• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami [Apr14] Pray while you shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
On non-Toonami days it seems to be the anything and everything thread but mostly centered around Toonami, Anime and Adult Swim stuff. That seems to be the gist.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Aw man, this is the adult swim I remember, along with a much bigger focus on anime at the time

And the fact that almost no one would watch it at that hour either.

Of course they wouldn't. It's like 10+ years old and reruns man. I can wish for shit that is never going to happen. Beyond the fact that stuff like king of the hill and family guy still makes gangbusters ratings for doing dick all.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
this is one of those great episodes of Space Ghost that perfectly rides that line between hilarious and nonsensical

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Oh shit, Kentucky Nightmare is the origin episode of the Aqua Teens, isn't it?

No, that was Baffler Meal.
Kentucky Nightmare was going to be the Aqua Teens origin but they felt the original episode focused too much on the ATHF so they rewrote it into this

This discussion should be in the Toonami thread since Moltar was the original presser of buttons...so....yeah....

That shark got another beer?

This discussion should be in the Toonami thread since Moltar was the original presser of buttons...so....yeah....

That shark got another beer?

I agree with that. That's a good reasoning. Besides, it's a fun hangout for good people that know the quality of fine programming.

The funny thing is, most of the AS new live action stuff is just as absurd as this - is there something about the fact they're using old cartoons that makes it more amusing? Is it the delivery? Why was an exploding shark more amusing to me than say, remaking an 80s TV show opening?

The funny thing is, most of the new stuff is just as nonsense - is there something about the fact they're using old cartoons make it more amusing? Is it the delivery? Why was an exploding shark more amusing to me than say, remaking an 80s TV show opening?

I dunno. Im going to admit what a lot don't. Shits nostalgic bro. Not saying everything is, but for me SGC2C is. I grew up watchin the legit space ghost and other hanna barbara animated action shorts like birdman, galaxy trio, herculoids, etc. So when SGC2C came on for the first time in the early 90s, it blew me away that these toons were acting sarcastic, surreal and just bonkers.

Some of thew new stuff I dont care for simply because it's live action and I dont think it works as well.

foxuzamaki

busta looks so young and he dont even look swole or atleast he looks bigger now, should hever never cut his hair tho

It could just be the excellent delivery of George Lowe reading anything.

I'm losing it at "The floor's spoiled."

The show is quality, don't get me wrong. Just saying why I don't like things like heart she holler or eagleheart better, even though they're similar comedy styles.

The entire SGC2C cast had good chemistry.

foxuzamaki

harey birdman probably aged the best out of all the older shows, really loved it. I still need to get the game on wii

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom