• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug14| Melodrama Marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fucking Rukia so adorable.

Kenpachi! Such great potential that always seems to be wasted.

orihime-rukia-dance-2.gif

Rukia don't need no help dancing.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Based on what I heard in that promo, dub Kamina isn't nearly deep enough.

But I will withhold final judgement until I hear more.

Promo was a pretty accurate representation.

Kamina's Japanese voice is one of those voices that is just impossible to replicate effectively in English, kind of like Franky's voice in One Piece. But it still could have been better than it is in the dub.

Everyone else in the series is pretty much perfectly spot on (and Blum's Leeron is legendary, especially the outtakes), so Kamina's voice being off is all the more noticeable.

Amikami

Banned
Rukia has a sister?

Sister in law I think. Been a very long long time, but if I remember correctly, Byakuya was married, and lost his wife. Can't remember how. He later adopts(?) rukia as his sister. Rukia has an odd resemblance to his wife. Very early Bleach.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Huh, Renji's voice is the same as the Riddler in the Arkham games.
He sounds so much better there... must be the "Bleach effect" where actors are just all terrible.

Sister in law I think. Been a very long long time, but if I remember correctly, Byakuya was married, and lost his wife. Can't remember how. He later adopts(?) rukia as his sister. Rukia has an odd resemblance to his wife. Very early Bleach.

No Byakuya's wife was Rukia's older sister who abandoned her when she was young. Her sister regretted it and asked to Byakuya to find and take care of her on her death bed, which he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom