• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr15| Watching Toonami protects your brain from sorcery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I've gonna have to figure out what to do the podcast about on Memorial Day. Maybe we'll ask for suggestions on what shitty anime movies to review for a week.

Also shameless plug, we've got like 20-25 minutes of full spoilers for Resurrection F at the end of the one for this week since one of our dudes was at the premiere and we just never had time to talk about it until now. Also a long rant about Kohaku's death and not death.

MikeMyers

Well, every show gets pushed back one except DBZ.

Inuyasha: The Final Act: June 13th
Kill La Kill: July 25th
Sword Art Online II: September 12th
Attack On Titan: September 19th
Dragon Ball Z Kai: ~2018
Naruto Shippuden: AHAHAHA....
One Piece: ....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

(note I had July 25th listed here for KLK before, but I thought there were 25 episodes, but I guess there's 24 + a special? So, actually July 25th now)
Hopefully a rerun of the original series replaces Final Act when it's over.

Well shit, a KLK marathon.

Speaking of KLK, I was watching the 2nd episode of Major Lazer and noticed something....

52b3c.png

ckohler

This.

I'm actually gonna try to edit the scene on my own.....and see where I get.

I don't think it'll be that hard, tbh. There's enough closeups and cutaway shots intermixed in with that scene already that you could lengthen and/or repeat to replace the really too-lewd-for-tv shots.

Well guess they dont want me to watch that night. We should have had a Sword art Online Marathon instead. A Kirito only night would be pretty fun for that holiday weekend.

nah, man. you gotta save that marathon for July 4. What better way to celebrate America's b-day than with a GGO/BoB 3 marathon! America and Guns are a match made in Heaven.

Jarate

Banned
Dragonball Super really needs to not get shit on by kids tv

Funi will hopefully get the dub rights, but I wouldn't mind a streaming service controlling its release, but hopefully Toonami gets it, it might be one of their biggest show (it would be on regular CN first though most likely)

Grexeno

Dragonball Super really needs to not get shit on by kids tv

Funi will hopefully get the dub rights, but I wouldn't mind a streaming service controlling its release, but hopefully Toonami gets it, it might be one of their biggest show (it would be on regular CN first though most likely)
I think Cartoon Network is basically done with anime though.

Jarate

Banned
I think Cartoon Network is basically done with anime though.
Cartoon Network might be done with anime, but DBZ isn't just a simple "anime"

Dragonball is probably one of the most recognized IP in cartoons in the entire world and is still ridiculously popular in the west. I can't think of a single anime that has anywhere near the level of brand awareness that DBZ has which puts it way beyond other shows. Hell, DBZ hasn't had a new tv shoe air in how many years and its still by far the most popular anime shown on Toonami and adult swim.

Western companies are probably salivating at the chance to get the dub rights for the show.

Cartoon Network might be done with anime, but DBZ isn't just a simple "anime"

Dragonball is probably one of the most recognized IP in cartoons in the entire world and is still ridiculously popular in the west. I can't think of a single anime that has anywhere near the level of brand awareness that DBZ has which puts it way beyond other shows. Hell, DBZ hasn't had a new tv shoe air in how many years and its still by far the most popular anime shown on Toonami and adult swim.

Western companies are probably salivating at the chance to get the dub rights for the show.

Companies trying to get a piece of DB Super:
black-friday-mob-gif.gif

Jarate

Banned
Companies trying to get a piece of DB Super:
black-friday-mob-gif.gif

And the competition of getting the show will probably raise prices too, as DBZ is generally "family friendly" as opposed to something like Kill La Kill or even One Piece (western cartoon big no no are boobs, blood, smoking, and weapons)

DBZ has never been a super fanservicey show, its action doesn't generally feature limb removal and swords, and its never been that bloody either. I would actually prefer it to be on the streaming services though, lack of censorship would be really nice, I really don't want a blue popo again

Raxus

KLK is a show you go into for humor

AoT is hard to rewatch do to pacing.

Also didn't help they aired the marathon over the slowest of the 3 arcs shown.

KLK is actually going to cover several very entertaining episodes and even better we are going to cover Mayor Bling again.

With InuYasha's replacement now being 2 weeks after Momocon, I feel really confident with it's replacement (aka Sailor Moon Crystal) being announced as the "big surprise" at Momocon.

Honestly if anything else IS the announcement that would truly be a surprise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom