• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr16| Here today, Gon for three years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm down for HxH and One Piece marathons this year. Though given the timing of Memorial Day it might be Dimension Ass.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
On the one hand, I feel like if we got a DW marathon, rewatching it might help us understand some of the plot more, picking up on things we might've missed.

.......but I also just don't have the motivation to rewatch ANY of DW.

Seda

Looking ahead:

4 July is a Monday this year, so still works as a three day weekend, so probably still a marathon.

Halloween is also a Monday (was Saturday last year), but that's not a federal holiday so maybe one less marathon in 2016.

So, marathons probably for:

Memorial Day weekend (May 28)
Independence Day weekend (July 2)
Labor Day weekend (September 3)
Thanksgiving weekend (November 26)
Christmas Eve (December 24)
New Years Eve (December 31)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
A halloween marathon for One Piece wouldn't be awful either given that it is going to be too spoopy five me all year.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Guys, I think I need to make a thread about watching the old Ruby Spears Mega Man cartoon.

I can't go a minute without pausing & making a comment on it.

I'm not even halfway through the first episode, this is just so.......'90s.

Grexeno

Looking ahead:

4 July is a Monday this year, so still works as a three day weekend, so probably still a marathon.

Halloween is also a Monday (was Saturday last year), but that's not a federal holiday so maybe one less marathon in 2016.

So, marathons probably for:

Memorial Day weekend (May 28)
Independence Day weekend (July 2)
Labor Day weekend (September 3)
Thanksgiving weekend (November 26)
Christmas Eve (December 24)
New Years Eve (December 31)
Halloween will definitely be a marathon.

Mizerman

Guys, I think I need to make a thread about watching the old Ruby Spears Mega Man cartoon.

Super fighting robot!
Mega Man!

Man God

Non-Canon Member

NOW I HAVE YOUR POWER.

BBboy20

So, trying out this GITS multiplayer game and noticing they have some of the VOs from the show...which is making me wish I was playing a single-player game instead since the shooting mechanics seem solid overall.

Line_HTX

On the one hand, I feel like if we got a DW marathon, rewatching it might help us understand some of the plot more, picking up on things we might've missed.

.......but I also just don't have the motivation to rewatch ANY of DW.
A DW marathon would be nice actually.

but...

Understandable. Again, I wish it didn't take my 2nd watch to grasp more than just shit throwing at you. If only the actual plotline was as good as Mira and both the OP and the ED.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

NARUTO - EPISODE FIFTY FOUR: A Feeling Of Yearning, A Flower Full Of Hope

Huh there is something...slightly different about the format of this post. Oh well, NOTHING TO SEE HERE.

Naruto is training, but he doesn't hear the Froggie Song quite yet. Jiraya is perving. Sakura is moping. Sakura's mom is yelling at her in a rare vocal appearance. The Leaf ninjas are meeting. Hayate is DEAD. They think Orochimaru did it, but the Third thinks it might have been Sand ninjas. Sasuke is C-c-c-c-cursed! Sakura tried to visit him at the ninja hospital, but no dice.

Sakura is going to the hospital again but this time she's going to bring flowers. Her bacon detector goes off and bah gawd, Ino is working today. It's sad when a girl has to buy flowers for herself. Sick Burn Ino. Taking a planter to a hospital is saying that they're going to be there for awhile, cut flowers send a better message. Ino is psychic and is coming with her to also try and get a taste of the sauce.

Language of flowers talk hooo! A single red rose, the flower of love. A white daffodil, the noble flower that braves the harsh winter and heralds the oncoming spring. Sakura needs two so she can give one to Lee. Chouji is eating! A lot! He's Shikamaru's training dummy. Guy and Kurunai's team are also training their butts off. Twenty is throwing everything at Neiji, who spins a lot and falls down while Shino is doing...something with bugs as Hinata looks on. Baki is saying something to the three Sand ninjas. Naruto is still summoning tadpoles.

They can only visit the sauce for five minutes, he still needs to simmer. They visit him for exactly zero minutes as he's gone. All of his stuff too. He's in no condition for this either. Sakura wonders if he's gone to join Orochimaru
that's the next time he's hospitalized.
but he's Tom Cruise mountain climbing with Kakashi. They go visit Rock Lee instead, who's also in rough shape. He's not there either.

Y5Kzfyk.gif

He's doing pushups in the courtyard instead. John Cena would be proud. He'll never Wrestle Ninja again. He makes it to 199 pushups but can't seal the deal. Maybe he's Roman Reigns instead. Sakura wonders why boys push it so hard but Ino is no boy and has no answers.

Shikamaru gets run over by Chouji. Lee gets put back into bed with a flower by his side. The girls go home with no one to give flowers too. Jiraya gives up as well even though he hasn't done anything. No more girls. Sexy Jutsu time. Naruto is happy...his tadpole has legs this time.

i beat danganronpa ultra despair girls and dark souls 3 today

both good games I will probably never touch again. Now I gotta decide if I actually want to finish Gravity Rush, a not good game that I will probably never touch again

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I don't know what price will be low enough for Ultra Despair Girls for me to actually pick it up. I've heard bad, bad things about it. Mainly that it is somehow boring. I mean, I have my issues with the first two games but they are by no means boring.

I don't know what price will be low enough for Ultra Despair Girls for me to actually pick it up. I've heard bad, bad things about it. Mainly that it is somehow boring. I mean, I have my issues with the first two games but they are by no means boring.

It's not very important story wise. Gameplay is fine but not exciting, but the character interactions and main pair sell it for me. I think they kind of cheap out on having kids be villains because they don't go far enough into addressing what you would even do in that situation. What are you going to do, just start blasting children? Nothing about it made me want to die inside like (improved) hangmans gambit

Also, Sawashiro.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I used Ultra Despair Girls as the topic for my final essay for my "Video Games as a Mass Medium" class and how it handled certain topics presented in the game.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh god, that's right, Funimation didn't bring ANYONE who did the game's voice acting except for Papenbrook (because he already does work with Funimation) & had a completely different cast.

I'm sure there was legit reasons as to why, but I'm too used to the game's VA, especially when I know Togami is voiced by a gaffer.

Oh god, that's right, Funimation didn't bring ANYONE who did the game's voice acting except for Papenbrook (because he already does work with Funimation) & had a completely different cast.

I'm sure there was legit reasons as to why, but I'm too used to the game's VA, especially when I know Togami is voiced by a gaffer.

Having listened to a bit of the dub...they made a mistake by not bringing bavk the original cast. Sure a few characters sound a little better (mostly Sakura) but for the most part, the dub is worse off with the new cast. On top of all that, several of the new VA's don't even attempt to sound like their game counterparts. Hagakure, Taka, and Mondo certainly don't sound like Kaiji Tang, Sean Chiplock or Keith Sliverstein that's for sure.

Also Greg Ayres as Monokuma. Made me shut off the video after listen to 5 seconds of his voice.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Having listened to a bit of the dub...they made a mistake by not bringing bavk the original cast. Sure a few characters sound a little better (mostly Sakura) but for the most part, the dub is worse off with the new cast. On top of all that, several of the new VA's don't even attempt to sound like their game counterparts. Hagakure, Taka, and Mondo certainly don't sound like Kaiji Tang, Sean Chiplock or Keith Sliverstein that's for sure.

Also Greg Ayres as Monokuma. Made me shut off the video after listen to 5 seconds of his voice.

Again, it's really no big loss.

the danganronpa anime is boring and flat as can be. Thanks Kishi for innovating in the "literally a lets play" genre for having the same poses used despite it being an animation and re-using game cutscenes

and maaaan i can think of few series i would ignore a dub more for then danganronpa

I find it funny people whine about being distracted when they recognize English VA in other medium, yet when I played Danganronpa with the Japanese audio hearing Zoro come out of Mondo's mouth it distracted me far more then any English dub.

bigkrev

FINALLY got the Adult Swim website to work so I could watch Hunter x Hunter

I forgot how....fun? the series was at the start

FINAL EPISODE SPOILERS!
The appearance of the magical beasts in the finale montage is great, though I'm pretty sure Killua was there? Maybe my memory is a bit hazy, but it's so cool that these things from volume 1 basically appear in the series finale.

So I've had some free time lately, and I've been kinda just randomly going through Star Trek The Next Generation.

People joke about it, but Worf's whole role in that show is to lose. He's there to job.
I'm not even talking about the episode where he gets his back broken, or when he gets killed by mutant Napoleon soldiers.

There's one episode where his wife is killed, he loses the chance to clear his father's name, and he sends his son away because he felt he couldn't take care of him.

That all happens to Worf in a single episode!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom