• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr15| Watching Toonami protects your brain from sorcery

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see why that episode is considered the best, it had so little Kirito in it and focused on a single battle.

Basically, though I remembered this fight being more exciting the first time I watched it, maybe it was the pure shock of it not being fucking terrible that made it better in my memory

THIS AGAIN

GOTTA GET STRONGER

SERIOUS BUSINESS.

IT'S A MALBORO AND A LOLI

hello tentacles.

Yup this is SAO

Very very lewd virtual plants

more tentacles, great

fanservice swerve, wait, swerve the swerve!

NO NO NO NO NO!

HI, TENTACLES

IT'S BEEN A WHILE

DId you guys think you could escape a tentacle rape reference? THINK AGAIN!

This is like my Japanese animes!!!

Aaaaand back to tentacle monsters vs little girls.

Welcome back, SAO.

MikeMyers

tumblr_lhm9h6xTTV1qelfu9o1_500.gif

I'm ok with that, at least they have a plan, but we didn't need a whole fucking episode to do this. This one, and the first episode, could easily have been combined into a single episode without losing anything. There was no reason for these two episodes to be two episodes.

That's really the biggest problem of the GGO arc, the whole arc really could be covered in like 6 episodes, but it's stretched out to 14

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I guess Kirito and Asuna don't even play anymore and just cyber.

Too OP to play.
Why even go online to fuck, they know each other in real life.
Maybe there's something about the VR sex...

Seriously, how is this the best episode? NOTHING HAPPENED!

It barely had the main character. ... Now that is a sad thought.
Seriously, that was DULLLLLLLLLLLL

Seda

I don't even know what to say about the episode, i guess that means it was pretty unremarkable in either direction.

well I guess that''s something to say.

Crocodile

All throughout this episode all I could think of was that episode of GITS where Makoto meets her future sniper for the first time. You can do these sorts of plots in an engaging and interesting way. You just have to have either played shooter games and/or researched basic military tactics.

Well, I hated that less then Shokugeki no Soma, so that is something.

Having actually gotten around to watching SnS I'm just going to have to say C'mon son!

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Too OP to play.
Why even go online to fuck, they know each other in real life.
Maybe there's something about the VR sex...

It barely had the main character. ... Now that is a sad thought.
Seriously, that was DULLLLLLLLLLLL
VR sex is their preferred protection?

I'm guessing this girl has some TRAUMATIC issues or something?

What is it with THIS particular character and tentacles?

So I'm guessing part of the reason this is allegedly one of the better SAO episodes is because Kirito is barely in it?

It's because the action is passable and the animation is good, the developments are relatively inoffensive, the actual game gets some screentime (mechanical issues aside), and mister perfect is indeed not in it.

It's not good, but I'd absolutely call it SAO's best (at least up to the point I dropped it which was the second half of SAO II).

Seda

All throughout this episode all I could think of was that episode of GITS where Makoto meets her future sniper for the first time. You can do these sorts of plots in an engaging and interesting way. You just have to have either played shooter games and/or researched basic military tactics.

Yep, the Saito episode was a much better sniper showcase

It's because the action is passable and the animation is good, the developments are relatively inoffensive, the actual game gets some screentime (mechanical issues aside), and mister perfect is indeed not in it.

It's not good, but I'd absolutely call it SAO's best (at least up to the point I dropped it which was the second half of SAO II).

Yeah SAO II's second half is better then it's first half FWIW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom