• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr16| Here today, Gon for three years

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
What did I ever do to you guys?

759.gif

I'm slightly saddened to hear that there's no Toonami panel at Momocon this year. :(
Not that it was any more worth of value than an on air announcement of new shows or whatever but it was a convenient excuse to meet up with some of you guys and hang out. Oh well, maybe next year. :(

zulux21

I've never been to a con.

I've always considered going, but I get too nervous in crowds.

i've been to a few. Anime Central back in 2007, and now I pretty much only go to my local con Geek.kon.

while it was nice to see a lot of big players in the industry at ACEN I much prefer the local con because it has far less people there. They still manage to get a few players from the industry and due to the much smaller crowds I get the chance to ask multiple questions from the guests and often have an opportunity to talk with them one on one for a bit after stuff if I want.

I would recommend seeing if there is a smaller local con hosted by a university or something near you.

ooh I just saw Jerry Jewell was confirmed for my con again. He is fun when he has a good other person to talk with, though I hope he doesn't drink as much as he did last time as he was clearly drunk by the end of the second day :p

i've been to a few. Anime Central back in 2007, and now I pretty much only go to my local con Geek.kon.

while it was nice to see a lot of big players in the industry at ACEN I much prefer the local con because it has far less people there. They still manage to get a few players from the industry and due to the much smaller crowds I get the chance to ask multiple questions from the guests and often have an opportunity to talk with them one on one for a bit after stuff if I want.

I would recommend seeing if there is a smaller local con hosted by a university or something near you.

ooh I just saw Jerry Jewell was confirmed for my con again. He is fun when he has a good other person to talk with, though I hope he doesn't drink as much as he did last time as he was clearly drunk by the end of the second day :p

My town is too small for a local con here. My best bet for one finding one close is about a 2 hour drive away.

Line_HTX

Bring Serial Experiments Lain to Toonami, because the opening lyrics are stuck in my head at the moment with flooding everywhere here.

I am drowning~

Dragon Ball Z: Yo! Son Goku and his Friends Return!

Dragon_Ball_-_Yo_Son_Goku_and_His_Friends_Return_x264mp4_snapshot_3037_20101208_203624.jpg

Yamcha and Krillin wore their Gi under their regular outfits. Talk about being crazy prepared.

I don't have much to say on this one. It's enjoyable but insubstantial. The character interactions were good, the animation was nice (if paler than usual), and the fight between Goten, Trunks and Abocabo was decent, even if it was basically going through the motions. Also Vegeta has a brother named Tarble, because... Vegetable.

TUSR

Banned
Sorry, what does coop mean?

work term during the summer

Co-ops are traditionally full-time, paid positions.
usually id work for an engineering firm or a fabrication facility

example: im a CWB (canadian welding bureau) inspector, and some of my previous coop terms were inspecting->quality control->project management.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Finally watching Champloo.

"Still horny, but at least he's got food"

omg these singing guys. DUDE'S SO HANDSOME, BITCHES WANNA PANTS HIM. What number do I have to dial in order to buy these guys' album, this is hilarious. The VAs must've had so much damn fun singing.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
haha, this argument. "take that back...that four-eyed comment".

Well crap, everyone splitting up again. Even the flying squirrel wants out of this.

Yeeesss, "World Without Words", such a chill song. Love listening to the full version while at work.

It's Yukimaru from Girls Bravo!
Hahahaha, seriously? This dude that Jin's fighting? I never would've guessed.

Oh snap, Fuu backstory.....but this sounds really different with your eyes closed....

Music's been great this episode.

Mugen's been mistaken & we end on a cliffhanger for a battle.

Pretty good episode, I feel like over the last few weeks, we've finally hit Champloo's stride and it's starting to have its own identity, no longer being "this feels like a Bebop plot" or "they did this plot or trope already".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom