• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr16| Here today, Gon for three years

Status
Not open for further replies.
I look back at all the One Piece arcs that seemed so big and daunting to me like Baroque Works and Skypiea and I laugh. Nothing compared to the arcs in the future.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One thing I don't get about Family Guy, whenever someone falls on their face, their arm twists behind them. Who does that?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
One thing I don't get about Family Guy, whenever someone falls on their face, their arm twists behind them. Who does that?
Characters in ragdoll physics games like GTA & Bethesda titles.

Also to those who got the TOM pin in the mail, did you get an email about that compared to those who also got the shirt?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
One Piece 31-44:

Amazing. Best arc so far. I absolutely love how this series has so many strange little details, like the pinwheel on Genzo's hat, that seem completely arbitrary but then come back in really big ways. Oda is such a master of foreshadowing. I'm not someone who's typically moved to tears when watching something but I absolutely had some rolling down my face during this arc.

giphy.gif

My only complaint would be how Luffy's stupidity kept making the situation worse. However, I can't really complain in the end when he fearlessly comes through for his friends like he does. I simply adored Nami's backstory.

Dunno if you were watching it in English or japanese, but Akemi Okamura really knocked it out of the park with that stabbing scene.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKSEudBf2-M

Also: you now realize that Luffy didn't learn anything about nami's backstory until he saw her room. His entire problem with Arlong was that she made Nami cry.

Zoro is a badass (15:08)

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
You had it red though!

Episode 1s always get red.

This was the premiere of Space Dandy:

11:30 - Space Dandy - 1 - Live With the Flow, Baby
12:00 - Bleach - 326 - The Two Hinamoris, Hitsugaya's Resolution
12:30 - Naruto Shippuden - 1 - Homecoming
1:00 - One Piece - 235 - Big Fight Under the Moon! The Pirate Flag Flutters With Sorrow!
1:30 - Soul Eater - 41 - Twirl 'Round and 'Round – A New World in Which the Doc Dances?
2:00 - Sword Art Online - 19 - The Legrue Corridor
2:30 - FLCL - 3 - Marquis de Carabas
3:00 - Naruto - 1 - Enter: Naruto Uzumaki!
3:30 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 59 - Lost Light
4:00 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 10 - JUNGLE CRUISE
4:30 - IGPX - 10 - Showdown
5:00 - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 20 - Innocents of Ryloth
5:30 - Inuyasha - 119 - Divine Malice of the Saint

January 4, 2014

Episode 1s always get red.

This was the premiere of Space Dandy:

11:30 - Space Dandy - 1 - Live With the Flow, Baby
12:00 - Bleach - 326 - The Two Hinamoris, Hitsugaya's Resolution
12:30 - Naruto Shippuden - 1 - Homecoming
1:00 - One Piece - 235 - Big Fight Under the Moon! The Pirate Flag Flutters With Sorrow!
1:30 - Soul Eater - 41 - Twirl 'Round and 'Round – A New World in Which the Doc Dances?
2:00 - Sword Art Online - 19 - The Legrue Corridor
2:30 - FLCL - 3 - Marquis de Carabas
3:00 - Naruto - 1 - Enter: Naruto Uzumaki!
3:30 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 59 - Lost Light
4:00 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 10 - JUNGLE CRUISE
4:30 - IGPX - 10 - Showdown
5:00 - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 20 - Innocents of Ryloth
5:30 - Inuyasha - 119 - Divine Malice of the Saint

January 4, 2014

Man, that was some line up we had. Lot of good shows. I miss it.

Jarate

Banned
That Quantam Break ad...

Can we stop gaming commercials from using "mainstream song from 20 years ago done by someone who wants to whisper into the mic with way too loud drums/piano/acoustic guitar"?

BatDan

I dont understand this family guy episode, its not funny.

Are you familiar with the story of the Nativity? The birth of Christ?
It's that, but with a bunch of terrible crude jokes.
It's like the Season 10 Simpsons episode where they reenact Bible stories, only waaaaaaaaay worse.

Jarate

Banned
There's is literally nothing lazier in the world then

HEY LET'S TAKE THIS STORY B UT PUT OUR CHARACTERS IN IT

like these arent jokes

BatDan

Serious question, are there any Family Guy episodes after And Then There Were Fewer that a lot of people liked?

Back to the Pilot wasn't horrid.
Also, that episode you listed is nearly 6 years old. It's amazing how time passes when Zombie Guy just shambles along.

Back to the Pilot wasn't horrid.
Also, that episode you listed is nearly 6 years old. It's amazing how time passes when Zombie Guy just shambles along.

Oh yeah, Back to the Pilot was decent. Probably could have been better if they had chosen a different event to joke about.

The fact that the episode I mentioned is six years old means that I'm either really out of the loop or FG has been shite for too long.

Jarate

Banned
You mean like Toriyama did with Journey to the West & Dragonball?

Dragonball is more of a reference point to Journey to the West as opposed to a retelling or anything similar to what im talking about. Also, Dragonball wasn't anything before Dragonball, Goku never existed.

Im talking about this episode of Family Guy, actually Family Guy does this a whole lot, were the joke isn;t even a joke it's just, "how will this character react too being in this situation another person was in" it's super lazy

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
WHAT

DID I JUST HEAR HATSUNE MIKU USED AS A BACKGROUND TUNE FOR A CELLPHONE?!?!

LEKKA POLKA OR WHATEVER

Skipping out on the first hour and a half of toonami, gotta watch the last three episodes of Gravity Falls...geez I love this series.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, that cellphone commercial had the Hatsune Miku version of Levan Polka.

What the hell, did I travel to Japan, what bizarro universe is this?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom