• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr16| Here today, Gon for three years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh right, I should've said "Brotherhood" since I'm sure the newer series will cover stuff the older series didn't. Sounds like that's a better comparison instead of "Kai".

But wow, my comment about "I feel like this could've easily been stretched out to 3 episodes in the wrong hands" turned out to have some truth considering the older series did just that.

Let me just say that, as someone unfamiliar with the manga and original series, I didn't feel like the first episode last week was obviously 'rushing' or anything like that.
Agreed, it had a great pace to it, especially when compared to other shows, but I'm sure everyone's heard me praise the pacing by now. I'm just glad to have a long-running shonen that (hopefully) won't feel like it has its slower moments or make me go "okay, I'm content with this arc, can we finish up & move on".

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
To explain how this works, going off of memory:
Episode 1: Gon tries to convince his aunt to let him take the Hunter Exam, we learn some backstory, Gon is allowed to go only if he can catch the King of the Lake (fish), he does, end of episode.
Episode 2: Gon encounters Leorio and Kurapika in town before getting on the boat, shenanigans, they meet again on the boat.
Episode 3: Stuff happens on the boat.

Gon actually only met Leorio in town. They didn't meet Kurapika until the next episode on the boat.

Episode 1 also had a ton of other stuff with Gon with some animal buddies around his home in which he also met a Hunter named Kite. (This is actually important stuff that the 2011 series skipped.)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Did you try the whole "https to http" thing in the URL? I think someone mentioned it, but that's what happened to me at one point.

zulux21

Only toonami-gaf members are reporting this problem?

Coincidence?

Almost certainly.

there is a thread about it with no answers from anyone at neogaf, but it is where I managed to get to on my tablet to see to install a VPN so I can talk to people on neogaf again.

I expect Gaf to go down at some point later tonight. I get the feeling whatever issue the site is having won't be entirely resolved until tomorrow.

Moaradin

Certainly heard enough grumbling about a certain arc to know that Shonen Pacing does hit this show hard.

That arc certainly slows down a lot for reasons but definitely not because of shonen pacing. That entire arc is like the most anti-shonen thing ever.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
DEs89k4.gif

Soulflarz

Banned
No literally I went to do the weekly stuff in KHUX while I autobattled

I was like level 27
I'm 33s/34/35 and have 48000
and I'm in chapter 2
That probably broke the game for a bit <_>

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, another Capsule Corp time machine pops up because people can't seem to get enough of fucking with the spacetime continuum, Kyouma and Mira close in on Ground Zero, Gon, Kurapika, and Leorio find themselves thrust into the Hunter Exam even sooner than expected as just finding the right way to go is a riddle unto itself, the police close in on Okuru while Jin is forced to duel the boy he considered a brother, Rinji's men learn about the side effects of Orochimaru's curse seal, the Straw Hats learn the identity of the true master of Thriller Bark, and Shinichi gets used to life with Migi.

8:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 66 - The Time for Reunification Has Come! Piccolo's Unshakeable Resolve!
12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 67 - Another Time Machine?! Bulma Uncovers a Mystery!
12:30 - Dimension W - 9 - The Key to Adrastea
1:00 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 2 - Test × of × Tests
1:30 - Samurai Champloo - 17 - Lullabies of the Lost (Verse 2)
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 109 - Counterattack of the Curse Mark
2:30 - One Piece - 343 - His Name is Moria! The Great Shadow-Seizing Pirate's Trap!
3:00 - Parasyte -the maxim- - 2 - The Devil in the Flesh

I've had no problems for a while now. We should be good for tonight.

On a side note, I might stick around for One Piece and Ninja's faffing about for 30 minutes tonight since I'm done my studies. Are this week's episodes any good (or less shitty in Naruto's case)?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
No literally I went to do the weekly stuff in KHUX while I autobattled

I was like level 27
I'm 33s/34/35 and have 48000
and I'm in chapter 2
That probably broke the game for a bit <_>

I'm around level 50 and not much further. You can always just...turn off exp gain. I never do.

Soulflarz

Banned
I'm around level 50 and not much further. You can always just...turn off exp gain. I never do.

Yeaah
I got the ranger for exp glitch
reloading quickly, realized how much I need a black mage <__>
edit: rip, locked in, AUTOSAAAAVEE

but yeah not too worried, even sorcerer will be OP the whole way

I'm not home right now, at some fighting game major tournament. I'll check and see when I get back before Toonami.

Oh cool. Remember, be like Dio. Punch, then twist your thumb into your opponent's eye. In the heat of the fight, no one will notice.

...Oh, you meant a fighting game tournament.

...Nevermind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom