• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug14| Melodrama Marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulflarz

Banned
This girl will not stop stuttering every time she does something nice
"I-I totally didnt do it for him. B-be Quiet!"

Boo it wont let me go back to akiba. I wanted to use the entire games timeslots there!

daveo42

Banned
Toonami |Aug14| This is the thread that will pierce the heavens!

Last night wasn't bad outside of the usual suspects. Shippuden was as slow as ever, but at least we got replacement Sauce and good boy Tobi!
Please for the love of all that is holy just kill me now.{/spoiler] Even OG Naruto was a let down this week since it was all about Sakura. At least we could made fun of it.

Blue Exorcist wasn't nearly as insane as it had been the past few weeks, but that whole prologue section and the bit with mirrors was pretty stupid. It should have gone down in an blaze of unholy glory but we got generic shounen slop end outside of Satan still being a good guy.

Beware the Jobber seemed like it could have been good outside of some glaring plot holes, terrible dialogue, and Batman being worthless and still getting praise for it.

I'm just looking forward to next week where we only have to deal with complete suck in half hour increments. The past few weeks of BE and BtB have been torture. Lucky we get to swap that hour of garbage with an hour of nothing but pure hype (and about 5mins of recap lol).

Gorillaz

I actually can't believe I saw a show last night show 2 teens of a vision of there mom banging the devil and flying on a big ass cat across the war torn sky while dual wielding pistols

Hope you're ready for some more. A Ziro the Hutt arc is about to start!

Blah

Last night was pretty meh, only shows that were better then meh were One Piece, Black Lagoon, Samurai Jack, Uncut Naruto, FMA:B, and Cowboy Bebop. Some shows like Dandy and Titan had moments that made me smile but as a whole I thought last night was pretty weak again. We really need a shot of HOT BLOODED action thank you Black Jesus and Lich King

Man God

Non-Canon Member
One of my least favorite FMA B episodes was last night. I was actually pleasantly surprised with Clone Wars last night and Jack Rave has to be one of my favorite episodes.

One of my least favorite FMA B episodes was last night. I was actually pleasantly surprised with Clone Wars last night and Jack Rave has to be one of my favorite episodes.

I'll agree that the stuff in Gluttony's fake portal of truth does drag, but like all of FMA:B I still find it good, as you said least favorite is a good way to describe it

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Both Clone Wars and Jack are suffering lately with a lack of certain characters.

Jack has been Aku-less for months now and Clone Wars has gone quite a while without a real Obi-Wan or Anakin episode. Yes I'm starting to miss Anakin episodes now.

Soulflarz

Banned
"There was even a famous manga that said if you post XYZ on the message board at the eastern entrance...it would put you in touch with a skilled sniper."
Shinjuku station was the place.
Anyone know?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
"There was even a famous manga that said if you post XYZ on the message board at the eastern entrance...it would put you in touch with a skilled sniper."
Shinjuku station was the place.
Anyone know?

XYZ? That's the end of the line!

It's City Hunter, he's got Golgo's skills with a gun but is much funnier and with more boners.

EDIT: Wait, are we getting the City Hunter anime next?!?!!?

Attack on Titan recap:

tumblr_inline_na2of6anA21rzs05b.jpg

YES!

Seda

Need to catch up on Clone Wars and Jack.

AoT continues to be disappointing. The main characters have no depth at all, and the sequence of plot elements is almost non-sequitur at this point.

is anyone else kinda disappointed at what they did with Scarlet's character in Space Dandy?

Yep

bigkrev

I'm glad I gave up on Attack on Titan a few weeks ago. Seems like i'm not missing anything.

I was in a great mood last night- I had eaten lots of delicious food, drank a variety of Beers and Ales, and spent quality time with quality people. Blue Exorcist ruined my mood. The episode was paced poorly (WHY DID WE GO TO COMMERCIAL 5 MINUTES IN?), the plot was both nonsensical and insulting (you didn't earn a shot at redemption, Satan, I'm sorry), and the CGI was still as crappy as ever. The show was a shining example of the problems with adapting ongoing Manga into anime- they are normally done to promote the Manga, but when done early (This show was announced before 20 chapters had even been completed), it leaves the problems of not having enough material to adapt to tell a coherent story. Had we had any of the "filler" episodes from the beginning replaced with something that progressed the plot, it would have been better, but the Manga did not have much meat to it at this point, so we got a rushed plotdump and execution in the last few episodes that ruined what I liked about the show (a non-serious, light story that I can watch at 2 in the morning and follow easily. )

Man God

Non-Canon Member
is anyone else kinda disappointed at what they did with Scarlet's character in Space Dandy?

I actually kinda like the direction they went with her. It's unexpected and that's always good in a comedy.

AOT was also far better than a talky episode of this show had any right to be.

it's true that she wasn't much of a character, but the whole lovesick thing was kinda cringe-worthy

Really? I thought her getting wasted was much more awkward, but at least it was fun to see, I guess. >.>

You know which character needs an episode dedicated to them?
Bean. He's always been Gel's sidekick and hasn't been much of an entity in the entire show.

BBboy20

Man these lets be cops commercials make me feel really uncomfortable after today's shooting
What exactly happened?

Kyle Hebert > you
This is truth in the 2 years I've got to know him.

I just noticed that Honey literally has stars in her eyes.
Is she a Jukebox Hero?
*googles* Holy crap, you're right!

Fun fact: Big girl is the same VA as Tsubaki.
nintendo-shocked-face-loop-Tomodachi-Life-1399219784d_what.gif

HOLY CRAP, JIGGLE PHYSICS ON HONEY.
N1eEZla.gif

Oh you guys just suck. You shall see the true glory of Kamina.
Yeah, guys. I was in the same boat too but you'll eventually start to like Hebert's performance.

So is Satan finally gonna get the shit knocked out of him for the final episode?
*post-episode* NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOPPPEE!

Adios, Blue Exorcist. You was pretty decent. But SAO was much better
O_O

It's over now. Go read the manga since they probably won't make another series. They might... who knows...
Where do we start?

How do you manage to give Ra's exactly zero charisma.
Lance Reddick is pretty good at not being charasmatic. (Also, nobody pointed out Humpy Dumpy was voiced by Badger from Breaking Bad).

Omg this AoT preview. This girl looks awesome.
She is.

I wonder if they will get Blum to guest star on Dandy

Holding out for a Beebop cameo or crossover....
Oh yeah, NOBODY pointed out Blum finally made it to Space Dandy when he was voicing that fly professor and appeared again as one of the mean fishermen. I was legit shooked when I finally heard his voice.

BIG DAMN HEROES.

Oh, wait. They're not heroes.
No more heroes, I'm afraid.

We never did get to see Rin beat the shit out of Satan (more the other way around).

Also: why the hell isn't Resurrection jistus like the biggest deal in the world? They treated it like it was another specialty instead of being researched by every scientist in existence?

It's nice when supposed cannon fodder actually get shit done then be tropped red shirts.

I wonder if somebody ever cosplayed Rave Jack.

Can't wait for more Hanji next week.
tumblr_mpwrp54k8N1riyvejo1_500.gif

Imperial Bishop said:
Ok, it is quite apparent I have not been the only one thinking of this.

Crocodile

Still catching up on shows. Damn did BE end with a whimper. So much of that show was just like "what's the point?". I will give the show minor props for some subversions, like Rin and Bon's characters, but a lot of it was fucking stupid and not in the particularly entertaining way.

I don't think it was entirely problematic (perhaps slightly though) because nothing about it contradicts any aspects we've seen of her. Loneliness is not an uncommon sentiment in her position, as a fictional character or even if she was a real person, and even if she was a bit depressed and prone to drunkenness she still retained her cynicism and wits for most of the episode. It was certainly cliche though. I do agree we do need at least one more example of Ninja Scarlet before the show is over. She's been underused in general and I think I would have been legit annoyed if she was put into a position in which she would be reasonably able to defense herself given what we've seen of her already and she wasn't allowed to.

I did appreciate that though Honey still remains a mostly superficial character we did to get to know more about her. Seeing her kickass later in the episode and manipulating Dr. Gel (not that it was hard) was AWESOME :)

This show would certainly be more interesting if Eren stayed dead
edit: I mean actually died. -_-

Yep, I agree with this, most everyone has the same reaction to AoT at this point in the story manga or anime. It doesn't really pick up until sadly right where the anime ends :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom