• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami [Apr14] Pray while you shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Hmm, sooo...

Shumacher jokes, redrawing scenes in Batman TAS style, MSTFeudalEra with Lord Sesshy'Maru and Rin, Drawing MORE AoTitan because WHY NOT, and the occasional Adam WEEEE....st jokes. Yeah, there's no reason to actually Draw this particular Batman.

Sorry for the double post but I can't keep thinking about how bad Shippuden is. The novelty of seeing Naruto and crew grown up has worn thin; methodical pacing and a plot I don't care about (at this point) are killing this show for me. Part 1 is a masterpiece compared to what we've been subjected to, the gap in quality is actually quite astonishing.

This arc needs to be over. I want to see ninja's doing ninja stuff with the occassional oddball episode thrown in for variety.

BBboy20

That was a little safe but it worked well.
I liked the pose and expression of that specific moment.

Advertising the pc version
That's actually pretty cool, often most just pretend it doesn't exist.

Well he kind of screwed that up during the Soul Society arc. I think he had a good idea, but the amount of people he introduced wasn't really need to cover the story he wanted to tell. There were a lot of good characters introduced, but so many that it bogged down almost all the characters outside of Aizen or Ichigo. The Arrancar arc had even more awesome characters thrown in, exacerbating his issue.

He's got some really good ideas and arcs, but Kubo always seems to get too bogged down in being overly stylish with zero substance and introducing tons of awesome characters that get lost in the shuffle of the story he's trying to tell.
Actually, why did it turn into DBZ with swords? We could have had the Ghostbusters of anime.

Spandam deserves a stunner, a tombstone piledriver, and a 3D over a burning table all at once
Somebody recreate that in a WWE game!

Revy in a wet suit. Mother of God.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jYj7T9eEQ4U

Revvy is probably the hottest grave robber...
I would mind her Raiding my Tomb. :D

Out...

post-30695-Jaimie-Alexander-drinks-Jim-Be-35Kj.gif

of thirst???
URL says Jaimie Alexander...I like this...

I've realized watching is is like witnessing myself enter puberty; those were the days.

Well, Bleach showcased a budget that seemed like it was more drawn by Bones (also Liquid Snake's last attack looked like it came straight out of Brotherhood [
Bradley's final attack
]). Seriously, what has Cam Clark been doing lately?

So these baddies now can copy their powers into others? Seems like more OP asspulls. And why don't they move? And what was up with the dramatic wind moment? And why was that Sand council worried about Gaara going ballistic when Old Granny figured out what was going on that he was going to die? Also, they seem to fail to realize that their Sand army just fucking sucks.

I'm surprised Tom didn't just kill the Spenda dude with that spear, would have saved a lot of headaches for anybody in the future who would have dealt with him. Also, are citizens in this world always jerks and always giving the World Government the benefit of the doubt? If that's the case, no wonder plenty end up being pirates.

Anybody else thinking they used rotoscoping for tonight's Blue Exorcist? Plenty of the walking animations seemed a bit realistic.

I'm glad you all are still highly entertained with Black Lagoon; good, good. You guys really can't wait for next week's episode. B)

Man, Jack really would fit right into a mob world. He needs to fight in that style more often.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Watched One Piece last night after Black Lagoon (thank goodness for DVR). Spandumbass getting punched not once, but twice was OOHHHH so satisfying. I cannot wait for him to get a beating again in the present.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Goooood morning everyone. I feel better now. Hopefully no more unmarked spoilers.

[spoilers]Snape Kills Dumbledore[/spoilers]

Bleach
It's over! It's finally fucking over! Just one more filler episode, and then the final anime arc! We're so close!

Shippuden
Politics...... zzzzzzzzzzzz
By the way, I looked up this episode and apparently this was a victim of 1:1 pacing. Explains a lot.

One Piece
Right in the heart! Tom went out with Gusto!

Blue Exorcist
This vanilla ice cream is so vanilla. It needs sprinkles and gummi bears. Or I could just toss the vanilla and get some chocolate.

Black Lagoon
Great character moments from Revy, explaining how she operates and not to fuck with her.

daveo42

Banned
It's way too early to be up...and I woke up like 2hrs ago...

Bleach and Naruto - I have no clue what actually happened in either episode but I'm 100% sure nothing of importance did. At least Bleach is out of filler (after next week). Naruto needs a shot of adrenaline to get things moving.

One Piece - Sad backstory is sad, but Oda does a good job in portraying how evil the world government really is and why you should hate them and Spandam. Payback will be a bitch to this man and we will all suckle on that sweet justice.

Blue Exorcist - This show struggles to hold my attention right now with it's very weak pacing and characterization. There are glints of something more, but it's held back by the blandness of the story and characters. I'm hoping things get better.

Black Lagoon - Revy is not to be messed with and if you're gonna shoulder the burden of her past, you better be fucking ready. Rock isn't quite there yet.

Edit: If you haven't yet, you should stop what you are doing and go watch JoJo. You are doing yourself a disservice if you don't heed my words.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Woke up two hours ago, went to breakfast. Get to visit some family and then come home to Bleach, Inuyasha, Blue Exorcist, Space Dandy, and sleep. Oh and I can't forget Naruto.

Anyone know the number of the Bleach Beach episode? I need it...for science.

Yep taking that little 3 hour nap was the major difference between me feeling tired after the block and me being full of energy. Woke up before both the alarms I set which is a weird skill I developed in high school lol, heck I woke up exactly 1 minute before each :X

A four hour nap and coffee couldn't get me to Jack

Thats your problem

Get a 5 hour energy extra strength, I always pop one at One Piece and even on a day I worked with no nap it normally gets me to igpx before I start to even remotely feel tired, then igpx goes all igpzzzzzz and kills me. Thank god its leaving and the back of the line up is getting pushed down, will be way easier to stay awake now. Even if Jack and Clone Wars can sometime be slow they're both new for me and infinitely more enjoyable then igpx ever was.

Sbt is probably the hardest thing for me to get through if only because sometimes it drags on the high school drama which is a shame as the action is top notch

BatDan

Woke up two hours ago, went to breakfast. Get to visit some family and then come home to Bleach, Inuyasha, Blue Exorcist, Space Dandy, and sleep. Oh and I can't forget Naruto.

Anyone know the number of the Bleach Beach episode? I need it...for science.

*searches*
Ah, 228.
For science.

zlCfzR0i0aMrV-0Kxi

zlCfzR0ke-wmz4sRTU
zlCfzR0lkkYwnxV5lC

zlCfzR0mKB8W7hfydq
zlCfzR0nKi0s2boH5-

zlCfzR0nf5cKpk29Pz
zlCfzR0oVN02ayP8N8

zlCfzR0o6-45sfT8EG
zlCfzR0pHtkvjrirTe

zlCfzR0pbSkqfSeta-
zlCfzR0prtMiMkn4HS

zlCfzR0p4SU25JMx-7
zlCfzR0qAIg5eYXlGU

LATER.

This took way too long, I'm never doing an attempt at pure pixel dump again, lol
Didn't expect the pixel art, but it looks great. Especially Gaara, Jack, Revy, and Dutch art.
Togusa one is the best because he looks like he's getting arrested by low five Ghost from Regular Show. XF

Once again, Tom getting hit with tranqs was NOT a 4Kids edit, or an edit at all.
It was like that in the original manga.

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Chapter_357

Why would it even be a 4Kids edit? They lost the rights LONG before this.

To be fair there are some edits from the manga to the anime to make things a bit less violent, this happened more during East Blue saga IIRC Honestly as someone who's watched the sub, read the manga, and watched the dub I honestly forgot if that was an anime edit or in the original manga (I knew it wasn't a dub censor)

bigkrev

Bleach

It didn't make me fall asleep or give me cancer

Naruto Shippuden

SKIPPED. I'm not strong enough to make it through this

One Piece

Napped

Blue Exorcist

This is starting to feel like a chinese knockoff anime. Nothing original, nothing bad, but nothing good or memorable

Black Lagoon

Fuck Nazi

BatDan

To be fair there are some edits from the manga to the anime to make things a bit less violent, this happened more during East Blue saga IIRC Honestly as someone who's watched the sub, read the manga, and watched the dub I honestly forgot if that was an anime edit or in the original manga (I knew it wasn't a dub censor)

True, there are changes made by Toei.
Like Zeff's leg.
In the manga, he ate it to survive on the island. In the anime, it got trapped so he cut it off to save Sanji.
Then there's Luffy getting hit with one of Jango's chakrams.
In the manga, it hit him in the back of the head (and he somehow survived it). In the anime, he caught it in his mouth.
At one point early on, Coby gets shot trying to untie Zoro. This was removed in the anime.

Later arc spoilers
One that really stood out is in Thriller Bark when Absalom stabbed Sanji in the back. Apparently, the scene was going to play out as normal, but when the episode was about to air, a crazed man stabbed a bunch of people in Akihabara so they quickly edited it out. Good news is that they restored it on the DVD, so when Funimation gets to it, it will be the DVD version.

Oh, and it's not just violence edits.
According to "One Piece RAINBOW", Sanji is 20 in the anime, as opposed to 19 in the manga. Apparently, Japanese standards don't allow anyone under the age of 20 to smoke on TV.

daveo42

Banned

Edit: BatDan's got all the edits. Surprised at the number myself.

BatDan

Edit: BatDan's got all the edits. Surprised at the number myself.

This isn't even all of them, just a few off the top of my head.

Oh! Another one I remembered. In the Baratie arc, when Sanji is about to go cook food for Don Krieg and his crew, the rest of the chefs stop him. In the manga, they point guns at him. In the anime, it's giant utensils. Definitely one of the stranger edits Toei made.

So I had two dreams last night in my daze of the few hours between sleeping after Toonami and waking up at 11ish, the later is Smash Bros based and I posted that over there but the former is Toonami related (my mind is completely focused on both of those right now lol)

The Toonami dream was about Space Dandy S2, which was currently airing, the newest episode of Dandy was airing and for whatever reason there was no preview for this episode in the US or Japan, just a tease that "this was an episode that they didn't want to spoil anything of". Well in the episode Dandy and co use the warp drive for reasons and end up getting flung though time. When they leave the warp they crash into another ship, the Bebop. Yep the episode ends up being a cross over between Space Dandy and Cowboy Bebop. From that point on I don't remember anything about the episode only Toonami GAF freaking the fuck out and GMN screaming like a mad men saying "I THOUGHT I WAS FREE OF THIS".

And that's it lol hope you enjoyed

Seda

GitS was the best episode last night. Shippuden the worst.

I was actually kind of downcast as Section Nine had to disband :(

MikeMyers

Sorry for the double post but I can't keep thinking about how bad Shippuden is. The novelty of seeing Naruto and crew grown up has worn thin; methodical pacing and a plot I don't care about (at this point) are killing this show for me. Part 1 is a masterpiece compared to what we've been subjected to, the gap in quality is actually quite astonishing.

This arc needs to be over. I want to see ninja's doing ninja stuff with the occassional oddball episode thrown in for variety.

Could try reading the manga, much better pacing.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Didn't expect the pixel art, but it looks great. Especially Gaara, Jack, Revy, and Dutch art.
Togusa one is the best because he looks like he's getting arrested by low five Ghost from Regular Show. XF

Gaara was so weird, haha. The only "1:1 pixel" pic I did (Jack don't count, that was just straight drawing, lol), while everything else had 4 + dots per "pixel".

As far as Low-Fives... YEEEEEAHHH IT ISSS~ well, ok, it's not, but it very well could have been! Glad ya like Dutch too, even if it was big and blotchy and in color, I really tried to obey proper pixel ideals even with it.

GitS was the best episode last night. Shippuden the worst.

I was actually kind of downcast as Section Nine had to disband :(

I agree with this, Gits absolutely floored me so good

I did like the tension in this ep, and the whole "Major?.... SURVIVE!" deal set a great tone. Aramaki being put in a position where he's not 100% in control leads to some of the best episodes for the team, as he being uneasy is the perfect notice of SERIOUS STUFF HAPPENING.

Moaradin

Rating time!

One Piece - One Piece flashback. One of the only shonen that actually does it well.

Black Lagoon - Neo Nazis. Nuff said

Blue Exorcist - Nothing offensive but nothing amazing either. We got a pretty neat fight scene at least.

Bleach - Lots of bullshit but at least it had nice animation.

Shippuden - zzz mostly exposition with nothing happening. At least this show will get pretty decent soon.

Too lazy to ranked things better

Great tier

One piece
Black lagoon
Gits
Samuai Jack

Good tier

Blue exorcist
Og Naruto
Fma:b
Clone wars
Sbt

Still enjoyable tier

Space dandy
Bleach
Igpx

Ughhhhhhh tier

Shippuden

Tamanon

Banned
Bleach
Space Dandy
Shippuden

Still need to catch up on Blue Exorcist/Black Lagoon

Really looking forward to the Fullbringer arc. I enjoyed it in the manga, haven't seen it animated yet. One more bridge episode to go.

daveo42

Banned
I forgot how fun the first few episodes of the Buu saga were. I kept cracking up at Gohan trying to fit in at school and keeping his strength hidden, but ends up botching it every time when Videl's around. Poor Gohan can't catch a break.

I forgot how fun the first few episodes of the Buu saga were. I kept cracking up at Gohan trying to fit in at school and keeping his strength hidden, but ends up botching it every time when Videl's around. Poor Gohan can't catch a break.

I mean how can you possibly hold back on that?
1425492007.jpg

lLGKsTS.png
lLGKsTS.png

lLGKsTS.png
lLGKsTS.png

lLGKsTS.png
lLGKsTS.png

Just a regular school boy, getting hit in the head by baseballs and not being phased.
also i need to remember what episodes those are so i can watch them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom