• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami [Apr14] Pray while you shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Next week on Toonami:

11:30 - Space Dandy - 3 - Occasionally Even the Deceiver Is Deceived, Baby
12:00 - Bleach - 341 - Invading Army Arc, Final Conclusion!
12:30 - Naruto Shippuden - 16 - The Secret of Jinchuriki
1:00 - One Piece - 250 - The End of the Legendary Man! The Day the Sea Train Cried!
1:30 - Blue Exorcist - 9 - Memories
2:00 - Black Lagoon - 5 - Eagle Hunting and Hunting Eagles
2:30 - Naruto - 16 - The Broken Seal
3:00 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 24 - ANNIHILATION
3:30 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 9 - Created Feelings
4:00 - Samurai Jack - 12 - Jack and the Gangsters
4:30 - IGPX - 25 - Hostile Contradiction
5:00 - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 35 - Voyage of Temptation
5:30 - Sym-Bionic Titan - 7 - Showdown at Sherman High

Later.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
zlCfzRyJ6Z0RCQYvTB

zlCfzRyLZEsZmEk0pv
zlCfzRyMCXMDcohUAb

zlCfzRyMyBo1khQdr8
zlCfzRyNDJMpiJreq0

zlCfzRyPF9Q64n-8Bo

zlCfzRyRB0sN9pCa-x

LATER.

Raxus

My summary of SAB's cover art.

tumblr_lqx96xomv51r0vk10o1_500.gif

I fell asleep last night (thanks Bleachbama) so I gotta catch up to EVERYTHING now ;_;

Pretty great night, will catch up on the sbt episodes I've missed and that episode of clone wars later

Fantastic stuff this week Sab , really like the one piece and black lagoon ones

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

So, last night sucked. About 9 PM, internet started to drop in & out. 9:30, we lost power for the entire night & still don't have it back on (at the college library at the moment). So not only did I miss Toonami (need to figure out what episodes of One Piece, Blue Exorcist, and Black Lagoon I need to watch), but I missed the announcement of Attack on Titan premiering next month!??

*sigh* I'll just have to read the posts while watching the shows. Hopefully, my swear/bleep counter for Black Lagoon won't be screwed up.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Goooood morning everyone

Bleach
God damn Kon and his stupid existence stupid grumble grrr.
At least next week is the finale of this long-ass clone arc. The week after that though is a stand-alone filler episode that picks up at the end of the Arrancar and leads into the next canon arc. Blah.

Shippuden
I'm going to show you my all new attack! It's... just a bigger version of my old attack.
*sighs* This is annoying because I know Naruto isn't going to have anything else but variations of the Rasengan. Learn to write Kishimoto.

One Piece
Glad to see everyone hates Spandam. "How much do you hate? It is not enough" (Marble Hornets quote).
Poor Franky and Tom...
And yeah, the Superweapons are an overarching plot in One Piece.

Blue Exorcist
Honestly, Suguro is the best character at this point. He memorized the entire Book of John for the purpose of killing demons, that's badass.

Black Lagoon
A slow episode, but it was backstory driven so it makes sense. Also, NAZIS!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Titan's sudden announcement still has me a bit off-balance; BAM, here's the TV Spot! We announced it just a few hours ago. HA. I love the ridiculously THICK outlines the show uses at times... right up my alley. It'll be good to see the show Dubbed.

--In Sk'Dump News...--

*bow* Thanks guys! Can you tell I started to fall apart on the last big pic? XD Part of me wanted to draw the latter end all in a Genny-inspired style, but I couldn't even make it past Barry fully with that, so it really just fell to pieces, ha. Then a lack of separation between elements, weaker-than-I'd-like Linework, and ... bleh. I dislike it so much I almost want to take another go at it... just... not now.

lazybones18 - You think after giving "Birth" to Sakura, Naruto would have trouble even looking at her for the next few days / weeks / years. Though I think he'd LIKE merging with Sasuke... even if it is emo lipstick fail metalband cover Sasuke.

Rock's a Fan, and the ep was a public Service announcement.

MikeMyers - Thanks! You know, I almost drew Kagome where FemKu ended up being on the "cover"... "SIIIITTTT". As much as I agree US action cartoons have a place on Toonami... I never think about them first.. second... barely even 5th when drawing stuff, ha.

Levyne - I'm glad that can even happen, ha. The Titlecards often seem to kinda get passed over, but now without dandy Megapics, it's time to have some fun... Until ATTACK ON TITAN Megapics? Hmmm... I'm... not sure how I'm handling "SnK", Bane of NeoGeo Fans on tumblr...

Schadenfreude - Gave NO Rocks, heh. I'm sure if we had Dandy in the same situation, he wouldn't shut up about it...

foxuzamaki - Gotta do something with all those Color Tricks DandyMega's made me play around with, ha. Thanks! Always happy when I can do something notworthy with coloring.

Raxus - Definitely on the approved list of responses, ha. Had to make up for somehow ignoring WAAAIIIITTT entirely for the sake of drawing Kamiki in her UNDERW- (~_~) I think Japan's rubbing off on me...

Shard - I'll just take this, whether it's pointed at me or not! ;-) Ha.

Gucci Messiah - Powernaps are a vital tool for the 6 and a Half hour Challenge! I've been weary of unusually large amounts of unnatural energy since I binged on multi Redbulls and Gatorade's in order to try and stay away for 3D Animation Classes... felt REALLY bad though-out that entire day...

Zonic505 - Wow... hope today goes better for you! It has to, as a law of Equivalent Exchange, or something like that.

Hehateme - Aku loves Shapeshifting, I really need to take advantage of that more, ha. Tom is so huge, I'm glad some MOEEEE got across, haha. Shippuden took longer than I wanted it too, so good it's appreciated! And I still probably needed to improve it's readability, ha. The buttshot was required by law, and I have to obey the law, right? I'll draw more Buttshots for the sake of Toonami than I ever have or will, I tells ya.

BatDan - Kon was born to make Nemu's clone body Dance Smexy and Paffu-Paffu herself at least once. Now, his mission complete, he can die a fulfilled puppet existence.

Really, I'm gonna kinda miss the weekly Evil Cam Clarke half-hour...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Zonic505 - Wow... hope today goes better for you! It has to, as a law of Equivalent Exchange, or something like that.
Thanks. I think Equivalent Exchange already happened yesterday as I was able to have most of the day to myself getting chores & college stuff done & then making sure I stayed ranked #1 for a Strider leaderboard contest, so the day was overall good until the power went out. I'm just glad we were prepared this time & had a backup generator to plug the water pump in since it overfills and causes a mini-flood in the basement if it's not running.

We're suppose to get another storm tonight, so hopefully won't be as bad.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
One Piece - Spandam is the best.
Black Lagoon - Nazis!
Space Dandy - Alakazam Ramen pops and a dig at smart phone culture? Sign me up.
GITS:SAC - Major Spoilers.
Naruto - I love me some Zabusa and Haku
Blue Exorcist - This one keeps on with the funny.
IGPX - The end of this show is really quite well done.
Samurai Jack - Fuck your hat, fuck your pipes, this bridge, that village, these magic swords.
Star Wars: Clone Wars - "Revan was 300 meters tall and ate our war droids for breakfast"
FMA:Barryhood -
Naruto: Shippuden - Flashbacks of J-man every five minutes > Action > Repeating the same animation.
Symbionic Titan - Not my favorite episode, but a memorable one.
Bleach - Actually pretty good for once, well, for Bleach.

Really enjoyed last night but I was feeling it during Star Wars. Had a half dream/half waking visual illusion while watching SBT which is why I didn't post much. Turning off the light early was a mistake in retrospect.

Those sketch dumps are legit.

Seda

I think I said before once or twice that a good "plot twist" should:

1.) Not be totally predictable
2.) Should explain/detail events that happen before the twist.

Or in other words, they shouldn't just be totally targetless curveballs for the sake of a 'twist'. You want to catch people by surprise, but it should make sense regarding the narrative as a whole, especially how the twist was approached.

I felt the GitS 'twist" yesterday, while not a series changing event, fit these pretty well. As the conversation between LM and Serano continued, I was getting a little confused why it was going into so much detail about their prior meeting and other useful pieces of information. It was starting to feel too convenient for the viewers for a moment, and almost seemed like lazy storytelling (here's a bunch of helpful information that we are for some reason discussing now!) . But as soon as the ending of the episode rolled around, the reasoning behind 'LM's' actions and the whole episode make a lot more sense.

Well done.

Gonna go to outback alone for lunch today, I'm actually really excited

I know the Outback where I used to live didn't open for lunch.

ckohler

SAB, I look forward to and enjoy your sketch dumps every week so I hope you don't mind some criticism.

I'm not a fan of the collages and larger formats. I prefer it when you just do one small black and white box for each show. Less is more and those always look more polished to me. The limited space forces your creativity and the one color both looks cooler and cleaner than the crayon looking large color boxes. Also, Having them all black and white makes them look like they all belong as a set.

Seda

The last GitS episodes are pretty fantastic IIRC.

I will make it a point to stay up and watch them with you Seda.

Haha, right now, I think Bass and I are totally on board with the show as first-time watchers. Gucci you need to catch up! Only 3 more episodes for this season.

-

Also, now that Attack on Titan is starting in a few weeks, (feels weird that this is less than a month away) I wonder what Toonami will announce at their Momocon panel. Maybe not as many announcements as last year considering yesterday's news and they've already repackaged the look again. I expect details of the next movie night and maaaybe an early announcement for a Fall show?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom