• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug14| Melodrama Marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
zlCfzSSWkYcaTzmvY1

zlCfzSSWkYcaTzmvY1

zlCfzSSXrTYh3vtcyf
zlCfzSSYLH8Qgu_xrN

zlCfzSSZ204036msf5
zlCfzSSaPkIM9m4iuV

zlCfzSSa0zQbRWJPi3
zlCfzSSbRjASu7x0hi

zlCfzSSbqckYkRIBpJ
zlCfzSScHrYa-fBCja

zlCfzSScX30Ddfmu4Z
zlCfzSSciMgZjyUz8d

zlCfzSScy2o2k9KpiO
zlCfzSSdC_ESMHCLi5

zlCfzSSdUBwslhq5YR

LATER.

Whoa. This week's sketch dump is badass. I dunno how you did it, but the connecting lines in the different sketches is nice. Also, that Stein cameo makes me cry. I miss him. Thanks, SAB.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Bleach doesn't need any help next week. It's NUMBER ONE Then. Now. Forever.

Shippuden though? Should you watch it next week?

7nP4rnm.gif

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Good job SAB CA, especially the one you did for Naruto.

tumblr_mqcz08Nvnz1sug3zdo1_500.gif

*the fives, they are high*

I don't think my brain can process the color one.

Just pay attention to the color parts you haven't seen before! (You've seen dandy's foot). That other stuff there can be pretty confusing, I'm not sealing up this pic as neatly as I did the past Dandy megapics... :/ Which will all be better by it's end...I... hope...

Fantastic dump this week. Love all the extra references to other shows in each block. And with that, I'm out. See ya on the flip.

Thanks! And rest well! T'night just felt like a ref-heavy night.

Whoa. This week's sketch dump is badass. I dunno how you did it, but the connecting lines in the different sketches is nice. Also, that Stein cameo makes me cry. I miss him. Thanks, SAB.

MASTERY OF DUMP SKILLS
Or lots of dumb luck. It's a good mix of both, lol.
!!

It's so cool to have a history with the block now. This group watch has seen a LOT together now. Such an awesome perk! (TT_TT )

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yeah I found dandy's boot right off and noticed the old man and the girl...It's the yellow part.

The rest of the dump though is fantastique!

Moaradin

Been watching Eureka 7 for the first time. I've always missed it during it's run on Toonami. This show is very good.

Up to episode 24 now.

Blah utterly crashed during the commercial break between beware the bland man and black lagoon, my tv was still on when I woke up just now lol

Gorillaz

Went to bed early because had to get up (now) for work this morning but it was kind of a off paced night for the block.

I like how the sketch has some cross shows and references lol

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*yawn* Had to sleep in a bit due to being tired from seeing DBZ & GotG in a row out of town yesterday. Watched the first half of Black Lagoon fine, but I dozed off during the second half, so here's the swear count. I'm pretty sure it's accurate.

Episode 21:

Swears: 12
Bleeps: 12

Total swears said: 511
Total bleeps made: 252

Catching up on what I missed, used my blu ray copy of Black Lagoon, man it's weird to hear everything uncensored lol.

Pretty decent episode of Black Lagoon, mostly set up for next weeks throw down

That episode of Jack and the Rave might be my favorite episode of the series, visuals, music, and action all blended perfectly in a way that was distinctly Jack.

Clone Wars was zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Good morning everyone. Woke up later than usual, I guess I was really tired last night.
Good work as usual SAB
Anywho...

Attack on Titan
And so the second half begins. The Scouts manage to win Eren and will try to train him. We also get a little sneak peek at Zoe Hange's insanity.
Also, with the second opening premiering, here's an awesome Smash Bros video animated to look like it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3KUZVkco4g
Show openings need more metal riffs.

Bleach
The final wacky filler episode. Yep...
Only 11 to go until it's gone. At least until they make a new one to cover the final arc, but who knows when that will be.

Space Dandy
Another great episode. It was interesting to see all five "main" characters actually involved in the story. The laughtrack was weird but became hilarious when they actually acknowledged it.

Shippuden:
And they leave the Sand Village. Hooray.....
Oh hey, Tobi appears. Isn't he a good boy?
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

One Piece
Oda's tradition of weird/eccentric villain groups shows itself here with the members of CP9 arguing and overall being strange.
Don't worry about the power level thing, it never gets brought up again. I get the feeling Oda did that as a parody of the concept, he usually likes to subvert Shonen tropes.

Blue Exorcist
It's finally over! Go read the manga as things actually make a lot more sense there. Plus, the current arc is actually kind of good.
Next week though: ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER!

Beware the Batman
Everybody sucks.... I don't care for anyone....
So yeah, it looks like they're skipping over Batgirl and going straight to Oracle. At least Barbara can still walk. Though I can't see a children's cartoon ever doing the Killing Joke.
Ra's al Ghul's new plan is to get Batman's past villains out of prison. I'd rather be reading Tower of Babel... or watching it's movie adaptation Justice League: Doom

Black Lagoon
People are going to die. They are going to die brutally. Guts on the floor, brains on the wall, it will be a blood bath.

Ugh fell out after One Piece. Didn't want to wait another hour until Black Lagoon.
Anyways fun night.
Space Dandy
Really funny episode. I enjoyed the random laugh track that appeared everywhere. The revelation about Honey being the half sibling of the Cloudian was kinda shocking. I enjoyed it.
AoT
Well color me shocked. I actually really liked this episode. Then again, I always like a good court drama. I love Levi. He's a badass character. I also liked how their plan played out. Interesting stuff. And less melodramatics for the sake of having them is always good on my book.
One Piece
Another look at CP9's weirdness. I liked it.

Will watch BL later.

Makes sense if the plan is to replace Black Lagoon with a rerun show like GitS S2 or FLCL (to eventually be replaced by Space Dandy when it ends). Doesn't make sense if they actually announce something new is coming to the block.

So what was the point of Mephisto?

He's a major character but the anime didn't really know what he could do in terms of combat nor did they have any real idea of what side his character was on, so they just made him a weird observer who's only job was to watch the shenanigans unfolding while pushing dominos where need be.

Soulflarz

Banned
Playing it in recent news of a new one coming out? I got it for free, but keep forgetting it that I have it & need to try it out.
Oh theres a new one?
No i just said id play it for awhile

Just be warned the main character is an idiot.
He thought he was staying w/ two guys but NOPE TWO GIRLS. Gender neutral names. Also hes surprised by normal things in America. Apparently its not that long.

Edit: and the parents are gone for the week ISNT THAT CONVIENIENT

"I have an extra stomach for sweets!"
The protag didnt understand what she meant. afsdghjagghhhhhhh

LOLDSFAN

He's a major character but the anime didn't really know what he could do in terms of combat nor did they have any real idea of what side his character was on, so they just made him a weird observer who's only job was to watch the shenanigans unfolding while pushing dominos where need be.

I seriously thought any minute he'd do something but every week it was the same observer stuff. :p

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Oh theres a new one?
No i just said id play it for awhile

Just be warned the main character is an idiot.
He thought he was staying w/ two guys but NOPE TWO GIRLS. Gender neutral names. Also hes surprised by normal things in America. Apparently its not that long.

Edit: and the parents are gone for the week ISNT THAT CONVIENIENT

"I have an extra stomach for sweets!"
The protag didnt understand what she meant. afsdghjagghhhhhhh

~uguuuu

Raxus

Toonami |Aug14| Row Row Fight The Powah!

Let's get this Guraan Lagaan Hype train started.

Hypest of nights starts next Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom