• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug14| Melodrama Marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Family Guy so old it still has Lacey Chabert as Meg.
The animation is just odd.

Those are just fan dubs right? Please let them be fan dubs.

Odex just didn't care.
If you listen closely in the One Piece clip, you can hear Japanese Luffy yell "Gomu Gomu Nooo". They couldn't even fully remove the original voices.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
hD69620C4

I've waited so long for a day where I could post that picture & have it be true.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Stewie really was an entirely different character back then.

Also they're actually treating Meg like a person?

BatDan

Later seasons of Family Guy were required to be as sterile and boring as possible hence why his earrings had to go

The budget had to be taken from animation and spent on licensing old music, music videos and movie clips.

There was a recent episode that played the entirety of David Bowie & Mick Jagger's "Dancing in the Street" music video. Money that could have gone towards animation but noooo.
Not to mention all the jokes that are just a still picture with audio. Amazing how the "animation" is lazier than Toei and Pierrot.

Stewie really was an entirely different character back then.

Also they're actually treating Meg like a person?

It's almost like they were actually trying.

BatDan

Old Family Guy still relies too much on the cutaway jokes.

True... But there's a lot less shock for the sake of shock or forced left-wing messages that would offend even the most die-hard liberals.

redhood56

Banned
Old family guy is pretty good. And it is almost time for The Coconut Head Adventures: And The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad, Boring episode!

True... But there's a lot less shock for the sake of shock or forced left-wing messages that would offend even the most die-hard liberals.
This.
It was just trying to.be funny back then.
Not.offensive for the sake of being offensive.
Or trying to be a mouthpiece for Seth MacFarlane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom