• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr16| Here today, Gon for three years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
EcjkTw5.gif

A.Z is worse than 00 Season 2, Destiny, or Age.

Aldnoah.Zero feels like it was supposed to be a parody of every terrible overused mecha trope, but someone lost the part of the script that explicitly stated that.

Despite that, words can't convey just how boring Aldnoah.Zero is. I think SAO, while more offensive, is a better show than Aldnoah.Zero.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
NARUTO - EPISODE FIFTY FOUR: The Summoning Jutsu, Wisdom of the Toad Sage!

NEW OPENING, OPENING THREE! Here!

Gaara is a night person. In the battle of Sound versus Sand.

hoFZBiM.gif

Sand wins. Also he's apparently a werewolf. Also Ninja Info Cards is talking to Baki while Chunin exam ref watches on. Sound guy was expendable. Kabuto failed capturing the Sauce. Sound and Sand are in an alliance against the leaf! Ref is DEAD, Baki killed the hell out of him.

Jiraya is perving on some girls playing below a waterfall. Jiraya's dub VA is the best. Naruko appears and asks real nicely to get trained...and it works. Naruto has two chakras, one blue (his) one red (fox that no one tells Naruto about because they are assholes) and Jiraya wants him to build up the red stuff instead. Doesn't work, not talented enough.

He needs Danger for his limit break chakra. Naruto complains, but J-man sets him straight. You need the good stuff on tap to use his greatest weapon! Don't train like those other weaklings, use your strength to its full potential! Jiraya is the only good teacher in this show.

Summon some FROGS. Contract in BLOOD. Use up all your blue weak ass shit Naruto with some clones.

sXvxPFd.gif

In a NARUTO BATTLE ROYALE. This episode owns. Naruto wins. Toad is summoned. Contract is signed in blood. Handsigns are made and quickly forgotten. Naruto summons a tadpole. Hayate the protector is super dead and his girlfriend finds him!

Ending...has not changed! Yet!

I know he was just a dumb mook in the Naruto universe, but I was kind of salty regarding how they killed off Dosu.

I always thought he had a cool design.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I know he was just a dumb mook in the Naruto universe, but I was kind of salty regarding how they killed off Dosu.

Dosu picked a bad fight. Also apparently the tailed beast inside Gaara is powered up by the full moon.

Mizerman

That and he realized that sipping on the Orochimaru kool aid wasn't gonna work. Of course, picking a fight with Gaara...

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I mean, he started a brand new arc with that final episode, so he owes everyone a finish dammit, lol.

It has potential to be a hilarious OT though.

Oh, I could make it happen, we just need participants on the experiment, lol.

Spring Anime thread is already a let's watch trash anime thread, only in community.

Cornbread78

Spring Anime thread is already a let's watch trash anime thread, only in community.

There's actually a few good non-trashy shows this season like:

MHA
JoJo
ReZero
The Lost Village
Twin Star Exorcists
Bungou Stray Dogs
Flying Witch
Tanaka-Kun
Swagamoto

Those are all definitely not "trashy"

I won't even mention the others that may be trashy right now.

zulux21

I'm thinking if it's not MHA then it has to be a Viz/Aniplex show. My money is on Tiger & Bunny (as I will continue betting on until it happens) or an Aniplex show we haven't gotten on Toonami yet.

Tiger and bunny was a surprisingly good show.
though I imagine a lot of people will get turned off by the art design.

zulux21

?

Art and character design on Tiger & Bunny is super Western friendly. I don't know why a lot of people would have issues with it.

a ton of people I know refused to watch it because of how it looked. I eventually made them watch it and they enjoyed it, but still hated how it looked.

JoJo, MHA, and Re:Zero are all pretty good

though Re:Zero could be considered Trashy depending on how you define Trashy :p

Line_HTX

There's actually a few good non-trashy shows this season like:

MHA
JoJo
ReZero
The Lost Village
Twin Star Exorcists
Bungou Stray Dogs
Flying Witch
Tanaka-Kun
Swagamoto

Those are all definitely not "trashy"

I won't even mention the others that may be trashy right now.

Re Zero is getting good. I'm surprised.

I haven't seen Twin Star and Stray Dogs yet.

zulux21

Re Zero is getting good. I'm surprised.

I haven't seen Twin Star and Stray Dogs yet.

twin star is.... okay?
it might get better, I hear the manga is a lot better than the anime.
would much rather see Kekkaishi or Mago get some toonami love than twin star though.

stray dogs.. was watchable? I need to watch more but the first episode wasn't impressive.

Cornbread78

They ate all above trash level for sure. Good or bad is very subjective and nobody ever agrees universally because your favorite anime is always shit, etc etc...

twin star is.... okay?
it might get better, I hear the manga is a lot better than the anime.
would much rather see Kekkaishi or Mago get some toonami love than twin star though.

stray dogs.. was watchable? I need to watch more but the first episode wasn't impressive.

Oh and Twin Star Exorcists should definitely be right on Toonami's radar in the future, but we are on ep.4 of what is believed to be a 4 cour show.

I like it a lot, especially today's episode.

Stray Dogs is ok, nothing great, but it's above the trash line.

zulux21

They ate all above trash level for sure. Good or bad is very subjective and nobody ever agrees universally because your favorite anime is always shit, etc etc...

Oh and Twin Star Exorcists should definitely be right on Toonami's radar in the future, but we are on ep.4 of what is believed to be a 4 cour show.

Stray Dogs is ok, nothing great, but it's above the trash line.

to be fair again it depends on how you define trashy. if you use it merely as a quality level for things above it are an enjoyable watch all of those should clear it. if you use it to signify shows that have disagreeable elements such as random focuses on boobs or scantly clad little girls, at least one of those shows will fail that check.

you can Felt it in your heart and know it is true.

I still have to watch today's episode of exorcists. Also I should note Re:zero is currently my favorite show of the anime year :p

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods

dragon-ball-z-battle-of-gods-dbz_bog_con_feature_hd377_rgb.jpg

Super Saiyan Red never really caught on did it?

So Battle of Gods is a pretty fun watch. In fact, it might be my favourite DBZ film. Unlike previous DBZ films, it expands upon the story (helps that it's canon) and has some actual character development, particularly with Goku and Vegeta. The fight scenes are well animated and choreographed. The fight between Goku and Beerus in particular stands out in that regard.
Helps that Goku winning is not a foregone conclusion and that he does indeed lose.

Yet the thing is, perhaps BoG's greatest strength not the fighting sequences but rather its character interactions, its comedic moments and the villains. The character interactions and comedic moments generally go hand in hand and compliment one another. Standouts include Piccolo getting mad over bingo and Vegeta's song and dance.

And then there's the villains. What is usually the weakest aspect of a DBZ film (with exceptions like Turles) is perhaps the strongest aspect of the movie. Beerus is just a blast to watch and Whis is fun to watch in his own right. I'm looking forward to seeing them when Super is released over here.

Battle of Gods may very well end up being the best DBZ film I'll see. I'm not going to discount Resurrection F but I doubt It will be able to top Battle of Gods.

Cornbread78

to be fair again it depends on how you define trashy. if you use it merely as a quality level for things above it are an enjoyable watch all of those should clear it. if you use it to signify shows that have disagreeable elements such as random focuses on boobs or scantly clad little girls, at least one of those shows will fail that check.

you can Felt it in your heart and know it is true.

I still have to watch today's episode of exorcists. Also I should note Re:zero is currently my favorite show of the anime year :p

Lol, it's a combo of both. That's why I left Netoge no Yome and Hundred (hooker trashy) off the list and at the same time Enride and Cerberus (Oscar the grouch trashy)

Are you referring to ReZero's wardrobe? I didn't even consider that one at all considering they are all clothed decently and there are no panty shots, etc..

zulux21

Are you referring to ReZero's wardrobe? I didn't even consider that one at all considering they are all clothed decently and there are no panty shots, etc..

Felt's outfit really isn't clothed decently (nintendo would censor it :p)
but they are doing good about panty shots, though there have been some zoom ins on breasts.

overall it's pretty tame, but I know a few people who would not watch it because of Felt.

Crocodile

I feel like I've heard R:Zero named dropped in a few places but I have no idea what it is. Why should someone care about it?

a ton of people I know refused to watch it because of how it looked. I eventually made them watch it and they enjoyed it, but still hated how it looked

I don't can't imagine anyone would have an issue with the art or designs unless they were like super-weebs. It takes some pretty obvious Western influences putting aside its already a super-hero show. It has a lot of CG but almost all of it is good/acceptable so I don't see how someone could call foul on that.

zulux21

I feel like I've heard R:Zero named dropped in a few places but I have no idea what it is. Why should someone care about it?

I don't can't imagine anyone would have an issue with the art or designs unless they were like super-weebs. It takes some pretty obvious Western influences putting aside its already a super-hero show. It has a lot of CG but almost all of it is good/acceptable so I don't see how someone could call foul on that.

It's a boy is transported to a magical world story with groundhogs day crossed in too that is done well so far. The first episode came out as a two part special, which was a good choice because the first part isn't very interesting, while the second part is quite interesting.

as for tiger and bunny a lot of people HATE CG done well or otherwise in anime.

Perhaps Funi showed MHA to AS and they said no hence them premiering it on dubbie talk. Also while its not impossible for mha to premier on dubbie talk then air on toonami a few weeks later I really can't see that happening. W's replacement will be something else and there are a lot of shows it could potentially be.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
omg

OMG

O. M. G.

I just found out Bryce Papenbrook was the main character in the freakin' anime OVA Eiken.

This is freakin' hilarious, especially when you consider the fact it was probably one of his earliest (& perhaps most embarrassing) role.

omg

OMG

O. M. G.

I just found out Bryce Papenbrook was the main character in the freakin' anime OVA Eiken.

This is freakin' hilarious, especially when you consider the fact it was probably one of his earliest (& perhaps most embarrassing) role.

I shall take this as admission that you also watch Anime Abandon.

You might be interested to hear that Stephanie Sheh, Mona Marshall, Cindy Robinson, Rebecca Forstadt and Grant George were in that...thing.

Mizerman

omg

OMG

O. M. G.

Yup. Hearing his voice at that time was kkinda funny in hindsight.

Voice acting is a tough gig, unless you're with a company that will give you a payroll ala FUNimation you're a free agent that takes almost any work you can find.

From what I heard though, until you land that voice that clips you to that role and gets you recognized you're pretty much taking any and all roles for cash, embarrassing or not.

Think I heard once that Yami Yugi/Knuckes's old VA Dan Green did Hentais before his role as Yami Yugi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom