• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr16| Here today, Gon for three years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
nami4hu47.gif

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Next week on Toonami:

8:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 66 - The Time for Reunification Has Come! Piccolo's Unshakeable Resolve!
12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 67 - Another Time Machine?! Bulma Uncovers a Mystery!
12:30 - Dimension W - 9 - The Key to Adrastea
1:00 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 2 - Test × of × Tests
1:30 - Samurai Champloo - 17 - Lullabies of the Lost (Verse 2)
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 109 - Counterattack of the Curse Mark
2:30 - One Piece - 343 - His Name is Moria! The Great Shadow-Seizing Pirate's Trap!
3:00 - Parasyte -the maxim- - 2 - The Devil in the Flesh

Later.

The beginning feels a bit more generic because it was written in an era where it's content was a lot more unique than it is now, but by the time the content of the manga got more modern, it's very far removed from the traditional shonen characteristics.
Does it take a while before we get to that point?

Hunter x Hunter 2011 moves pretty fast. Watched the 1999 version first and while I like the character development more in the first two arcs, later on you could tell they spread out events more and it seemed strain because at the time the show caught up on the manga.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Hunter X Hunter is like what if Brotherhood kept up its early pace for an entire years worth of shows give or take, then it slows down a bit.

Everything about this game sucks. An MMO with one objective? smh, would've steam refunded this shit right away.

Also, this voice acting is way too good for this writing. I'm kinda blown away.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I don't give a shit about Star Wars so that sounds bad to me too. Why not just play Battlefront 2 instead if you wanna play as a Jedi?

Plus as you'll find out
The final raid dungeon isn't even completed yet, the door is locked and the castle isn't even there, just Asuna's birdcage.

Rewatching SAO I can't agree more on the voice acting. It's the best cast, best acted, poorly written anime I've seen so far.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Blarg, internet's still out.....& for some damn reason, despite the fact it SAYS it recorded the shows, I'm not finding Champloo or One Piece on my DVR.

Edit: I am so annoyed right now. Had to work another night in a row, I STILL have no internet, then find out despite the fact Dish flat out says that I had it set to record & it was "done". I just wanted to come home, watch the other 2 shows & read along. Would anyone be so kind as to let me know what episode numbers of Champloo & One Piece aired? At least I'll have the entire day all to my self for the most part.....I think...I just hope my internet comes back when I wake up so I can actually watch them....

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Morning everyone. Pretty good night.

Dragon Ball Z Kai:
Prides shattered everywhere. Of course it doesn't help when Trunks' timeline meddling made these Androids even stronger. While Vegeta takes the loss "well", Piccolo decides to go try and fuse with Kami to become the SUPER Namekian. ... Except Kami is being stubborn and won't do it.

Dimension W:
Easter Island got weird. I'm not really sure what to say at this point, the show is just "meh".

Hunter x Hunter:
The journey begins. We meet Gon and his crazy talents, Kurapika and his revenge quest, and Leorio... being Leorio. We get a small glimpse at how crazy the world is and the intensity of the Hunter Exam, and it only gets crazier from here.
Just remember that this was written in 1998. So while it seems cliche now, a lot of this was cutting edge at the time.

Samurai Champloo:
Bonds broken again. Though this time things are much worse. Fuu nearly drowns, Jin gets in a revenge fight, and Mugen is being mistaken for a different criminal. Things never turn out well for our heroes do they?

Shippudezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

One Piece:
Luffy pushing the zombie back in the grave is still one of the greatest things ever. Only Luffy is brave and stupid enough to try that. We also see the ghosts from earlier can make people depressed.
Oh and the zombies seem to be genuine if Victoria Cindry walking around says anything.

Regiruler

The art in Naruto last night was so extra awful, jesus.

And I thought we might be on an increase in quality due to last week being above average.

Am I the only person who really enjoys dimension w? Perhaps its the fact I've watched every episode on my own without being part of the chat but I think its well done. Its not amazing but the world is fairly interesting, the action is always enjoyable, and the characters are fairly well written where I understand what motivates them.

Am I the only person who really enjoys dimension w? Perhaps its the fact I've watched every episode on my own without being part of the chat but I think its well done. Its not amazing but the world is fairly interesting, the action is always enjoyable, and the characters are fairly well written where I understand what motivates them.

I'm enjoying it but this recent arc has been losing me. It's got too much going on and it would be better off just focusing on the main cast and the prince than the shit about the bounty hunters and whatnot.

Regiruler

I was able to enjoy last night more by giving up on live chatting for W.

Crocodile

I don't think its actively bad or anything. It just feels really incoherent right now. Like a lot of narrative, character, stylistic and world-building elements all got thrown into a blender and are being poured over our heads (like I still don't get why there are legit cat-girls in this show now). I felt the first three episodes were pretty good all things considered but the Ghost Lake arc and this Easter Island arc just feel all over the place in a bad way.

Dimension W falls into the same predicament that Michiko and Hatchin and other shows fell into. It's more enjoyable when you watch it back-to-back instead of weekly.

Sonicbug

Dimension W is the latest victim of "We tried to cram 10 volumes of manga into 12 episodes of anime." Which explains why the pacing is so messed up. Japan really needs to stop doing that.

Seda

Some thread housekeeping:

It's no surprise some posters use unofficial streams to watch Toonami. For some, they don't have much a choice in the first place. Still, don't bring up these streams in the thread, even if you're just talking about it and not linking to one. Especially don't ask for links via PM in the thread. People have been banned for less.

Blarg, internet's still out.....& for some damn reason, despite the fact it SAYS it recorded the shows, I'm not finding Champloo or One Piece on my DVR.

Edit: I am so annoyed right now. Had to work another night in a row, I STILL have no internet, then find out despite the fact Dish flat out says that I had it set to record & it was "done". I just wanted to come home, watch the other 2 shows & read along. Would anyone be so kind as to let me know what episode numbers of Champloo & One Piece aired? At least I'll have the entire day all to my self for the most part.....I think...I just hope my internet comes back when I wake up so I can actually watch them....

Champloo - 16
One Piece - 342

She'd slam into the barrier presumably. But for whatever reason you can throw items down.

Oh, I didn't think there's a barrier there, since they justify not being able to reach the top of the world tree with "You can't fly for that long." Or was it fly that high? I really don't remember.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

I want to like Dimension W more than I actually do. It's just become really, really incoherent.

It also seems to be a series that is ostensibly based on quantum mechanics but doesn't seem to be willing to go whole hog on real technobabble, so it's all just magical anime babble instead.

Doesn't help that I've already seen a better, more coherent series with a similar conceit with regards to alternate dimensions and infinite possibilities that DOES actually embrace its basis in quantum theory.

fLEjqQv.jpg

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Oh, I didn't think there's a barrier there, since they justify not being able to reach the top of the world tree with "You can't fly for that long." Or was it fly that high? I really don't remember.

The barrier is up above the altitude limit that people tried to mess with by doing toadstool hops off of each other and the last person up took the blurry picture of Asuna.

The barrier is up above the altitude limit that people tried to mess with by doing toadstool hops off of each other and the last person up took the blurry picture of Asuna.

Then if the barrier is above where Asuna is being held (since the people were able to hop off each other and get to a level where they could take the picture), theoretically she could just jump off right?

Or wait, am I just not understanding this? This is super confusing.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Then if the barrier is above where Asuna is being held (since the people were able to hop off each other and get to a level where they could take the picture), theoretically she could just jump off right?

Or wait, am I just not understanding this? This is super confusing.

The answer is the show is fucking dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom