• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr15| Watching Toonami protects your brain from sorcery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korigama

It's weird how this show handles this plot point because somehow demons and magic just stopped existing, it really should have been a parallel dimension or something
I had been wondering for the longest time just why all of those things suddenly disappeared in modern Japan, but I have my doubts that it was ever answered.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
But they constantly go to the future, and nothing ever changes, meaning nothing changes when they do stuff in the past.

Not necessarily, it only works like that if it uses the Intersteallar version of time travel. If it's Back to the Future then then no.

I don't think Takahashi thought that far ahead.

Didn't a new show based on her current manga start recently?

Yeah Rin-ne, it's streaming on Crunchy right now

It's... okay I guess, it's a weird mix of InuYasha and Bleach but is far more comedic in tone with much less interesting characters though the OP teases more action to come.

Crocodile

Can Kohaku die already? I really don't want him to have a happy ending. I am SICK of his face.

It's weird how this show handles this plot point because somehow demons and magic just stopped existing, it really should have been a parallel dimension or something

Yeah that always really bugged me. It would be interesting if the show actually commented on that (i.e. the results of the final battle cause the modern world to be basically demon free). Then again, it would mean the protagonists would have to know they would win which would be weird.

VariantX

Basically this. This shit will never be explained most likely. Demons are long lived too, why no adult shippo in kagome's time?

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

This is kinda a thing in most japanese shows like this, like there could be demons everywhere in the past but non-existant in the future, especially when there are demons who live hundreds to even thousands of years.

I think alot of anime now have it that the demons basically went into hiding by looking liek humans and such.

Ultratech

So I just thought of something.
This all takes place in the past right? Doesnt that mean they win? Since the future is fine.
Like, since the future is fine that means naraku is gonna lose no matter what.

Yeah...the show's never been terribly clear about this.

While stuff like Demons and other crap have appeared in the Present Day, it doesn't really explain why they stopped existing or some such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom