• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr16| Here today, Gon for three years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

KlK is one of the best dubs ever done. I can't honestly decide if I prefer it to Baccano! or not.

Performance wise overall, this one was ridiculously spectacular. I can't praise the dub of Kill la Kill enough.

Alex von David should just direct a ton of dubs in the future. He seems to know what fits for what scenes.

Mizerman

WVW69jGU9McHiAcUcb

Guess Android 18 got a kick out of it.

Obligatory.

Fat Fuu is Fat.

Mugen got his mind on the (failed?) prize.

"SAO isn't over. Not by a long shot"

Episode 15 - Return

Considering just how low the bar the female characters in this show set, Sugu doesn't make the worst first impression. I mean there's the whole cousin incest angle, but it could be worse.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Morning everyone. I'm surprised I made it through the night.

Dragon Ball Z Kai:
Vegeta gets fucking wrecked. Both his arms broken. Good thing that's the worst the Androids did as they could easily slaughter them at this point. But it seems they didn't, they don't seem as evil as Trunks described. Hmmm.

Dimension W:
Jason Chrysler. I mean wow.
Oh and we got Kyoma's backstory. Poor guy, losing his girlfriend to bad coil experiments. No wonder he's so bitter.
The pacing in this show is kind of wonky. I don't know what it is, but it feels like episodes end in the strangest places.

Samurai Champloo:
Hilarious episode with gorgeous animation. Fat Fuu, thirsty Mugen, overworked Jin, lots of comedy all around. Definitely a needed breather after last week's episode.

Naruto Shippuden
I'd call it "Boring-to Shippuden", but that sounds too similar to Boruto.

One Piece:
Everything is zombies! Paintings, rugs, wall-mounted pig heads! The power of
God
Usopp compels you!
Oh and that scene some people were freaking out over. It really wasn't that bad. All invisible guy was doing was checking her out to see if she would be his bride. It was a pervy way of doing it, but it could have gone worse. Right Sword Art Online?

Parasyte:
An average show that ended on a major wet fart. Ouch.
Despite being a Sentai Filmworks show, the dubbing wasn't too bad. Except for Shinichi, he was the weak link in the whole thing. Which is a problem when he's the main fucking character! But other characters did a decent job (with Migi and the serial killer as standouts).
The "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" plot was good enough, it really didn't need all those hamfisted "Humans are the real Parasytes" messages thrown in. Especially in the final two episodes which could have been condensed to one if you cut all the monologues.
Really a lot of the issues (the forced environmental crap, the sexist portrayals of some female characters) are a product of the time the manga was written. I mean, if you're going to include computers and cell phones, you could at least update other aspects. I don't know, maybe the author demanded that the story stay as intact as possible.
Now I want to see the alternate universe where Hayao Miyazaki got to make the movie he wanted.

Hunter x Hunter hype! Hopefully new bumps too.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Where is SAB. Haven't heard from him all night.

Yeah, didn't post my normal preview because it was kinda sketchy... *badum~tsssh!* I am honored to have been in your thoughts regardless! *bow*

Fat Fuu, Android 18 with the Brogue Kick on Vegeta, Nami taking a shower cuz u know spoopiness, and Murano looking dumb as fuck.

Another solid piece, SAB CA. I can finally sleep knowing I can either sleep, play video games once One Piece ends.

*salute* LoL, my Murano came out even derpier looking than intended, lol. I tried to draw "Oh, Shinichi..!" and I think it came out close to "pleeeze Kill_La_Kill me" or something...

Vegeta DERP.

Fat Fuu like Majin Buu.

Poor Miyabi...

I guess I'll have to make more of an effort to come home to DBZ Kai now since I refuse to rewatch Parasyte at 2 AM. If I can do this, this means the glorious return of the Sinon Time For Toonami gif.

We need to get Majin Fuu into DBZ Super somehow...
It's bad that I didn't realize I forgot to draw something Dimension W until the very end, lol. Miyabi was a squeeze, but it worked out in the end! (For everyone but Kyouma and her... :( )

I want to know...

...who really are going to rewatch an encore Sentai show? Speak up...

It's very rare I skip anything Toonami... and I rather enjoyed Parasyte, having remembered it from the original MIxxZine / TokyoPop run. It's like something from my... middle school days FINALLY finished, lol.

Random mention, but getting an Issue of Otaku USA the other day, seeing an ad for Clannad on the back of it felt really nostalgic. There were a lot of Ads for dodgy PC visual novels in the back of gaming and anime mags in the 90s...

Guess Android 18 got a kick out of it.

Obligatory.

Fat Fuu is Fat.

Mugen got his mind on the (failed?) prize.

Seems Vegeta got his big break too!

Fuu's metabolism is amazing. seeing people in the world actually notice her shift in size is amazing, lol. At least Mugen won't be having back problems... I guess...

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Na, surely, that's a nightmare sequence from We Bare Bears.....
........... right?

I'm confused at the PPG's having butts to shake. Fan"art" just got even weirder.

BatDan

Wat duh fuck am I looking at? Craig McCracken can't be happy with this.

Also some Tumblrinas are freaking out over an episode that allegedly bashes transgender people. Something about a horse that wants to be a unicorn.

Jarate

Banned
Wat duh fuck am I looking at? Craig McCracken can't be happy with this.

Also some Tumblrinas are freaking out over an episode that allegedly bashes transgender people. Something about a horse that wants to be a unicorn.

From what ive read on the interwebs, it's really bad, but it's more ignorance and HEY LOOK HOW HIP WE ARE then it is "bashing"

But everything ive heard about this show I want to choke

BatDan

From what ive read on the interwebs, it's really bad, but it's more ignorance and HEY LOOK HOW HIP WE ARE then it is "bashing"

But everything ive heard about this show I want to choke

Oooh, sounds like a mess.
Just like everything else about this reboot.

Also, they get Tom Kenny to reprise the Mayor, but they don't get the original PPG actresses? No sense.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Cartoon Network needs to stop with the completely random crossovers. Remember the time Steven Universe did an episode with....Uncle Grandpa....of all things?

Raxus

Cartoon Network needs to stop with the completely random crossovers. Remember the time Steven Universe did an episode with....Uncle Grandpa....of all things?

At least SU and UG had a reason outside of CN. Sugar just happened to be a fan of UG.

Speaking of sad news (for some) UG and Wander over Yonder got one last season and they are done. We are counting down the episodes of WoY now.

McCraken can't catch a break.

Regiruler

Rewatching everything I missed last night, so essentially everything but Dimension W. Any strong arguments as to why I should watch One Piece this week?

On Tumblr, I mainly check out the blogs run by the people who work on Magic the Gathering, and some MLP fan art blogs. I try to avoid serious discussion blogs on Tumblr, since I feel that it isn't actually a suitable platform for that. In particular, the reblogging feature obfuscates the original context of posts, which can cause a lot of problems.

That said, I do object to automatic dismissal of points made on Tumblr.
That said, I think the complaint that the unicorn episode of the new Powerpuff Girls is anti-transgender is a bit of a stretch from the clips I've seen.

ckohler

One Piece 45-100:

• Loguetown was cool. Lots of big story stuff revealed. Mysterious stuff.
  • I honestly didn't recognize Alvida even though it was obvious in hindsight.
  • Smoker seems pretty cool and I really like clumsy Tashigi.
  • I skipped the Apis episodes.
  • WTF at Laboon. That whole sequence was strange. Giant whale with doorways and stuff?
  • I also didn't recognize Vivi at first. I knew Miss Wednesday had the same hair but I only knew Vivi as a good guy so it was confusing when it was later revealed she was under cover.
  • Whiskey Peak was meh. Just some introductions. Luffy and Zoro's fight was pointless.
  • I did like learning about the Log Poses.
  • Coby mini-arc was meh. At least we got to meet Garp.
  • Little Garden was okay. Felt a little long-winded. Interesting devil fruit powers. I liked how the holed mountains ended up really being skulls.
  • I can't stand Wapol. I get that he's supposed to be a comedy villain but I just find him irritating.
  • Choppers origin story was great. Pretty teary eyed towards the end of Drum Island. Dr. Kureha is kind of a bitch, though, even if she ultimately means well.
  • I didn't know Zoan-types usually have a three form limit and that Rumble Balls increase it.
  • Now halfway into Alabasta. Ace seems pretty cool.
So, I like Vivi even if she and Carue come off feeling like a filler characters. Do you guys think it was originally Oda's plan to make her a true crew member and then changed his mind? She's been with them for so long and even shows up in the eye-catches and Endings for the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom