• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug14| Melodrama Marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit late posting but that was my first time watching Gurren Lagann. I dig over the top giant robots so I'll definitely keep track of it. I'll probably be avoiding this thread while it airs to avoid risking any spoilers, though.

What was the point of the whole did you kill my father sub plot if it was going to be resolved so easily and then they go to a scene where theyre gonna be all buddt buddy anyway

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Of course! That explains why he can croak sonic blasts and stands three feet tall!

He makes no sense.
Professor Pyg is obviously a guy in a mask, but what the hell is Mr. Toad supposed to be? Is he a mutant? A lab creation?

daveo42

Banned
Katana...why would you ask Alfred about what is going on? Like he knows what's going on here.

Also, this plot is soooooooo dumb...

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Reading the synopses for the future episodes because I so don't fucking care.

It looks like there's better villains coming. Two-Face, Deathstroke, Killer Croc, Man-Bat. It's almost like doing nothing but obscure-as-fuck villains was a bad idea!

He makes no sense.
Professor Pyg is obviously a guy in a mask, but what the hell is Mr. Toad supposed to be? Is he a mutant? A lab creation?

Well in the Comics Pyg is a crazy surgeon that violently attempts to turn people into what he considers to be an idealized state, and Toad was one of his experiments. This being a kids show they just conveniently gloss over that fact.

Tombstone_(Spider-Man_Cartoon).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom