• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr16| Here today, Gon for three years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

ASO is like the stereotype of the angry gamer taken to its extreme. I can't really listen to the man for any extended period of time.

Wasn't it confirmed the ESRB is the reason that was cut?
Again, Capcom should have just been honest. "We want the game to be T-Rated, the ESRB said the ass slap would make it M-Rated, so we had to cut it." I imagine there would have been less of a shitstorm if they said that from the start. There would still be one, but not a huge one.

Quoting myself from another thread:

I'm trying to figure out which is funnier

• Butt Slap pushes a game up to an M (especially compared to what else is in the game)
  • Ono "lying"
  • Capcom is worried an M might scare away newcomers yet don't launch their game with newcomer friendly content
  • Mortal Kombat has been a hard M series all its life that has consistently and still to this day outsells Street Fighter
What a mess :p

Well the Alison Rapp thread took a turn towards the unexpected.

I dunno if I want to know what this means.....

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Boy, that Ultimate Collector's Edition of FF15 looks neat, maybe I'll stay up & try to.....

"$270"

YA KNOW, that Deluxe Edition of FF15 looks neat.

Mizerman

[*]Mortal Kombat has been a hard M series all its life that has consistently and still to this day outsells Street Fighter

To be fair, MK is going to outsell SF these no matter what. When you have Jason Voorhees, Predator and a Xenomorph on the fighting roster, Joe Tuesday is gonna take notice. Though it's still kinda amusing that some people just found out that MK always had SP content than SF for years now. :p

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
W7OAFxB.png

I MADE IT!

Just got my confirmation email

Will probably buy a regular edition at launch while waiting for it to arrive like I did FE Fates

I have a problem :X

One Piece - Arlong Park

I already commented a bit on the first half the arc before and don't feel like there's much else to talk about, so lets go straight to Arlong Park. I had a vague idea how this arc would play out with all the later flashbacks but it was still fun to watch. Zoro sees through Nami's lie right away which is weird for him. Love how after she frees him he beats everyone there and just chills in Arlong's seat waiting for him to come back. I expected to hate Hachi but he's kind of a lovable idiot
and makes Nami's forgiveness of him make a little more sense

Luffy vs Arlong was great. The rest of the fights I was a little meh on. One thing really bothered me though. So water makes Devil Fruit eaters lose their power. Luffy obviously can't move underwater, but shouldn't his body be unable to stretch too? Sanji's fight underwater was dumb too. Then again basically everyone in One Piece can stay underwater for a ridiculously long time without coming up for air.

The only part of this arc I kind of skipped over was Nami's backstory. I can't handle these in One Piece anymore. I already have depression issues, I can't sit through these. Arlong killed Nami's mom, got it.

Looking ahead to the next little bit, especially since it's relevant to Thriller Bark.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
One Piece - Arlong Park

I already commented a bit on the first half the arc before and don't feel like there's much else to talk about, so lets go straight to Arlong Park. I had a vague idea how this arc would play out with all the later flashbacks but it was still fun to watch. Zoro sees through Nami's lie right away which is weird for him. Love how after she frees him he beats everyone there and just chills in Arlong's seat waiting for him to come back. I expected to hate Hachi but he's kind of a lovable idiot
and makes Nami's forgiveness of him make a little more sense

Luffy vs Arlong was great. The rest of the fights I was a little meh on. One thing really bothered me though. So water makes Devil Fruit eaters lose their power. Luffy obviously can't move underwater, but shouldn't his body be unable to stretch too? Sanji's fight underwater was dumb too. Then again basically everyone in One Piece can stay underwater for a ridiculously long time without coming up for air.

The only part of this arc I kind of skipped over was Nami's backstory. I can't handle these in One Piece anymore. I already have depression issues, I can't sit through these. Arlong killed Nami's mom, got it.

Looking ahead to the next little bit, especially since it's relevant to Thriller Bark.

The water doesn't stop the powers from working, it only weakens the users so they can't do much.

Also if you think Nami's was sad, well...
YOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO

Soulflarz

Banned
I legit hate scalpers.

FWIW I've never scalped before
In every instance I've kept it :V
BUT I'LL STILL HOLD IT AND SAY OTHERWISE FOR NOW TO JUSTIFY IT

Except 14 far cry primal keys, I sold them $4 each after listing them for $10 t*o dissuade people from buying them as +1s

Jarate

Banned
Im not a broken man yet, just one who wants to put off his responsibilities. But alas, I shall continue in my pilgrimage of shitty anime

FWIW I've never scalped before
In every instance I've kept it :V
BUT I'LL STILL HOLD IT AND SAY OTHERWISE FOR NOW TO JUSTIFY IT

Except 14 far cry primal keys, I sold them $4 each after listing them for $10 t*o dissuade people from buying them as +1s

Turn away from the darkness, child. It's not worth it.

Jarate

Banned
Tenchi Muyo! GXP: Episode 8, Meet the Parents

GOD IF YOU EXIST, PLEASE LET THIS SERIES GET REMOVED FROM FUNIMATION

Alright, so this episode starts out with kiriko trying to wake up Charlie Chaplin whose sleeping through his alarm. She nudges him a few times, and he's like "let me sleep for another 5 minutes" she then ends up trying to wake him up more forcefully by removing his sheets, which ends up revealing him having morning wood! A sane human being would be like, wow an erection in the morning, this is biologically something that happens to men, but no apparently, Kiriko, whose supposed to be the "good girl" "prudish" character immediately freaks out and slaps him over his fucking erection he had literally no fucking control over.

So now they're sitting at the fucking food table eating rice for literally like 3 minutes straight with nothing fucking happening other then them passive aggressively looking at each other. Even though this girl really wants to fuck Seda so hard that she can't control herself, the sight of a fucking erection is enough to cause her too fucking freakout. I legitimately hate everyone in this show.

So then cat girl waifu shows up too fondle Seda, and same with amane. Amane is also only dressed in her underwear while fondling Seda. Charlie Chaplin of course during this time is fucking freaking out because OMG A WOMAN IS FUCKING TOUCHING ME I BETTER LITERALLY BE THE BIGGEST LITTLE PIECE OF SHIT ON EARTH

Anyway, Kiriko and cat waifu have to go too work, and leave Charlie Chaplin with Amane. They decide the only way the can leave those two together is by fucking installing a secret camera on this piece of shit robot that appeared in episode 2 and never showed up again.

Amane tells Charlie Chaplin that his training is him fucking cleaning the house, and while he's doing this, she's removing the camera and changing the robots personality. Of course while doing this Amane is purposefully making herself get into sexy position so that Seda can see them. This is the fanservice episode, and im assuming there's going to be a lot more fanservice episodes.

Kiriko walks past the two old roommates who talk about how lucky Charlie Chaplin is because he lives with Amane, and this causes her too freak out and rush towards home, completely fucking ignoring her duties because of this pathetic little fuck boy of a piece of shit.

So Amane and Carlie Chaplin are fucking in the bath, because the bath needs to be clean, and amane is in the bathtub when that pink haired guy shows up and storms into the house looking for amane. He meets up with that piece of shit robot who has been programmed to be literally the most annoying piece of shit on earth who says Amane is in the bathtub, so the robot and pink haired rapist snape go to the fucking bathroom and get fucking ninjad or some shit by amane who's standing right behind them. Amane ONCE AGAIN FOR LIKE THE 90TH TIME CAUSE HAHAHAHA SAME JOKE THROWS HIM ACROSS THE Worl, BOY THIS JOKE SURE IS FUNNY FOR THE 3w24u590i2349505234902349083420934290X time.

Kiriko shows up at this time, and Amane slips while holding Charlie Chaplin and they land on each other in an awkward way form Kiriko to view3, who immeditately fucking freaks out for no reason. Then Seda is like "It's not what it looks like!" but then Amane's parents show up again for no reason, and explain they are here to convince Amane to leave the GXP and become their daughter again or some shit or whatever, it fucking doesnt matter.

So anyway, then we see Catgirl Waifu walk past those two roommates who have suddenly learned that Kiriko is also staying with them, which causes her to flip her shit and head towards the house. Charlie Chaplin, Amanes, Amane's parents, and Kiriko then all talk to eachother and Amane is like IM STAYING HERE AND THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO. The robot makes mention how the training between Seda and Amane was very intimate whiuch causes the parents to want to watch the training. Anyway during the time we see Pink haired Rapist Snake get hit by Catgirl Waifu's car, which launches him all the way back and hits Seda who's training involves fucking stacking blocks again BECAUSE FUCK, THE BEST WAY TOO TRAIN IS TOO CLEAN AND STACK BOXES

Anyway, Amane once again throws pink haired guy far away because it's not like we havent seen that joke happen 690i3549084350895342980354589034435908534089549-10350-5943250489-32580493-45238-905342-890345890X already and goes to charlie Chaplin to make sure he is ok, and instantly the parents both understand that Amane has found love in this literal child fuck boy, and somehow that's fine because of masdikhjuadsjikhdsajhkdsa and they leave. Catgirl waifu, amane and Kiriko all argue abou Charlie Chaplin while eating lunch and explain why they are at the house when the robot shows video of what the training with Charlie Chaplin and Amane were doing. This is a literal 1 MINUTE PLAYBACK OF THE SAME EXACT FANSERVICE SEQUENCE WE SAW ALREADY. YEP DEFINATELY NOT WASTING TIME IN THIS SHOW NO SIREE.l Anyway, everyone freaks out at each other and the parents come back because they only left for lunch which makes absolutely no fucking sense and they're like I WANNA SEE THESE TAPES. YES SIR, I TOO WOULD LIKE TO SEE MYH DAUGHTER HIT ON SOME TINY FUCKBOY becasueanjdbjnkasdjkbndashjkbnodsajknabdsdkjaslkdlsajnjkldsadsakljdsakljdsakljdsalkasklhj

The episode ends with thema rguing or some shit, I dont even fucking know, this show is legitimately one of the worst things ive ever witnessed made by human beings.

Jarate

Banned
Like You could literally just tape together picturrandom pictures on my computer and it would be a better though out product then Tenchi Muyo GXP

this is hell

Sometimes a good disaster is fun to watch.

I can't remember it much, but I imagine Jarate isn't watching a fun trainwreck though.

He's watching a war crime committed against good taste.

Mizerman

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Damn, sounds like I missed a lot sleeping. This is what I get for not being an insomniac.

... *pre-orders Deluxe edition* Gimme dat Masamune!
I'll play the demo later.

A new Adult Swim ID directed by Mamoru Oshii (Ghost in the Shell) --> https://www.facebook.com/adultswim/videos/10153972030636745/ (Facebook video)

This weekend Toonami is apparently showing a sponsored preview of Hardcore Henry --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwEF_FZ1dVY

Nice!

Also Mr. Pickles season 2 starts up soon I guess so prep for (more) awful commercials.

FUCK!

Seriously, how did THIS of all crappy Adult Swim shows survive?

J-Roderton

Hey Toonami dudes. Probably super off topic but I didn't feel like making a thread on it alone, but I received Evangelion 3.33 dvd movie as a gift and was just wondering if I would be lost if I have never seen any Evangelion before? Is it pretty self contained?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Hey Toonami dudes. Probably super off topic but I didn't feel like making a thread on it alone, but I received Evangelion 3.33 dvd movie as a gift and was just wondering if I would be lost if I have never seen any Evangelion before? Is it pretty self contained?

You'll want to see the first two movies.
You don't need to watch the old series or EoE.
3.33 is where the story goes in a completely different direction.

Seda

Essentially, the movies are a retelling of the original series. There might be more to it than that, but it gets complicated.

So the newer movie series as a group is self-contained, but not individual films. You'd be confused without seeing 1.11 and 2.22 (this is where someone jokes you'd get confused regardless).

Regiruler

ASO is like the stereotype of the angry gamer taken to its extreme. I can't really listen to the man for any extended period of time.

That's weird. Every time I watch him he seems much more calm and collected than his appearance would first imply.

I don't feel like creating a new twitter account for Miitomo but I don't want gaffers knowing my public twitter. Meh. Maybe I'll get lucky and can add Bill Trinen or something.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
There's quite a few hints in the EVA reboot movies that they are actually
sequels to the original show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom