• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug14| Melodrama Marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
zlCfzSUq_QANUtuBG5

zlCfzSUlZa8xUk4h68

LATER.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Short for everyone but me, lol. Coloring is always so demanding, time-wise!

The only thing that keeps me from being up 24 hours now is the 1 hour nap I had before Toonami, lol. Good times, good night!

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Short for everyone but me, lol. Coloring is always so demanding, time-wise!

The only thing that keeps me from being up 24 hours now is the 1 hour nap I had before Toonami, lol. Good times, good night!

We really appreciate it SAB, it wouldnt be a good saturday night without ya

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Looks like Demarco has some early results.

https://twitter.com/Clarknova1

But WOW we got a lot of responses which is GREAT! Thanks to everyone who wrote us anything!

BUT a surprising amount of comments (well more than half) basically consist of "don't change a thing, keep doing what you're doing!"

Also everyone seems to be a ratings expert.

Also commenters seem to REALLY HATE Beware the Batman. Ratings tell a different story. ;)

Most common comments: "Go darker," "More Nostalgia," "No more American action shows," "go longer/more nights."

Funniest "manipulate the manual" comment on the Toonami Tumblr so far: "Don't have a tumblr account." hahaha

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Fuck... I woke up so late today (10:35). My internal clock is all messy these days.
Anywho...

Attack on Titan
Pacing seems to have improved. A lot less still shots or scenes that drag. Hange continues to be crazy awesome.

Bleach
Training.... training... pointless conversations... Ichigo's Tokusatsu suit appears. I don't even remember most of it.

Space Dandy
This was JYB's highlight for the evening.
Great episode, the manga panels, the posing, the music! The musical episodes seem to be the best ones. The Watanabe effect?

Shippuden
Hey look, the side characters. Most of them will be pretty much worthless...
There's also Sai, and his ability of bringing drawings to life.
One Piece very recently introduced a character that has the same ability, the joke is that he's terrible at drawing. Plus, Oda isn't trying to make him a main character.

One Piece
Luffy's decimation of Enies Lobby continues, and the other crew members arrive for more decimation. This
and later arcs
remind me why Toei approached K-T about making Pirate Warriors 1 & 2.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
So... that was pretty awesome. And it sounds like it gets better.
I didn't really have any problems with the dub.

Beware the Batman
Fffffffffffffuck! Everyone is an idiot! This is the worst Ra's al Ghul ever!
And why did Alfred leave? You can't have Batman without Alfred! He's way more essential than Robin or any other sidekick! At least the next "arc" has actual characters people recognize and doesn't try to be "Batman: The Hipster Series"

Black Lagoon
Going from a bloodbath to a dark speech about life. The last two episodes are going to be pretty fucked up the way things are going.

Mik317

Missed last night due to be on vacation and not having CN for some reason.

Only watched the 3 shows I haven't seen before.

Bleach
Still not buying that Ginjo isn't evil...also talk about a roundabout fucking way to get powers...

Space Dandy
Based Bosch is Based. Also those JoJo poses were gdlk. Really good song. Sinclair is a damn good VO.

Black Lagoon: The Goofining.
Those guys getting what they deserve was awesome. Revy also was in rare form. Too bad things are about to get realer than real. This show is so good. Constantly will hate younger me for dropping it. Hope the same goes for GL (saw the first few episodes, then dropped it...also some douche spoiled THAT moment for me).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom