• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr16| Here today, Gon for three years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Star Fox Zero is a lot of fun though I can see how some are going to be turned off due to the motion controls. I got used to them pretty quickly and love the added accuracy they allow. Only wonky part is when the game forces the cinematic view and you're forced to go to the cockpit view though I'm sure I'll get used to it.
Same here. It's honestly fine for the most part (it's much better for the Walker because you have control over the movement instead of constantly moving), but yeah, when you do that lock-on in All-Range Mode, that's when it's the most wonky. But otherwise, I'm slowly getting the hang of it, now that I see it as "you don't have to move in front of the actual enemy to move the cursor as well, so you could dodge & aim at the same time."

Mizerman

Star Fox Zero is a lot of fun though I can see how some are going to be turned off due to the motion controls. I got used to them pretty quickly and love the added accuracy they allow. Only wonky part is when the game forces the cinematic view and you're forced to go to the cockpit view though I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Yeah, I still gotta pick up the game. Maybe tomorrow.

One day you'll wake up and put an anime avatar on and realize what you've been missing all your GAF life.

Never!

I've been meaning to find a new avatar for myself but I haven't gotten around to actually searching for one I like. Maybe I should do that tomorrow.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Speaking about openings, this current One Piece opening is going to be the longest one for quite awhile, though there is one coming up in a few years that could last...a long, long time.

Seda

Speaking about openings, this current One Piece opening is going to be the longest one for quite awhile, though there is one coming up in a few years that could last...a long, long time.

Because Funimation has to skip an opening due to rights...right

Also I doubt I'll ever change my icon at this point

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Haven't had time to figure out how to change up my avatar or make a "new" version of it while making it fit my tag. Should look into upcoming games & such that I wanna play & decide what would make for a good edit of my current avatar or my other one that I used.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Because Funimation has to skip an opening due to rights...right

Also I doubt I'll ever change my icon at this point

Even without the skip its the longest opening span I believe at 73 episodes. Skipping that opening only adds another 27 episodes to the list making it EXACTLY 100 episodes.

Josh5890

I played the training mode and first level, but I stopped after that because college reasons. No doubt that Star Fox is back.

3De0PtL.gif

The Ace Attorney anime continues the QUALITY anime fans demand in their adaptations.

Can't wait for the new Danganronpa anime.

Then we can all experience maximum despair.

BBboy20

Yeah, I can now see that as an advantage and maybe helpful if you can bind the Cockpit button one of the upper buttons so you can switch views without needing to look down.

Yeah, I can now see that as an advantage and maybe helpful if you can bind the Cockpit button one of the upper buttons so you can switch views without needing to look down.

Thats what the minus button does, its not a shoulder button but its also not that far out of reach that I had trouble hitting it

BBboy20

Thats what the minus button does, its not a shoulder button but its also not that far out of reach that I had trouble hitting it
Which is why I said that because even trying to reach down your thumb seems a bit much when in combat.

Why devs keep insisting on being strict on button layouts in 2016 is still puzzling.

Seda

Just to be clear, I haven't been in contact with the mod team for months, so I don't know anything about the incorporation of https, other security changes, troubleshooting, or anything on this front.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm not even a big fan of the original show but...
Fuck you Cartoon Network.
I saw someone mention that 2nd pic, so I had to look it up.

Man, just....wtf happened. It must suck for fans who liked the original show, which was entertaining enough. I still love the fact they got away with certain jokes, like the Professor saying he accidentally created the girls to their new friend & their friend responds with "that's okay, I was created by accident too!" with the Professor in shock.

Soulflarz

Banned
4 day old thing

I just saw them post in a thread, oh god

So
Whats the rule of passive aggressiveness towards irl people who end up on GAF by sheer luck :V

I'm just a little frustrated that I can't use the site on both Firefox and Chrome.

Who do I tweet about this?

T__T

Kamiya, it'll probably get more publicity than directly tweeting a staff member here.
edit: this wasn't serious, pls don't bother Kamiya

TUSR

Banned
kamiya will just block you and call you an idiot

pretty sure he takes an hour out of his daily life to condemn people online

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh yeah, so I've been meaning to ask. Is the newer HxH anime meant to be a "Kai" version from the original series back in the late '90s? I couldn't help but wonder how the first episode of the newer series compared to the original anime.

Concerning how to get GAF working on non-mobile, you have to clear your cache and then go to NeoGAF with an HTTP address instead of HTTPS.

As for Hunter X Hunter, it's definitely far more compressed than the original (for the first arc), but a better comparison would be to Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. There are aspects of the beginning that are better handled by the original. particularly due to the more relaxed pace, but the new anime actually covers later events that the original couldn't.

As for PPG, the reactions to the memes appear to be covering up the actual issues with the show that wouldn't be so easily fixed by future episodes, such as the action and general animation having nowhere near the energy of the original--partially because it decided to go with smoother animation instead of the quick cuts with dynamic poses of the original.

Seda

Let me just say that, as someone unfamiliar with the manga and original series, I didn't feel like the first episode last week was obviously 'rushing' or anything like that.

Raxus

Let me just say that, as someone unfamiliar with the manga and original series, I didn't feel like the first episode last week was obviously 'rushing' or anything like that.

Except for RARE exceptions, you will likely not notice many pacing issues with HxH.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Oh yeah, so I've been meaning to ask. Is the newer HxH anime meant to be a "Kai" version from the original series back in the late '90s? I couldn't help but wonder how the first episode of the newer series compared to the original anime.

It's more of a "Brotherhood" version of the original series.

Episode 1 last week covered roughly the same material as episodes 1-3 of the original show.

It's more of a "Brotherhood" version of the original series.

Episode 1 last week covered roughly the same material as episodes 1-3 of the original show.

To explain how this works, going off of memory:
Episode 1: Gon tries to convince his aunt to let him take the Hunter Exam, we learn some backstory, Gon is allowed to go only if he can catch the King of the Lake (fish), he does, end of episode.
Episode 2: Gon encounters Leorio and Kurapika in town before getting on the boat, shenanigans, they meet again on the boat.
Episode 3: Stuff happens on the boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom