• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami [Apr14] Pray while you shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenumi

Banned
Ratings are in!

SATURDAY, MARCH 29, 2014
11:30PM Space Dandy 0.8 HH, 1.211 million viewers
12:00AM Bleach 0.9 HH, 1.291 million viewers
12:30AM Naruto: Shippuden 0.8 HH, 1.193 million viewers
1:00AM One Piece 0.7 HH, 968,000 viewers
1:30AM Blue Exorcist 0.6 HH, 870,000 viewers
2:00AM Black Lagoon 0.6 HH, 876,000 viewers
2:30AM Naruto 0.5 HH, 785,000 viewers
3:00AM Ghost in the Shell 0.4 HH, 626,000 viewers
3:30AM Fullmetal: Brotherhood 0.4 HH, 603,000 viewers
4:00AM Samurai Jack 0.4 HH, 555,000 viewers
4:30AM IGPX: Immortal Grand Prix 0.4 HH, 441,000 viewers
5:00AM Star Wars: Clone Wars 0.4 HH, 508,000 viewers
5:30AM Sym-Bionic Titan 0.4 HH, 436,000 viewers

Source: http://www.tvmediainsights.com/adult-swim-ratings-scorecard-week-of-march-24-2014/

Respectable ratings, though something's got to be done about the late run drop off, I think.

bigkrev

Dandy might have been hurt by the College BB game that started at 9 and went to OT? I don't care about it at all and don't know when it ended

Levyne

Banned
I dream of the day when One Piece is the first show in the line up.

Hey, who knows what will happen when Bleach is over in October or whatever. But we'll still probably have Dandy at 11:30 (S2 Rerun).

Unless by first you mean highest rating.

For those who care, here is a toonami ratings breakdown for 2014 thus far.

2014 Monthly Averages
January – 775,788 (Shippuden)
February – 771,128 (Samurai Jack) [-4,660]
March – 828,100 (Blue Exorcist, Black Lagoon, Sym-Bionic Titan) [+56,972]
Note: Shows in parentheses indicate the month they debut, an asterisk denotes a movie. Brackets show the net gain/loss of viewers from month to month.

2014 Yearly Show Averages (Jan-Mar)
Current
Space Dandy – 1.287 million
Bleach – 1.182 million
Shippuden – 1.091 million
One Piece – 933,167
Blue Exorcist – 967,600
Black Lagoon – 908,500*
Naruto – 690,550
Ghost in the Shell – 562,167
FMAB – 577,417
Samurai Jack – 582,575
IGPX – 511,783
Star Wars TCW – 611,467
SBT – 529,250
---------------------------------------------------------------
Past
SAO – 797,959
FLCL – 634,500
Inuyasha – 545,875
Note: An asterisk indicates that a numbers were pulled from less than one month of airtime, this may skew this results and not be indicative of a programs true average performance.

I'd also like to point out that March, 2014 is the fourth highest rated month since the block returned in 2012.

First time Bleach has outdone Space Dandy.

It's probably not a big deal at this point, but I'm curious how the ratings will do during the reruns.

daveo42

Banned
The episode came out early in Japan this past week, right? My guess is some people just watched it then.

Yeah, you are probably right about that. Very likely it was a contributing factor in the drop. I'm expecting it to stay below Bleach until new episodes of Dandy show up later this year.

I assume by name alone march madness is over and that nothing big is happening on days in April though the next big chance at ratings I would think is come summer breaks

Loco4Coco

So Bleach out-viewed Dandy.

c42.gif

Tenumi

Banned
Novid wore Branduil's current avatar for a while. What a crazy nonsense ranting fella he was.

That avatar scares me now, since I can still associate it with that... person.

Novid was weird. Understatement of the year.

Tamanon

Banned
Goddamn it I flinch for like a split second when I see my avatar post but it isnt me.

Now you know how I feel every time I see a CaesarDrew post on Gaming side.

BTW, 4 more episodes of Bleach filler left! Then it's time for the Fullbringers!

Didn't Novid also pretend to work on Thundercats?
It was thing....
I recall him hinting at things getting better during its initial run along with being a hype man. I think it was some type of "fake it and maybe they'll actually offer to hire me" kinda weird thing he was trying to do lol.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
This, oh man I remember his like 2000 word rant on Crunchyroll, I read it twice am and still unsure what he was mad about

I think he was trying to say "Crunchyroll sold out to the man, maaaaaan"
Since CR used to be an illegal animu streaming site, and now they do it legally.

daveo42

Banned
This Novid guy sounds really really odd. I do, however, know some people that shared that same sentiment when CR went from pirate stream to a legit one.

As for expansion, we might see Toonami spread farther into Saturday evening, but my guess is that CN will just fill the extra slot(s) with other AS shows on Saturday.

But he was upset with how it was stealing people away from toonami? It was bizarre

Wait, what?

Yea I think he was more upset that I previously "illegitimate " source was now a place where people could legally watch anime and blamed things like it as to why anime would no longer be watched or picked up as much on live tv. Either way it was bizarre and sorta misguided .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom