hate on this thread. Having a too human avatar would just draw hate to you and single you out from the other gaffers like the way that Jews were forced to wear the star of david.

Maybe tasteless...

Ah, I see.

Staccat0 said:

Maybe tasteless...

It's dutch and it does say "Jood" which means jew... it's Roman alphabet characters they just used a font that looks like hebrew. If you look up yellow badge on google images you can find the german version which very clearly says "Jude" in the same font.

Edit: ahh I see you edited your post.

wayward archer said:
Last night I played the demo as the commando, except I meleed most of my way through and noticed combat was a lot more difficult because the basic enemies took multiple hits to take down. It was actually more fun than playing with the berzerker/champion because those two take down the basic enemies in one hit. You could not just move the stick in a circle and kill everything. I can't help but to wonder if this turned a lot of people off from the demo because it was too easy and didn't require some of the strategy the commando took. I assume later in the game the melee centric classes have to face off with a lot more powerful enemies, which would be great.

One thing that changed big time was the need for air combos just to get you out of a big mob that would quickly form around you since you weren't dropping the enemies fast enough. Power attacks also came into play in a big way. Can't wait to see how the higher difficulty levels turn out in this game, should be pretty fun based on my experience last night.

Also noticed the grenade launcher on a rifle makes troll fights almost too easy if you know what you are doing.

I personally feel the differences in the classes are staggering at the higher levels. It plays like an entirely different game with different classes at higher levels and the game itself looks like an insane battlefield when you approach 50. The demo could not show these things but when I first saw "defender reverse polarity" build or "commando plasma pistol" build it became clear gamers are going to have some significant variety and depth in replay with in Too Human. :)

Btw: as you get higher lvl trolls are never too easy :) though the command is best for taking them out. Berserker is probably the worst. Everyone at SK has come to fear elite trolls :).

ravien56

Staccat0 said:

Maybe tasteless...

man you think the TH hate is that strong?>_<

Somnia

Denis Dyack said:
I personally feel the differences in the classes are staggering at the higher levels. It plays like an entirely different game with different classes at higher levels and the game itself looks like an insane battlefield when you approach 50. The demo could not show these things but when I first saw "defender reverse polarity" build or "commando plasma pistol" build it became clear gamers are going to have some significant variety and depth in replay with in Too Human. :)

Btw: as you get higher lvl trolls are never too easy :) though the command is best for taking them out. Berserker is probably the worst. Everyone at SK has come to fear elite trolls :).

These kind of comments have my so hyped up on this game. It's one of those games I know will keep me playing for a damn long time...btw Denis any ideas on DLC to keep the game going between sequels?

Denis Dyack said:

This is good to hear. Really good to hear. :D

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
RBH said:
Too Human is selling for $49 at Toys R Us:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3245205&siteID=FKSJxY2VJAk-q26oU6JjC1AjYfGiQbTIAg

Coupled together with the "Buy One Get One 50%" offer on all Xbox 360 games at Toys R Us, you could potentially get Too Human for around $25.

Hey that's pretty sweet, nice find there.

Denis Dyack said:

So if you've got a lv20 character and your buddy is just starting at lv1, it'll probably just be easier to start a new character to co-op together, right?

Eric WK

Danthrax said:
So if you've got a lv20 character and your buddy is just starting at lv1, it'll probably just be easier to start a new character to co-op together, right?

Experience scales so that the lower level character will begin to catch up. At some point the lower level character would just become a distraction but within 15-20 levels, it should be fine, afaik.

Snowden

Banned
Staccat0 said:
I thought he was just reffering to the Too human hate on this thread. Having a too human avatar would just draw hate to you and single you out from the other gaffers like the way that Jews were forced to wear the star of david
Maybe tasteless...
Ding ding.

I think its as tasteless as the bullshit that happens in regards to Too Human/Dyack in other threads. I mean, comics that show Denis committing suicide, really? Didn't mean to offend anyone. That really was the first parallel that came to mind when thinking about actually repping Too Human in your avatar.

Personally, I'd rather not deal with fending off flack for liking the game.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Evonus said:
Ding ding.

I think its as tasteless as the bullshit that happens in regards to Too Human/Dyack in other threads. I mean, comics that show Denis committing suicide, really? Didn't mean to offend anyone. That really was the first parallel that came to mind when thinking about actually repping Too Human in your avatar.

Personally, I'd rather not deal with fending off flack for liking the game.

Well that's fine, but comparing GAF's TH hate outside this thread to the Holocaust is not a good place for a discussion to go. So let's move on and never discuss it again. If people want to talk about Too Humanizing their avatars in this thread, they can.

Well, folks the bills are creeping up and ol' Too Human was touch and go but, look at old Gamestop coming in at the clutch:

180x180_Tiered.jpg

And me with five games to ditch.

:D

Somnia

I was suppose to open Weds and be off Thursday for full day of playing, but now I open thursday also...NOOOOOOO =(

Somnia said:
I was suppose to open Weds and be off Thursday for full day of playing, but now I open thursday also...NOOOOOOO =(

i requested off both wed & thur :p

call in sick, dude. or do you have a real job?

(i'm a deli clerk :-\)

Danthrax said:

We balanced the game so you good about 15 lvls apart, the lower character will slowly catch up. At 20 lvls it is possible but the lower player has to be very good and concentrate on staying alive.

Somnia

xS1TH L0RDx said:
i requested off both wed & thur :p

call in sick, dude. or do you have a real job?

(i'm a deli clerk :-\)

No I run a GameStop...it'd be obvious what I was calling in for :lol

border

BenjaminBirdie said:
You've never heard someone use the phrase "Jewed"? It's like "Gypped" but even more ethnically derogatory.
I'd say it's equally ethnically derogatory, if you are a gypsy. :)

HiredMan

I've just put in my leave for the 28th and 29th (in Australia y'see) so I'll have a joyous 4 day weekend of hack and loot!

Top Bottom