• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr15| Watching Toonami protects your brain from sorcery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moaradin

Sailor Moon Crystal is garbage. I don't even like Inuyasha but that would be a big downgrade. pls no :(

And Toonami should prioritize Fate/Zero over Fate/Stay Night.

Grexeno

Fate/Stay Night also isn't as consistently amazing as Zero is after the Exposition Dump hour.

Also, people die when they are killed.
None of this matters, I don't think. Toonami probably doesn't care enough either way to work around the extra-long first episode.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The anime con season is coming up so I'd expect it then.

Two or three of the episodes in this current Shippuden arc TOONAMI is showing are double length. You just break it in half. It's no big deal.

Sailor Moon Crystal is garbage. I don't even like Inuyasha but that would be a big downgrade. pls no :(

And Toonami should prioritize Fate/Zero over Fate/Stay Night.

No but it has multiple extra long/boring episodes.

Badnews.gif

SMC will do extremely well and its only a matter of when for it not if

F/SN UBW will also likely do very well and will appeal nicely to the same audience that eats up SAO. They could potentially get F/Z after F/SN UBW if the latter does well because at that point they'll have people invested to see more Fate/series.

Has Crystal's dub even been released or shown off at all?

Neither was SAO II's dub, or Space Dandy's :p

Viz confirmed at anime boston recently the dub cast from the redub of the classic series would all reprise their roles for crystal so its safe to say dubbing crystal is in the works.

Moaradin

None of this matters, I don't think. Toonami probably doesn't care enough either way to work around the extra-long first episode.

Fate/Stay Night has an hour long first episode and second episode, as well as a hour long finale. If Fate/Zero won't work then there's no way in hell Fate/Stay Night would work.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Oh, it's an hour long? Really no big deal then. You either bump something for a week or break it up if the contract allows you to.

Fate/Stay Night has an hour long first episode and second episode, as well as a hour long finale. If Fate/Zero won't work then there's no way in hell Fate/Stay Night would work.

F/SN's hour long episode has really good action and is pretty straight forward with minimal expo dump

F/Z's first episode is an hour of sleep inducing exposition that assumes the audience is familiar with whats going on in the fate/series

F/Z may have been animated by ufortable first, but it doesn't feel like people were meant to go into it blind unlike F/SN UBW.

Moaradin

F/SN's hour long episode has really good action and is pretty straight forward with minimal expo dump

F/Z's first episode is an hour of sleep inducing exposition that assumes the audience is familiar with whats going on in the fate/series

F/Z may have been animated by ufortable first, but it doesn't feel like people were meant to go into it blind unlike F/SN UBW.

I'd say the first info dump episode of F/Z is worth the much better show overall. Fate/Stay Night gets a lot more boring throughout the first season. The first season honestly felt like it was filled with filler and mostly just set up this season. Luckily it's starting to get a little more interesting now.

I'd say the first info dump episode of F/Z is worth the much better show overall. Fate/Stay Night gets a lot more boring throughout the first season. The first season honestly felt like it was filled with filler and mostly just set up this season. Luckily it's starting to get a little more interesting now.

If you think Unlimited Blade Works is slow, try Heaven's Feel. Literally nothing happens in that route in the VN till about 3/4 of the way through.

Fate/Zero has one long episode of build up and from there it just keeps going up right through the end.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
crispy free is the best

It's sad how TOONAMI went from Free (Eureka 7, Big O Season 2, GitS, Naruto Shippuden, Hellsing Ultimate) to being almost entirely without the Man (Just Naruto Shippuden, and even then he's not on for awhile)

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
It's sad how TOONAMI went from Free (Eureka 7, Big O Season 2, GitS, Naruto Shippuden, Hellsing Ultimate) to being almost entirely without the Man (Just Naruto Shippuden, and even then he's not on for awhile)
Sadly Funimation and Aniplex (usually) don't seem to work with him.

Moaradin

Felt like they coulda done more work on the script. Saber and Lancer in particular had some pretty awkward lines.

I thought it fit considering the eras they were from. Fate/Zero is probably my favorite Aniplex dub. The only voice that felt off at times for me was Gilgamesh.

Felt like they coulda done more work on the script. Saber and Lancer in particular had some pretty awkward lines.

Lancer is a weak character overall. They couldn't do much with Saber's character in Fate/Zero because she doesn't get any kind of character development until Fate/Stay Night.

JYB's best roles are always the
creepy ones

Then you'll love him in F/Z

I thought it fit considering the eras they were from. Fate/Zero is probably my favorite Aniplex dub. The only voice that felt off at times for me was Gilgamesh.

Gilgamesh's VA was odd to me at first, but he really grew on me by the end. It took him longer to adjust to his role than anyone else.

Moaradin

Gilgamesh's VA was odd to me at first, but he really grew on me by the end. It took him longer to adjust to his role than anyone else.

I liked him most of the time. It was only a couple lines that were delivered awkwardly. Most of the time I thought he pulled off the smug, cocky attitude well.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
img_sp-welcome17L-04.jpg

img_sp-welcome17L-05.jpg
dsfkjsdbfksdksdkj

This is kinda sorta relevant to gurren lagann, right, thats mecha, this is mecha, totally on topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom