• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr16| Here today, Gon for three years

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually haven't watched Cartoon Network at all this year.

Just toonami.

Apparently they've pushed the new episodes of Pokemon down to 7am on Saturdays.

Crocodile

HEY GUYS I WONDER HOW THE NEW POWERPUFF GIRLS IS GOING...

p9y1HH9.gif

KILL ME

This is one of those images that makes a person feel old and out of touch when they see it. I know that's how I feel right now :(

Also didn't the show just premier? They are already doing cross-overs?

At least SU and UG had a reason outside of CN. Sugar just happened to be a fan of UG.

Speaking of sad news (for some) UG and Wander over Yonder got one last season and they are done. We are counting down the episodes of WoY now.

McCraken can't catch a break.

I dunno, the few episodes of Wander over Yonder I've been able to catch didn't really do much for me. Maybe I got unlucky and caught bad ones? I can't say I'll be sad to see Uncle Grandpa go though I will admit the UG & SU crossover was better than I expected. Does anyone know when new SU episodes start up?

tumblr is shit except for shenanimation, inkerton, and various adult artists

Is this an artist or is this a term for some new sort of animation?

So, I like Vivi even if she and Carue come off feeling like a filler characters. Do you guys think it was originally Oda's plan to make her a true crew member and then changed his mind? She's been with them for so long and even shows up in the eye-catches and Endings for the show.

I don't she was ever intended to be a real crew member; she seems way too useless for that

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Vivi is considered a crew member by the rest of the crew that met her, and she's obviously going to come back at some point and be helpful. Her role in the story, however, is as a red herring to the eventual seventh crew member joining.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Man it is hard to find non-spoilery Hunter x Hunter gifs.

I ain't posting shit about it, though I'm probably reviewing episode one of the 1999 series around this time a week from now.

My review schedule in fact:

Today: SAO 22
Tomorrow:SAO 23, might do this one right at midnight to save me some time.
Tuesday: SAO 24
Wednesday: SAO 25
Thursday: SAO Extra Part Three, aka the new content.
Friday/Saturday: Who the fuck knows, I might do something here.
Sunday: HxH 1999, episode one.

Regiruler

Adult Swim is infecting Cartoon Network.

We have a duty as the stalwarts of sanity to maintain the proper status quo of animation.

Now if you'll excuse me, I will now go catch up on Parasyte and Naruto Shippuden.

Jarate

Banned
Meh, it's just American animation hit a gigantic wall of creativity basically and all american action cartoons are basically dead because no one knows how to sell action figures anymore

Comedy cartoons basically require 0 budget to produce

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
One Piece 45-100:

• Loguetown was cool. Lots of big story stuff revealed. Mysterious stuff.
  • I honestly didn't recognize Alvida even though it was obvious in hindsight.
  • Smoker seems pretty cool and I really like clumsy Tashigi.
  • I skipped the Apis episodes.
  • WTF at Laboon. That whole sequence was strange. Giant whale with doorways and stuff?
  • I also didn't recognize Vivi at first. I knew Miss Wednesday had the same hair but I only knew Vivi as a good guy so it was confusing when it was later revealed she was under cover.
  • Whiskey Peak was meh. Just some introductions. Luffy and Zoro's fight was pointless.
  • I did like learning about the Log Poses.
  • Coby mini-arc was meh. At least we got to meet Garp.
  • Little Garden was okay. Felt a little long-winded. Interesting devil fruit powers. I liked how the holed mountains ended up really being skulls.
  • I can't stand Wapol. I get that he's supposed to be a comedy villain but I just find him irritating.
  • Choppers origin story was great. Pretty teary eyed towards the end of Drum Island. Dr. Kureha is kind of a bitch, though, even if she ultimately means well.
  • I didn't know Zoan-types usually have a three form limit and that Rumble Balls increase it.
  • Now halfway into Alabasta. Ace seems pretty cool.
So, I like Vivi even if she and Carue come off feeling like a filler characters. Do you guys think it was originally Oda's plan to make her a true crew member and then changed his mind? She's been with them for so long and even shows up in the eye-catches and Endings for the show.

Vivi is awesome. Aweomse is Vivi.

Dunno why you think she comes off as filler.

Raxus

Meh, it's just American animation hit a gigantic wall of creativity basically and all american action cartoons are basically dead because no one knows how to sell action figures anymore

Comedy cartoons basically require 0 budget to produce

That and they draw a universal audience. Funny though considering IanJQ and Sugar draw heavily from shonen. Especially DBZ.

ckohler

Vivi is awesome. Aweomse is Vivi.

Dunno why you think she comes off as filler.

To elaborate, it's just that she feels a bit like a character inserted into an otherwise established cast like sometimes happens in anime movies. Especially early on. She's felt more like a rounded character the further I get into Alabasta. I do like her, it's just that for most of the time she's been around she seems like a third wheel.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I hate the fact I feel like I might have to admit defeat with not knowing why my laptop randomly will drop internet for a few seconds & might have to resort to taking it into a repair shop or something (or more annoyingly, "oh it was just this little quick fix" despite all my researching)......or making a thread on Off-Topic to ask TechGAF, but I can't bring myself to make a thread solely about my problems/questions.

It might also be time to replace my router (I think it's at least 5 years old) &/or my laptop (almost at 4 years old). It's weird because the random internet drops can either happen a ton or just not at all like yesterday, it didn't occur a single time while watching Toonami.

Why did they go to a whorehouse

I thought Jin was better than this
I'll tell you when you're older.

Seda

I hate the fact I feel like I might have to admit defeat with not knowing why my laptop randomly will drop internet for a few seconds & might have to resort to taking it into a repair shop or something (or more annoyingly, "oh it was just this little quick fix" despite all my researching)......or making a thread on Off-Topic to ask TechGAF, but I can't bring myself to make a thread solely about my problems/questions.

It might also be time to replace my router (I think it's at least 5 years old) &/or my laptop (almost at 4 years old). It's weird because the random internet drops can either happen a ton or just not at all like yesterday, it didn't occur a single time while watching Toonami.

Any chance you could, for now, just connect with ethernet to your router? Obviously that depends where your router is and where you watch Toonami.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Any chance you could, for now, just connect with ethernet to your router? Obviously that depends where your router is and where you watch Toonami.
It's upstairs in a closet, so no, it wouldn't work. Granted, I SHOULD actually test if it works via my LAN adapter, which would help determine if it's just my laptop's wi-fi adapter not working or if it's the router itself. Need to find a spare ethernet cable, though.

My friend's wife is able to get discounts from Dell (because her place of work is owned by the same corp or something, I guess), so I might look there for a new laptop if it has to come to just replacing everything. It just sucks because for the most part, save for hardware like my previous laptop's monitor's light burning out, I can usually fix any issues with my laptop.

but to get back on topic, there's something funny when characters do impressions of others, because it's a VA doing a character's voice doing an impression of ANOTHER VA's character. I got a good laugh of Mugen trying to do Jin because it's Steve Blum trying to do Kirk Thornton's voice.

...omg Thornton also did Shadow the Hedgehog & Don Patch in Bo-bobo.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Only Canadian dubs were good.

Gundam Wing, Zoids, Inuyasha, Black Lagoon (?), and I'm forgetting something else.

Gundam Seed, Death Note, G Gundam, Hamtaro, Ronin Warriors.]

Death Note, G Gundam, Black Lagoon are their best dubs in that order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom