• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami [Apr14] Pray while you shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've conquered the second game in my game rotation backlog, Layton 3. Gonna start Layton 4 in a few minutes which will be my new Thursday game.

Meanwhile I'm starting to build an impressive Wii U backlog...including adding more portable games to that platform. Sigh. I kinda wish I was a poor ignorant kid again who got 1 or 2 games a year at most instead of 1 to 2 games a week.

Tales of the Abyss Wednesday went pretty well. I beat another two dungeons so I only have about 50 left because I started 15 hours in.

I also officially added Sunday's to the rotation. Sunday will be EO Untold, Rune Factory 4, Project X Zone. This is also where Unlimited World Red will likely find a home at. Friday is going to switch from purely MH Tridays to VC games and MH Tri, depending on what my friends are doing.

RE:Revelations also went well. Seem to be reaching an endpoint here with the weapons available and how the plot is going. What a great game. Sticker Star meanwhile is just a long ass game though I'm really into it.

I've had awful luck playing Pokémon Y on Saturdays though. It's been my errand day and by the time I'm done catching up on my Z's, shopping, cleaning, cooking and dicking around it's already 10 o'clock and Boondocks is almost on.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
MH3U
p0QHO.gif

We should play Man God.

daveo42

Banned
Tales of the Abyss was decent, but I didn't stick around for all the extra content. By the time I did clear the story, I was ready to put it down.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
We could!

My only issues are that I suck and I am kinda sorta playing through the game with a very OCD friend who likes to master every battle and collect as much armor and weapons as possible and since we only play once a week I'm still only on the tail end of HR 2. It's fun as hell though.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
We could!

My only issues are that I suck and I am kinda sorta playing through the game with a very OCD friend who likes to master every battle and collect as much armor and weapons as possible and since we only play once a week I'm still only on the tail end of HR 2. It's fun as hell though.

I think I'm like HR4, haha. Spent more time in SP due to also having the 3DS version. I'm probably rusty right now too. Would love you help you power through 2 and 3 so I can get back on my game.

Live-Action Anime Films should be the new trend.

Can't wait to see lazybones18 direct the new Sword Art Online film!

TTTRRRRRAAAVIIIIISSSSS!!!!

Hollywood should stay far away from Anime, unless James Cameron is serious about adapting Battle Angel Alita

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I've conquered the second game in my game rotation backlog, Layton 3. Gonna start Layton 4 in a few minutes which will be my new Thursday game.

Meanwhile I'm starting to build an impressive Wii U backlog...including adding more portable games to that platform. Sigh. I kinda wish I was a poor ignorant kid again who got 1 or 2 games a year at most instead of 1 to 2 games a week.

Tales of the Abyss Wednesday went pretty well. I beat another two dungeons so I only have about 50 left because I started 15 hours in.

I also officially added Sunday's to the rotation. Sunday will be EO Untold, Rune Factory 4, Project X Zone. This is also where Unlimited World Red will likely find a home at. Friday is going to switch from purely MH Tridays to VC games and MH Tri, depending on what my friends are doing.

RE:Revelations also went well. Seem to be reaching an endpoint here with the weapons available and how the plot is going. What a great game. Sticker Star meanwhile is just a long ass game though I'm really into it.

I've had awful luck playing Pokémon Y on Saturdays though. It's been my errand day and by the time I'm done catching up on my Z's, shopping, cleaning, cooking and dicking around it's already 10 o'clock and Boondocks is almost on.

Now that the GBA library is coming to wiiU I can play these games that I didnt get to a decade ago cause my mom said hell no to getting me a GBA

Is it wrong that I'm looking forward to Black Lagoon more than anything else this week?

Super LTTP on this one, but no problem in that at all. Infact, I've been struggling to not just marathon the whole damn thing. I have the first two seasons on blu-ray on my shelf and just never got around to watching it. Now that I've seen it though, I'm hooked and the temptation to just watch it all is immense.

Re: Man-god, you should jump on the 52 games in 1 year thread if you haven't already (I don't really examine other people's lists). I'm about 11 or 12 games in so far this year. Working on Ys: Memories of Celceta on the vita currently. I only get about an hour or so total on the train back and forth every day to play it.

Main thread

Link to my current status

Also, last but certainly not least, JoJo today! :D

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Tried getting into MH3U, just couldn't. I don't think I can get into games that feel more focused on multiplayer considering how I was raised on single player. I don't mind multiplayer every now & then, but I just don't think I can dedicate the time working my way up the ranks.

Also yaaaaaay Jojo Part 3 today!

Tried getting into MH3U, just couldn't. I don't think I can get into games that feel more focused on multiplayer considering how I was raised on single player. I don't mind multiplayer every now & then, but I just don't think I can dedicate the time working my way up the ranks.

Single player was fun until I tried the online multiplayer, I ended up being like HR4 or 5 online and still haven't beaten Lagi in singleplayer lol

bigkrev

I'm not sure I've seen any.

Last superhero movie I saw was The Dark Knight.

You two need to go on more movie dates together or something. I probably go to the movies 20 times a year because I love films. I'm lucky enough to have a place that plays arthouse movies 2 miles from my house, and a reserved seat theater with reclining seats a few more miles away.

I tried Monster Hunter back on PSP. I tried the demo(?) on 3DS as well. I don't get the appeal of the game- it seems to just be the bad parts of MMOs without the good parts (Ie, the "MM" part).

You two need to go on more movie dates together or something. I probably go to the movies 20 times a year because I love films. I'm lucky enough to have a place that plays arthouse movies 2 miles from my house, and a reserved seat theater with reclining seats a few more miles away.

I'd probably go to more films if I lived closer to the Alamo drafthouse in Virginia. As it is, my choices of theatres are essentially one or two nearby that have a generally terrible crowd (noisy teenagers, cell phone jerks, etc) and taking the 45 minute drive to the Arundel Mills Egyptian in Hanover which I love to death but is murder on my gas tank. I love going to movies though, especially for special effects heavy spectaculars like Speed Racer.

I do make a point to make it over to the egyptian for all Lord of the Rings or Hobbit films. I've seen every single one there so far over the course of the past 13-ish years. It's a tradition at this point. I had my first date there to see Fellowship XD

bigkrev

I'd probably go to more films if I lived closer to the Alamo drafthouse in Virginia. As it is, my choices of theatres are essentially one or two nearby that have a generally terrible crowd (noisy teenagers, cell phone jerks, etc) and taking the 45 minute drive to the Arundel Mills Egyptian in Hanover which I love to death but is murder on my gas tank. I love going to movies though, especially for special effects heavy spectaculars like Speed Racer.

I do make a point to make it over to the egyptian for all Lord of the Rings or Hobbit films. I've seen every single one there so far over the course of the past 13-ish years. It's a tradition at this point. I had my first date there to see Fellowship XD

If your going between Virginia and MD, you might as well check out DC theaters. The IMAX theaters at the Smithsonian are bitchin, and the Regal theater thats right at the Gallery/Chinatown metro stop is expensive but really nice and clean considering the city

If your going between Virginia and MD, you might as well check out DC theaters. The IMAX theaters at the Smithsonian are bitchin, and the Regal theater thats right at the Gallery/Chinatown metro stop is expensive but really nice and clean considering the city

I work right near Chinatown and have been to the Regal (I get off at Metro Center). It's nice but as you said, it's pricey. I don't think I've ever been to the smithsonian IMAX theatres. I'll have to check it out.

Levyne

Banned
I haven't been to a movie theater in a long time..I'm trying to think...

I remember Fandango-ing tickets for something maybe 5 years ago but I can't remember what it was.

daveo42

Banned
It helps having friends that also love going to the movies. My current roommate goes to the movies about 3 times a week and we have two local theaters in the area that show a some more art-type films that can be good.

Going to the movies can be a bit expensive and holding off to see films at home is a pretty solid strategy (if you do) but I like seeing a lot of the big blockbuster style films in theaters just for the grandeur and spectacle that I can't get at home. It can also be the opportunity to actually see a film in theaters. A few years back I was able to see Casablanca and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade in theaters and it was quite the experience.

bigkrev

I work right near Chinatown and have been to the Regal (I get off at Metro Center). It's nice but as you said, it's pricey. I don't think I've ever been to the smithsonian IMAX theatres. I'll have to check it out.

Well, welcome to DC, lol. Bag taxes and 10% sales tax for all!

If I was still in the area, i'd probably go to the Smithsonian theater every week. Plus, you have an excuse to go look at the Spirit of Saint Louis and the Original Enterprise model!

It helps having friends that also love going to the movies. My current roommate goes to the movies about 3 times a week and we have two local theaters in the area that show a some more art-type films that can be good.

Going to the movies can be a bit expensive and holding off to see films at home is a pretty solid strategy (if you do) but I like seeing a lot of the big blockbuster style films in theaters just for the grandeur and spectacle that I can't get at home. It can also be the opportunity to actually see a film in theaters. A few years back I was able to see Casablanca and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade in theaters and it was quite the experience.

Bingo.

To go to the movies, it is going to be a defacto two-ticket affair (one for myself and my special lady naturally). I also will only go to ones we both have an interest in. Luckily, our interests mesh extremely well and we usually agree but sometimes there is something that I want to see that she may or may not have any particular interest in and I have to sell it (see: The Grand Budapest Hotel).

Well, welcome to DC, lol. Bag taxes and 10% sales tax for all!

If I was still in the area, i'd probably go to the Smithsonian theater every week. Plus, you have an excuse to go look at the Spirit of Saint Louis and the Original Enterprise model!

Uggh, we have bag taxes in Montgomery County MD as well. It always surprises me and throws me off when I go elsewhere in the state and they give me a bag for free. It's like "I don't owe you a nickel? I DONT HAVE CHANGE WAIT!!!"

bigkrev

The funny thing is, I always found movies to be a bad idea for dates. The whole point is to be quiet and not look at each other for 2 hours!

daveo42

Banned
Bingo.

To go to the movies, it is going to be a defacto two-ticket affair (one for myself and my special lady naturally). I also will only go to ones we both have an interest in. Luckily, our interests mesh extremely well and we usually agree but sometimes there is something that I want to see that she may or may not have any particular interest in and I have to sell it (see: The Grand Budapest Hotel).

Uggh, we have bag taxes in Montgomery County MD as well. It always surprises me and throws me off when I go elsewhere in the state and they give me a bag for free. It's like "I don't owe you a nickel? I DONT HAVE CHANGE WAIT!!!"

Gah, I still need to go and see the Grand Budapest Hotel. I've heard it's fantastic. It's also Wes Anderson, but who in America doesn't like his movies?

The funny thing is, I always found movies to be a bad idea for dates. The whole point is to be quiet and not look at each other for 2 hours!

I think they are bad for the first few dates when you really want to start getting to know the person. It doesn't help promote any kind of conversation outside of maybe some post-movie discussion. Dates with your SO to the movies are fine if you've been with them for some time.

bigkrev

A Dollar hamburger from McDonalds will run you 1.15 after various taxes.

Somewhere along the line, this country got fucked up

How does one port beg a ps2 classic thats already has a remake on psv? are they port begging for ps4? which is like i'm sure ps4 will have digital and local ps2 playback eventually, no need to get yourself banned over it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Quick Crunchyroll question. I'm a free member, but never once went the paid route. If I get a free 30 day trial, will it still work for me? & is it one of those "you get one trial code & that's it per account" deals? Considering Jojo airs on Fridays at a time that works out great for me, maybe I'll use the trial that you get for downloading the Vita app.

bigkrev

Quick Crunchyroll question. I'm a free member, but never once went the paid route. If I get a free 30 day trial, will it still work for me? & is it one of those "you get one trial code & that's it per account" deals? Considering Jojo airs on Fridays at a time that works out great for me, maybe I'll use the trial that you get for downloading the Vita app.

I dunno, but I just PM'd you a 48 hour guest pass

daveo42

Banned
How does one port beg a ps2 classic thats already has a remake on psv? are they port begging for ps4? which is like i'm sure ps4 will have digital and local ps2 playback eventually, no need to get yourself banned over it.

A lot of the port begging is around getting other Persona games release on PSN. Like Nocturne and Digital Devil Saga.

Edit: And a lot of getting Golden on PS3/4 instead of getting Vanilla 4.

bigkrev

Most people are port begging for P4G to PS3 instead of this

Really, the entire thread is a port begging of different kinds, and i'm shocked its been left alone by mods so far

daveo42

Banned
Tbh, I was expecting a few more graveyards this week that didn't really go that route. Like that Infamous thread over PS4 RAM allocation.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I dunno, but I just PM'd you a 48 hour guest pass
Awesome, appreciate it. & I'll download the Vita app & see if I can get a trial (after I remember what my username is....& realize I can sign in via e-mail, duh...)

LOLDSFAN

Most people are port begging for P4G to PS3 instead of this

Really, the entire thread is a port begging of different kinds, and i'm shocked its been left alone by mods so far

I'm guessing it's allowed because it's all in the family (Sony)?

If it was like port this to Wii U or port this to the Xbone, then there might be more moderation since fanboy attacks could stem from that.

I don't know... Just a guess.

Should have searched the awesome fanart thread

I can't recall a specific SSGoofy pic otherwise I would have jumped in it. I mean, it's not like we're looking for a religiously troubled teen's depiction of Sonic the hedgehog or something. That would be simple!

I figured and you should be. What I mentioned was the tip of the iceberg and what used to make me laugh whenever I went in there.

The last few months though? I don't know what happened man but it is dangerously skirting the line of NSFW. Some of the fetish pictures that are being posted in there that involve popular cartoon/video game characters are straight up nightmare fuel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom