• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami [Apr14] Pray while you shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeMyers

7cLpi.png

MY CHAOZU IS READY

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Did I ever pick the right episode of Bleach to review.

I watched the pre credit sequence during the intermission. I can't wait to get the DVD and get this done next Saturday.

It'll be an all gif festival.

The hardest part will be getting all of their names straight.

MikeMyers

I like the Halloween filler episode of Bleach.

I'm assuming you are doing the beach one, all I remember of that is I think Renji lost to some hentai tentacles monster of something.

Raxus

Bleach
Not since Valvrave have I seen such great animation for such a stupid story.

Shippuden
It's sad I missed the past 3-4 weeks of Shippuden and I feel I have missed literally nothing.

One Piece
The next few weeks are going to be glorious.

Blue Exorcist
If I were to write how a typical anime might play out this episode would pop out

Black Lagoon
I have to watch last weeks episode but I am loving it. This and JoJo make me want more Nazi's in anime that isn't called Fullmetal Alchemist (never forget Nazi Hughes).

Star Wars Clone Wars
This has improved dramatically since season 1. I am glad everyone is enjoying it. I wish more of Toonami GAF would try and stay up for it.

Ghost in the Shell
There has to be a wrestling gif for this episode. Next episodes are classics IMO. Enjoy Seda.

Samurai Jack
Watching now...

sorry guys, uh someone right next door to me's water pipe broke and I have been outside since 30 minutes ago and *then* they couldnt turn the power back on in my apt so I had to be relocated for the night.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
"Bringing Back Reality"

2PBVZMRl.jpg

Naruto and Menma are in the Hokage's office and Naruto is explaining how Menma's music is actually a Ninjutsu. Shizune thinks that is rather unusual for Ninjutsu while Tsunade asks her if they have identified the one who assailed the village. Still working on it. Tsunade has heard of a similar power and believes the Land of Rice Patties has dabbled in music based jutsu. Shizune points out that the cliffs Naruto found Menma near were in that neighborhood. Menma begs the Hokage to go investigate but Shizune says that trespassing on their lands without a good reason might not be the best idea. Naruto seconds the request though and the 5th agrees. They both thank her but Shizune looks at her master and sees the trouble in her eyes.

1E9m2p3l.jpg

The team has assembled, it's Naruto, Menma, Tenten, and Neji. They say goodbye to Teuchi as they'll be out on the road for a bit. At least those pickled bamboo shoots will be ready by the time you're back. Naruto asks him to save him a big old bowl. Later gliding through the woods Naruto tells Neji and Twenty that they didn't have to come along. Yes, they did says Twenty, they are on the job and Neji also replies that it is their mission to accompany you. Naruto thinks about it for a moment before having a FLASHBACK to earlier in the day in the Hokage's office. She wants a private word with him. When she gets it she asks if his shinobi sense is tingling...it isn't. She implies that Menma is probably an agent of someone but Naruto cuts her off saying he vouched for him and that's that. She knows he isn't a bad person but can you be sure he isn't a spy? He's still not catching on but she goes on to remind him that was the land that once housed the Village Hidden in the Sound, lead by Orochimaru. He hasn't forgotten. She goes on to say that Menma's jutsu is similar to that of Tayuya, the opponent Shikamaru fought when the Sauce was taken and they can't afford to be hoodwinked again and put the village at risk. Naruto seems to get this but he's sure Menma isn't an enemy. Meanwhile back in the forest Menma starts moving ahead. Neji and Twenty keep up but the boy just keeps pouring on the speed causing Neji to strain. He steps on a loose branch and falls but Good Guy Menma is there to wall jump off of a tree and grab his hand, asking him if he was hurt. No, he's fine so they take a rest on a nearby cliff.

2En67nZl.jpg

Naruto wants to know what is bugging Neji. Neji asks who the hell this boy is and Naruto tells him that's the point of the mission. Neji was moving at full speed back then and purposefully lost his footing. He was fast enough to catch him and a normal boy shouldn't be as quick as us. Tenten is worried what will happen if he turns on us but Naruto cuts a promo about how all this guy does is help people all day and save babies, follow the demandments brother. They aren't convinced but are shocked when Menma starts playing the flute. Naruto thinks it sounds good and Menma remembers to thank him for fixing it but Neji stands up and tells him to put down the ocarina as gets into a fighting pose and Twenty draws weapons. Naruto tells them to lay off but she says that could have been a signal to the enemy and the real reason they were assigned to this was because of the invader they didn't catch the other day. It's all connected and he's probably somewhere nearby. They are to catch him and at this point Neji doesn't trust Menma. Menma is okay with this, after all he doesn't even know what type of person he is and doesn't know if he's a terrible person. He then asks Naruto want he'd do if he was reborn a bad guy. Naruto has no idea why he brought up this hypothetical but he was just wondering. Naruto has never thought of it before and Menma tells him to forget it. Neji smells something in the air and Naruto says it smells like something is burning so they head off.

zvDafKDl.jpg

It's a ruined village. Naruto wonders what happened here as Menma is shook to the core by the visuals, crows, burnt dolls, swords sticking out, you know the drill, FLASHBACK to a fire. Naruto asks if he is doing okay when he clutches his head but he says it is nothing. He jumps on Twenty and Naruto bringing them to the ground as a trio of crossbow bolts soars over their head. The villagers have come out and the one with the crossbow tells them not to move or he'll shoot. Naruto wants to know what this guy's deal is as the man asks them if they are underlings of the previous bandit group if they are they will die here. No they are Leaf Shinobi says Tenten as she points to her headband. The men believe her and lower their weapons as their leader asks what they are doing here. Just passing through says Naruto and the leader walks away saying they should depart immediately as no one can guarantee their safety. Naruto wonders why this guy is trying to pick fights as Menma gets an odd look in his eyes. They take another breather as Naruto is chucking rocks into the river. Twenty asks if Menma who is obviously a bit shook remembers anything. He says no. Detective Neji, ever on the case, has his arms crossed and tells the shadows that they should just come on out. Something rustles behind the nearby rubble and a woman and a girl come out. Menma smiles at the little girl and offers her a nearby flower. She ducks away in fear. The woman heard them talking about ninja things. Naruto doesn't want to brag but he's kinda a big deal. She's never heard of him though so he takes a comedy dive. Neji wants to know why she followed them, she had something to discuss. That person they talked to was her brother, Naruto goes on about what a jerk he was for defending his rubble I guess and the village is still in great danger and needs someone to help save it. What do you mean? This was once a border town in the Land of Rice Paddies but so much trouble has arisen here that the surrounding villages have been demilitarized. Neji blames Orochimaru's recent dealing and Twenty optimistically says that means border disputes at the very least must have lessened. Not so says the woman. There's a small gold mine outside of the village and once word got around that security was soft here bandits came flooding in. They begged the feudal lord for aid but no dice. It was attacked by bandits says Tenten. They just left actually driven off by a recent storm. She asks again for help and Naruto tells her she can count on them just as Neji says no. Neji rules lawyer brings up their previous commitments and without orders from the Hokage himself he won't lift a finger. Twenty also brings up that they can't just park themselves here forever.

cwHG6Ofl.jpg

The man comes back asking Ran (the woman) what she and Fuki are doing here. She's surprised to see Nan (her brother) who tells her to stay away from these guys, there's no such thing as a good ninja. Naruto isn't thrilled by this but he's just speaking truth, rumor has it those bandits were rogue Sound Ninja and asks them to follow him. He shows them the very large freshly dug up graveyard. One third of the villagers were killed and half of what remained have fled. Twenty thinks the rest should evacuate but the man cuts a hard times promo on her, where would they go, this is our home, our ancestors built this, supposed to cower in fear at the sword and run the rest of our lives, daddy? His sister scolds him for speaking so loud in front of the girl, whom he kneels down to apologize to and comfort. Her parents were killed in a raid and she hasn't spoken a word since. There's nowhere for us to run so why don't you disappear? Neji tells them they should leave...but Menma wants to help. Twenty calls her nuts and that they should go back to the Leaf for help. Where Menma goes Naruto goes. Neji brings up orders but Menma thinks this will jog his memories. Twenty wants them to stop messing around but Naruto and Menma are staying, they just want to help and Naruto tells the two they should head back to the Leaf as they depart. Tenten wants to know what they should do but Neji tells her to just let them go, he doesn't think the villagers will accept them anyways, to which Twenty agrees.

dNGDP29.gif

The other half of the village is safe, seperated by a small stream. Menma suggests they use the natural boundaries and reinforce it with a wall with only one bridge in. They start dragging ridiculously large trees and working hard on their wall while Tenten and Neji watch. Nan shoots their first log with a crossbow and tells them to leave but Naruto chides him saying skulking about won't protect the village as he leaves. Working montage! The wall is half done by the time dawn rises. Tenten wakes up and makes fun of them for trying to do it all on their own. Menma is going to drive a stake into the ground that Naruto is holding with an over sized mallet but is too tired and slips, nearly doming him before Tenten throws a ball and chain at him to deflect the mallet. Naruto is shook, Twenty is still here. She says a thank you would be nice every once in awhile and she begins to help after Menma thanks her. The little girl comes over and brings Naruto a thermos and Ran has some food. They came to help. Another working montage with the five of them. Wait no, more villagers come by and suddenly a few dozen villagers are there. Even Nan drops his crossbow to help.

WKyRUJHl.jpg

The villain from the other day is watching them from the trees and Tenten spots them, whistling to the villagers to go and hide as Naruto Pearl Harbors him! The kick misses and he uses his ribbon kunai to block Naruto's regular kunai. Neji comes along as this is the real mission and Naruto tells him this guy is no joke. He is far ahead of them as Menma silently joins the pursuit. Naruto runs into a net and is floored until Menma does his Bard routine, buffing the party's chakra up to ridiculous levels. They are now more than a match for him. Nan comes up to crossbow the ninja but misses badly. The ninja turns to kill him but Menma jumps in front of him taking a kunai to the back. The ninja escapes.

Xv5cHGRl.jpg

They bring Menma back to the village. Nan is going to help him as he's had some first aid experience but after taking his shirt off there's no way he will. They ask why but he points to Menma's tats, he's one of the bandits...dun dun dun!

NEXT EPISODE: "A Past to Be Erased"

BONUS:

uyg5UaFl.jpg

4XU00EBl.jpg

Man God

Non-Canon Member
6 more episodes.

For an arc I can barely remember this is better than usual. I'm fairly sure I remember how it ends as well and it's pretty shocking. I'm also positive I know which of the Konoha 12 shows up most throughout the filler. It became an insanely tight race at the end.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I was playing Tropical Freeze and MH3U last night with a friend instead of watching the TOONAMI shows he doesn't like or has seen before (Space Dandy, Bleach, Blue Exorcist) and I thought Andrex would be proud.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm good enough with pad only that by the time we were playing MH3U (so...Bleach and Blue Exorcist) we probably could have watched those but he would have complained the entire time with how wretched Bleach was and how boring BE is but I decided to just concentrate fully and put it on the big screen. Sometimes the extra details can help even if you're looking up at someone else playing.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Just noticed the official extended Wii U battery is out of stock at Nintendo.com and so are the XL charging cradles...which I now need a new one for so that delays that shopping spree.

I did a bit of me shopping yesterday and my friend game me some things so I've got some new logs to stack up on the pile, along with the TTT2 fightstick that is coming in tomorrow I've got over the past few days...

Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper for around 8 bucks new.
100 bucks in eshop money for 10% off.
a swank new Yoshi 3DS XL. With a 40 dollar gift card...which brought the eshop money total down to 50 dollars for 100 bucks worth of eshop money.
A Tatsunoko Versus Capcom Arcade Fightstick which I've been lusting after for four years and kicked myself I didn't buy a pile of when they went on clearance.
Megaman Zero Collection

So all I really need in the near future is a new GB micro charge cable, another 3DS XL cradle, a slightly longer HDMI cable, the Wii U battery and a couple of games in the next two months I won't get to playing until summer (NES REMIX 2, Child of Light, the Megaman six on 3DS, Shovel Knight if that ever hits) and Mario Kart 8 which I probably will drop to play.

Going to switch my 3DS backlog with my Wii U backlog when summer hits and play FF V Job Fiesta runs when I'm away from home and have a moment...which is about two hours a day roughly in the summer months. Aiming for six runs.

With Naruto finishing up I'll have an extra hour or two each night to catch up on some anime. I have another frighteningly long One Piece backlog, need to finish Casshern and Deadman and am going to watch Final Act and Samurai Seven. Then there's all the stuff on Netflix. I might need to make a watch schedule as well.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Wii U Pro Controller = 80+ hour battery life, powerful rumble, comfortability
LtNDbKz.png

Join me in the light, Man God.
LtNDbKz.png

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Just noticed the official extended Wii U battery is out of stock at Nintendo.com and so are the XL charging cradles...which I now need a new one for so that delays that shopping spree.

I did a bit of me shopping yesterday and my friend game me some things so I've got some new logs to stack up on the pile, along with the TTT2 fightstick that is coming in tomorrow I've got over the past few days...

Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper for around 8 bucks new.
100 bucks in eshop money for 10% off.
a swank new Yoshi 3DS XL. With a 40 dollar gift card...which brought the eshop money total down to 50 dollars for 100 bucks worth of eshop money.
A Tatsunoko Versus Capcom Arcade Fightstick which I've been lusting after for four years and kicked myself I didn't buy a pile of when they went on clearance.
Megaman Zero Collection

So all I really need in the near future is a new GB micro charge cable, another 3DS XL cradle, a slightly longer HDMI cable, the Wii U battery and a couple of games in the next two months I won't get to playing until summer (NES REMIX 2, Child of Light, the Megaman six on 3DS, Shovel Knight if that ever hits) and Mario Kart 8 which I probably will drop to play.

Going to switch my 3DS backlog with my Wii U backlog when summer hits and play FF V Job Fiesta runs when I'm away from home and have a moment...which is about two hours a day roughly in the summer months. Aiming for six runs.

With Naruto finishing up I'll have an extra hour or two each night to catch up on some anime. I have another frighteningly long One Piece backlog, need to finish Casshern and Deadman and am going to watch Final Act and Samurai Seven. Then there's all the stuff on Netflix. I might need to make a watch schedule as well.

It's like we read eachother's mind, im glad im not the only one who still plans on getting that tatsunoku vs capcom fight stick.

Jintor

Holy shit Revy.

you're amazing

I'm amazed she's even giving Rock a chance. She must see something in him or something. I can't believe she wouldn't have just killed him at any given moment

Man God

Non-Canon Member
LtNDbKz.png

LtNDbKz.png

I have four of those controllers and use one for Jungle Freeze...but I like off screen with 3U too much to change right now. Maybe next time I'll give it a shot.

The pro is quite possibly my favorite controller ever though,

bigkrev

LtNDbKz.png

LtNDbKz.png

So after spending the last 3-4 years exclusively playing on PS3, switching back to a 360 controller on PC has been a revelation in regards to battery life. I get like 30 hours of use on a pair of double A batteries, compared to the 10-12 hours my Dualshocks were getting before needing a recharge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom