• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr16| Here today, Gon for three years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I remember while watching it, I felt like it was a '90s artstyle made with 2000s technology, which makes it look really off. Like they didn't factor in the fact the style wouldn't look good with digital coloring & such.

Mizerman

I remember while watching it, I felt like it was a '90s artstyle made with 2000s technology, which makes it look really off. Like they didn't factor in the fact the style wouldn't look good with digital coloring & such.

Basically, they didn't put enough effort into it.

Jarate

Banned
So it's one of GXP's stronger points then?

GXP's strongest points are in its sci fi ideas. There's a lot of neat ideas in it, and also heavily based off of 70's scifi which I really do enjoy quite a lot, although that has died down considerably

The first episode was pretty well animated, and sometimes I do chuckle at some of the slapstick they have as I am also a fan of slapstick comedy (a lost art in america)

Ummm, but yeah, its dub is pretrty mediocre, gotta give credit to the actors, I can't imagine being a female actor for this show, but they somewhat well, but there's definately some awkwardness

GXP is one of those shows that I remember very little of in specifics but do remember that I didn't like it.

How's that OVA series that came out a while back BTW? Is it any good? Or does Tenchi continue its streak of bad/mediocre shows.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
GXP is one of those shows that I remember very little of in specifics but do remember that I didn't like it.

How's that OVA series that came out a while back BTW? Is it any good? Or does Tenchi continue its streak of bad/mediocre shows.

Tenchi shows gets unilaterally worse as they release. Tenchi Ova>Tenchi Universe>Tenchi in Tokyo>Pretty Girl Sasami>GXP>OVA3>War in Geminar>Ai

Especially in the art department. The gap is widest between Tokyo and Pretty Girl Sasami. The last truly good Tenchi product in Universe.

Tenchi shows gets unilaterally worse as they release. Tenchi Ova>Tenchi Universe>Tenchi in Tokyo>Pretty Girl Sasami>GXP>OVA3>War in Geminar>Ai

Especially in the art department. The gap is widest between Tokyo and Pretty Girl Sasami. The last truly good Tenchi product in Universe.

You missed the Pretty Sammy OVA and Magical Project S.
I actually have part two of Project S...hmm

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Disagree. Daughter of Darkness wasn't that good if only because it needed an extra 40 minutes to tell the story it wanted.

Yeah but look at what I'm comparing it to. Everything after Universe is some form of hot garbage. Each show inexplicably looks worse than the one before it. It's like some Benjamin Button shit. Not to mention the writing.

Jarate

Banned
I mean, there's only so many times you can rehash the same plot points and same general genre points all the time.

It also doesnt help that Harem shows literally go by the same beat.

Yeah but look at what I'm comparing it to. Everything after Universe is some form of hot garbage. Each show inexplicably looks worse than the one before it. It's like some Benjamin Button shit. Not to mention the writing.

Well if you compare a slightly old sandwich to a piles of maure, then yeah, the slightly old sandwich is going to look amazing. By itself though, you're probably not going to want to eat the slightly old sandwich if you have other options.

I mean, there's only so many times you can rehash the same plot points and same general genre points all the time.

It also doesnt help that Harem shows literally go by the same beat.

IIRC, the manga actually had different plot points that could be interesting. Problem is that I don't think they'll ever adapt it for an anime.

The decision to air GXP on modern Toonami is probably the most baffling decision the Toonami team has made.

Did no one stop and ask "Hey....do people still like Tenchi Muyo? I mean this show looks pretty old. There's not much action. It makes references people won't understand."

The decision to air GXP on modern Toonami is probably the most baffling decision the Toonami team has made.

Did no one stop and ask "Hey....do people still like Tenchi Muyo? I mean this show looks pretty old. There's not much action. It makes references people won't understand."

I think the bigger question is "Do people want to watch a crap show?"

Jarate

Banned
Should I watch another episode of Tenchi

I also found 4 hard ciders in my fridge that were hidden, so now I can drink away the pain

Regiruler

lCRsGSG.gif

He said good shows

fuck slowpoking, that's what I get for ignoring this tab
regi never replied to me last night :<

Wait what?
Was it a miitomo question? I don't think I got any person to persons from you, just one from shin (edit, make that two from shin, I skipped one).

EDIT: Oh you meant the "you have a problem"? Dude you complain about your schoolwork in every other miitomo response.

Regiruler

The schedule this week two years ago.

11:30 - Space Dandy - 1 - Live With the Flow, Baby
12:00 - Bleach - 339 - Protect Ichigo! The Bonds of Friends!
12:30 - Naruto Shippuden - 14 - Naruto's Growth
1:00 - One Piece - 248 - Franky's Past! The Day the Sea Train First Ran!
1:30 - Blue Exorcist - 7 - A Flock of Plovers
2:00 - Black Lagoon - 3 - Ring-Ding Ship Chase
2:30 - Naruto - 14 - The Number One Hyperactive, Knucklehead Ninja Joins the Fight!!
3:00 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 22 - SCANDAL
3:30 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 7 - Hidden Truths
4:00 - Samurai Jack - 10 - Jack and the Lava Monster
4:30 - IGPX - 23 - Fate
5:00 - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 33 - Lightsaber Lost
5:30 - Sym-Bionic Titan - 5 - Roar of the White Dragon

and yes, that was the premiere of Space Dandy.
God almighty we were in enie's lobby two years ago?

ckohler

One Piece 31-44:

Amazing. Best arc so far. I absolutely love how this series has so many strange little details, like the pinwheel on Genzo's hat, that seem completely arbitrary but then come back in really big ways. Oda is such a master of foreshadowing. I'm not someone who's typically moved to tears when watching something but I absolutely had some rolling down my face during this arc.

giphy.gif

My only complaint would be how Luffy's stupidity kept making the situation worse. However, I can't really complain in the end when he fearlessly comes through for his friends like he does. I simply adored Nami's backstory.

Jarate

Banned
I only use miitomo to spam peoples in boxes with æ repeated over and over again

since you're allowed only 170 characters per post, and it takes you mii about 1-2 seconds to say, I can spam people with 3 or 4 minute annoying voice clips

it's like im really playing Moonbase alpha

ckohler

They purposely nerf Luffy and Zoro before they fight anyone in the east blue.

I don't blame them. While the Straw Hats no doubt get stronger as the story goes on, this at least makes their early villains weaker power levels make more sense in the overall story.

Regiruler

>19 answers
>2 about school, 1 with school in a list with other things

Yeah, I'm not quite to sure what you're going on about.

Okay I'm exaggerating a little.
I only use miitomo to spam peoples in boxes with æ repeated over and over again

since you're allowed only 170 characters per post, and it takes you mii about 1-2 seconds to say, I can spam people with 3 or 4 minute annoying voice clips

it's like im really playing Moonbase alpha

Making a mental note to never add you.
tfw Taro Yoko is your friend on miitomo cuz you friend requested him early before all the other friend requests.

I wonder if some brave soul will ask kamiya.

Seda

One Piece 31-44:

Amazing. Best arc so far. I absolutely love how this series has so many strange little details, like the pinwheel on Genzo's hat, that seem completely arbitrary but then come back in really big ways. Oda is such a master of foreshadowing. I'm not someone who's typically moved to tears when watching something but I absolutely had some rolling down my face during this arc.

giphy.gif

My only complaint would be how Luffy's stupidity kept making the situation worse. However, I can't really complain in the end when he fearlessly comes through for his friends like he does. I simply adored Nami's backstory.

Arlong Park is pretty amazing.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Arlong Park is where One Piece really becomes One Piece.

The prior arcs are alright, but AP is what sets the tone for a lot of the manga.

... what the fuck @ this episode

Ah yes, this is the one where Meg attempts to drug Chris so this gay guy she likes can have his way with him without either knowing.

Baratie does a good job of leading into Arlong Park and establishing the insane characters and trials to come in the future.
Halfway through that arc Nami bails with the Merry, Zoro is gravely injured (which also plays a role in Arlong Park), and Johny and Yosaku become the first tag-along side characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom