• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr16| Here today, Gon for three years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulflarz

Banned
Then if the barrier is above where Asuna is being held (since the people were able to hop off each other and get to a level where they could take the picture), theoretically she could just jump off right?

Or wait, am I just not understanding this? This is super confusing.

They added the barrier because people reached her, it's lower than she is.

The barrier is up above the altitude limit that people tried to mess with by doing toadstool hops off of each other and the last person up took the blurry picture of Asuna.

I just realized
what a contrivance, that people tried such a silly thing...you can land on tree branches and stuff probably to make that a lot more doable.
Add to this the fact that on a giant tree they happened to find the one place with Asuna, and ehh

and why are photos blurry
This isn't IRL, if you're using what I assume is an in game camera of sorts, she...shouldn't be blurry, right?

Zooming in a model doesn't make it blurrier if it was far away and now you're bringing it to fill your whole screen, if that makes any sense

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They added the barrier because of the rocket jumping. The final person got high enough to take a very far away picture of Asuna, which was zoomed in on.

Am I the only person who really enjoys dimension w? Perhaps its the fact I've watched every episode on my own without being part of the chat but I think its well done. Its not amazing but the world is fairly interesting, the action is always enjoyable, and the characters are fairly well written where I understand what motivates them.

I'm certainly not hating Dimension W - in fact, last night's episode kept my attention to the point where I was surprised it was already at the cliffhanger - but it feels like a show where you'll understand more when it's finished telling its story and all the pieces are in place, but I wonder if I'll care enough to go through it again.

Since I fell asleep during DBZ, got caught up on the block this morning. HxH was enjoyable (in fact, like Seda, I was really digging the soundtrack) - it felt very retro in ways like the style of the OP/ED - I'm always up for a shot of people running!

pn6o39.gif

One Piece still great - got a good laugh out of Luffy just calmly pushing the zombie back into the ground. I could use a break from Nami/Usopp/Chopper synchronized screaming though.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
This was the first episode of Dimension W that I felt was unfocused. I still like the show quite a bit.

Naruto Shippuden though. What a tire fire. Just makes OG Naruto's filler look impeccable by comparison. I've never been so disappointed in a show. It puts me to sleep in a way that Samurai Jack and season one of IGPX's sweet tunes could only dream of. I fall asleep or at least into a haze almost every week, rewatch the episode the next day and find that I've missed absolutely nothing because nothing happens.

Hunter x Hunter is such a good anime.

They added the barrier because people reached her, it's lower than she is.

They added the barrier because of the rocket jumping. The final person got high enough to take a very far away picture of Asuna, which was zoomed in on.

Oh I didn't know they put the barrier after the people almost reached her. At least that makes sense now.

And I'm also just gonna assume that even outside of the cage, she can't log out.

Some thread housekeeping:

It's no surprise some posters use unofficial streams to watch Toonami. For some, they don't have much a choice in the first place. Still, don't bring up these streams in the thread, even if you're just talking about it and not linking to one. Especially don't ask for links via PM in the thread. People have been banned for less.

Most of this is referring to me specifically isn't it?

I understand what you're saying though. I'll stop bringing it up.

Seda

Most of this is referring to me specifically isn't it?

I understand what you're saying though. I'll stop bringing it up.

You and i think I saw a few other mentions. I'm mostly just being cautious for my own sake.

When it comes to streams of TV (including sports and such), it's essentially: If you don't say anything, mods can't/won't do anything.

You and i think I saw a few other mentions. I'm mostly just being cautious for my own sake.

When it comes to streams of TV (including sports and such), it's essentially: If you don't say anything, mods can't/won't do anything.

Understandable. I'll make it a point not to bring it up again.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Champloo - 16
One Piece - 342
Thank you. My internet IS STILL down, so probably will have to watch tomorrow or so.

Need to figure out why Dish didn't record those shows. I think we upgraded just last year or so to HD Dish, so it shouldn't be due to age since the older DVR was replaced at the same time.

(I guess I'll clarify that whenever I mention/complain about a stream, I'm using the official one on the AS site)

Ross61

I never get people who don't like Freeza's Kai dub. Unless you're holding onto nostalgia, its almost the perfect voice for him.

Jarate

Banned
Anyone up for a guest appearance on the ToonamiGAF Podcast on Tuesday?

you know I'm always game B)

EVERYONE, QUIT BEING SO SHY, IT WAS A LOT OF FUN, AND YOU GET TO SHIT TALK MEMBERS WITH GREX, SEDA, & B-DUBS
this doesnt actually happen

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Anyone up for a guest appearance on the ToonamiGAF Podcast on Tuesday?
If my internet can actually work, I wouldn't mind. I try to volunteer on weeks I feel like I have enough of an opinion instead of just being quiet or "eeh, it was okay".

I'll have to test my bluetooth headset to see how well it picks up my voice since I mainly use them for listening.

BBboy20

Oh, I never actually stated my opinion HXH.

The first half seemed competent but the later half became a bit "jolly".

Entertained, to say, at least.

Also, did Capcom ever mention HXH being an inspiration for Monster Hunter?

Regiruler

I want to like Dimension W more than I actually do. It's just become really, really incoherent.

It also seems to be a series that is ostensibly based on quantum mechanics but doesn't seem to be willing to go whole hog on real technobabble, so it's all just magical anime babble instead.

Doesn't help that I've already seen a better, more coherent series with a similar conceit with regards to alternate dimensions and infinite possibilities that DOES actually embrace its basis in quantum theory.

fLEjqQv.jpg
Just ignore that and like it for its animation, music, and art direction like I do.
I'll do it to spite B-Dubs
No idea what I just agreed to
I have no idea what I'm signing up for but spiting B dubs is always a worthy cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom