• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr16| Here today, Gon for three years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got my confirmation email

Will probably buy a regular edition at launch while waiting for it to arrive like I did FE Fates

I have a problem :X

I can't even justify to myself that I can wait 5-10 days for the deluxe edition to ship. Idc how beautiful it is if I can't even play the game on day one :(

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
YEAH, TIME FOR SOME MIITOMO!

*installs app, but it doesn't want to launch*

............well crap.....

But yeah, if I can figure it out, if you guys have it & want to add each other, let me know.

Edit: There we go, got it to load but now needs to install more data.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Man, I really should upgrade my phone, Miitomo is already taking about half of my internal storage (but it's only 1GB despite having a damn 8GB memory stick inside it), but it's hard to find a decent phone that lets me keep my $20/mo. plan. Guess I'll check my Sprint store since I think they own Virgin Mobile.

But yeah, once Miitomo finally finishes downloading & loading, if you guys also have it, let me know. I'm gonna try & keep it to people I actually know, similar to my Twitter list.

But to get back on topic, what're the chances we could hear about replacements tomorrow on the pre-flight? At the very least, if not tomorrow, then it could strongly be the week after.

Seda

wha
welp
will watch
maybe

I havent seen 3.33 and honestly I don't care enough about Evangelion to examine it with any sort of thoroughness, but the I believe the idea is a looping world timeline with changes - like Big O among other examples. So while the narrative appears to be 'the same as the show' at first glance, there might be more to it.

Seda

But to get back on topic, what're the chances we could hear about replacements tomorrow on the pre-flight? At the very least, if not tomorrow, then it could strongly be the week after.

I figure it has to be a good chance. However, for Dimension W, it was teased a week before hand (by Gill, specifically) whereas I don't think we've heard anything yet.

TV listings will start popping up for the mystery premiere date next week, so you'd think they'd want to preempt that.

Soulflarz

Banned
I havent seen 3.33 and honestly I don't care enough about Evangelion to examine it with any sort of thoroughness, but the I believe the idea is a looping world timeline with somewhat subtle changes - like Big O among other examples. So while the narrative appears to be 'the same as the show' at first glance, there might be more to it.

I really liked the original EVA, but a lot of people told me to not watch the movies, so I've been quite lazy.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I havent seen 3.33 and honestly I don't care enough about Evangelion to examine it with any sort of thoroughness, but the I believe the idea is a looping world timeline with somewhat subtle changes - like Big O among other examples. So while the narrative appears to be 'the same as the show' at first glance, there might be more to it.

Tangentially related, I really hope DeMarco resurrects Big O next. It deserves a 3rd season to close everything out. It's just so good and it is such a shame they never got to close it all out properly.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
OH RIGHT. So gave the ToonamiGAF Podcast a listen to during work last night. Only real feedback I can give is there was a few audio hiccups & I know being a first episode, things are still getting into the hang of things so it was a bit "quiet" for a podcast, but otherwise, it was a nice listen.

I'm still deciding if I want to appear on it, as I can be a bit talkative, but it also needs to be during a week where I feel like I can say a good amount about the episode or news as to not appear quiet & just all "eeh, it was okay" or "yeah, that's neat".

Also need to make sure my bluetooth headphones will work for a Skype conversation or whatever.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
GUYS. THIS ISN'T AN APRIL FOOLS JOKE, RIGHT?!

main.jpg

They're selling official products, it looks real. They're selling advance tickets on the 14th, IT LOOKS REAL.

Edit: The news about the tickets was announced on the 25th, IT LOOKS FREAKIN' REAL!

Edit: CRAP, I think it's just a collaboration for goodies & to promote the new Godzilla film made by the Eva director.

Jarate

Banned
Also, I'd like to congratulate BBoy20 whose post I saw quoted on 4chan last night when they were making fun of neogaf

YOU MADE IT TO THE BIG TIME FRIEND

Seda

There are various other boards, forums, or reddit pages or whatever that make fun of GAF. Some we don't like to talk about. Forum vs Forum certainly isn't anything new, though.

I've somehow managed to avoid the crosshairs that other mods unfortunately have to deal with sometimes. Probably because I'm boring and not really visible or outspoken these days.

There are various other boards, forums, or reddit pages or whatever that make fun of GAF. Some we don't like to talk about. Forum vs Forum certainly isn't anything new, though.

I've somehow managed to avoid the crosshairs that other mods unfortunately have to deal with sometimes. Probably because I'm boring and not really visible or outspoken these days.

:(

If it makes you feel any better I can screenshot one of your posts and make a reddit thread about it.

Line_HTX

I think you can be funny when you're not too busy.

;P

Mizerman

Eh, there's nothing wrong with that. Sometimes it's just not worth the extra stress.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I wonder if I've ever been called out.

I've been invited to splinter boards before...which just seems weird.

TUSR

Banned
maybe when my elbow heals ill make fun of you on stream line

i keep stopping by brett's stream to call you out and youre never there, but saprol is

:((((

Line_HTX

Yeah, I'm sorry... when I'm home I either take a nap or am at Trihex's stream or watch some TV.

I haven't been to Brett's in a long time. Most of the daytime is someone else streaming.

What happened to your elbow?

Jarate

Banned
I only really browse 4chan to go onto /sp/ and /his/ I was just bored and on /v/ when I saw it lol

Only splinter board I was a part of was the Rock Band thread one when everyone got banned. Then we got banned from that board because people were upset that we were the only ones generating content?

I mostly dislike every video game forum ive ever been on though. But yeah, gaf gets a lot of hate right now from everywhere else, and i can't really be upset because gaming side and OT have both declined in quality majorly since I joined. The only good places to post for me are the general threads, and most of the game generals that are popular nowadays I have no stake in.

Jarate

Banned
Tenchi Muyo GXP: Episode 9, A Stormy Voyage

This episode was not terrible, mostly because it literally had barely any character interaction. Yeah, the animation was sometime hentai tier, and sure, there were a lot of issues with continuity, but whatever, based on the incredibly low bar this series created, this was just pretty mediocre

Anyway, all the cadets go into space for a training mission along with pink haired rapist snape and amane. Amane is known as the Zero Goddess because she's never had any pirate interactions in her entire career (I dont see how this is a good thing outside of the fact that she's lucky IDK)

So there's a hip malfunction and they meet up with Pirates, which wasnt foreshadowed at all. During all this, Seda is stuck weith his robot and his old roommates watching videos of the girls locker room that the robot taped. It's a little creepy, but like, if you were 13-14 I would totes watch that type of stuff, so I can comprehend

anyway, pirates show up and enter the ship, Charlie Chaplin and co find out their monitors arent working anymore so they go to a different monitor to watch the girls in locker room. During this time, pink haired rapist snape runs out to go fight the pirates with a lightsaber and thinks Charlie Chaplin is a pirate, they all end up in some type of storage facility bay, where a single pirate women enters in and starts a lightsaber battle. Now the pirate ships enter the GXP ship by ramming their ships into the GXP ship and sealing off the holes they make with this green goop

So Pink haired Snape and New Pirate Waifu take out lightsaber and battle, but the goop decides to shoot them because of reasons, and they get stuck together. Meanwhile, Charlie Chaplin is cowering a corner when the goop controls get fucked up and emit goop all over the place trapping charlie chaplin and everyone else. Pirate Waifu girl admonishes pink snape for bringing a kid with him too fight, even though, that's not what happened. Pink haired snape gets choked by pirate waifu while she slowly turns to Charlie Chaplin and realizes how much of his dick she wants.

Charlie Chaplin is able to remove himself from the gunk with a gold pocket knife, and the pirate waifu lady is so impressed with this display, and he's able to save everyone there. Pirate lady calls for her crew to show up to remove them from the goop, but they also are forced to take pink haired snape with them.

The episode ends with the girls of the show just talking to eachother, and then a cut to the two older girls talking about making Seda the captain of a maiden ship because of his luck with getting attracted to pirates. The episode ends

Actually, not a horrific episode

Anyway, this show does some good stuff, so I'll have to give it credit. I like how all the scifi technology is very similar to a lot of 70's scifi, and some of their scifi ideas are pretty neat. But that's about it

"Amane is known as the Zero Goddess because she's never had any pirate interactions in her entire career."

I remember this.

It's like if a detective was proud he never solved a case.

Jarate

Banned
Also, is it ever explained how Kiriko makes it into space? Is this explained at all by the other Tenchi muyo series?

Ponn

Banned
Tonight is AS April Fools right? I always get confused on the day. It's okay, its never as epic as it is on a toonami night.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
April Fools, Toonami is nothing but a marathon of Akame ga Kill, GXP, & SAO's greatest moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom