• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug14| Melodrama Marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically imagine if after a time skip Revy and Benny were in some kind of weird out of nowhere relationship, that's how it felt going from S1 to S2 of digimon when suddenly Sora was with Matt

daveo42

Banned
It's been quite a long time since I saw the first two seasons of Digimon. I remember watching the 2nd season as it aired and really liked how it tied back to the first season and the majority of the characters. I just don't remember the Matt x Sora thing being so out of left field. It was kind of an "okay, there's that" moment for me.

Really really confused by shipping in a show like Digimon. But you know...
hqdefault.jpg

Raxus Appreciation Month

I didn't have one

August would have sucked.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Even as a kid, I never cared for the whole relationship deal.

Then again, I was a kid, so I didn't care about that sort of stuff.........yet.

Gorillaz

I'll spoiler tag it, but is it true that Digimon ended with
everyone turning into Digimon themselves and being able to fight as them

because if so, LMAO

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
everyone turning into Digimon themselves and being able to fight as them

because if so, LMAO

You're gonna have to be specific.
Tamers (Season 3) had a few of the characters fuse with them to create their Mega forms
Frontier (Season 4) basically turned them into Henshin Heroes and that was a series-wide thing.

Soulflarz

Banned
shoutout to bassforever for being amazing

....on a *totally* unrelated note, im now under obligation to watch all of one piece leading up to toonamis current episodes

daveo42

Banned
I have never heard of this "moeblobb" either until just now I google imaged it and this was the first thing to come up

is this suppose to be a face? where is the nose?

You see that small little blemish on her face? That's the nose right there.

As for moeblob, I heard saw it initially in a game called Channel A, where you make titles and pitches for anime based on certain themes. Similar to Apple to Apples, but it tends to get a bit dirty at times with some themes like yuri, cross dressing, and a few others. We played it last night and that's where the explanation had to come in.

http://www.amazon.com/Channel-Anime-Pitch-Party-Game/dp/B00E1XSSPQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1406909595&sr=8-1&keywords=channel+a

because if so, LMAO

Season 3 they could matrix digivolution where the trainer and digimon fused together for mega and in the dub both voices came out of the fusion at the same time

Season 4 the tamers did not have partners, instead they transformed into Digimon, it was a turn off for some but it works out pretty well if you let it develop.

shoutout to bassforever for being amazing

....on a *totally* unrelated note, im now under obligation to watch all of one piece leading up to toonamis current episodes

Enjoy Trails, and enjoy One Piece this thread is gonna be waiting for you to catch up, it's about to get so real on Toonami you don't want to miss much

Gorillaz

You see that small little blemish on her face? That's the nose right there.

As for moeblob, I heard saw it initially in a game called Channel A, where you make titles and pitches for anime based on certain themes. Similar to Apple to Apples, but it tends to get a bit dirty at times with some themes like yuri, cross dressing, and a few others. We played it last night and that's where the explanation had to come in.
blemish?

dave,pls

Seda

moeblob is basically when animators try to manufacture a character as cute/adorable/whatever by emphasizing certain facial features, only the end result looks more deformed than endearing

bigkrev

Oh, Guardians of the Galaxy was a great movie with 2 problems

1. (ending spoilers)
THE POWER OF NAKAMA being used to beat the bad guy/control the stone was dumb
2. 90% of the humor was great, but there was some really awkward and uncomfortable stuff, like
a joke about cum. Cum! Like, 100% a cum joke that you would see in an Adam Sandlar movie
that really took me out of the movie

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
According to tv tropes:

When a character has no visible personality traits aside from vaguely cute uselessness, he/she is termed the dreaded "Moe Blob"

Seda

for reference

Blue Exorcist: August 9th, 2014
Black Lagoon: August 30th, 2014
Space Dandy: September 27th, 2014 (assumes S2 is 13 episodes)
Bleach: October 25th 2014
Attack on Titan: October 25th, 2014
Beware The Batman: Novermber 1st, 2014
Naruto (1st 52 episodes): December 27th, 2014
Cowboy Bebop: January 17th, 2015
Samurai Jack: January 24th, 2015
Gurren Lagann: February 14th, 2015
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood: May 16th, 2015
Clone Wars: September 12th, 2015
Naruto Shippuden: AHAHAHA....
One Piece: ....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

789shadow

Banned
It's gonna be a major shift, that's for sure.
It's pretty obvious that Kai is going to take over Bleach's spot, but do they replace Attack on Titan then and there? Do they rerun it? If they do rerun it, is Space Dandy rerunning the second season at the same time?

Seda

It's pretty obvious that Kai is going to take over Bleach's spot, but do they replace Attack on Titan then and there? Do they rerun it? If they do rerun it, is Space Dandy rerunning the second season at the same time?

attack on titan to be replaced by jojos

or h x h

or fairy tail

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Maybe Kai gets AoT's spot, then they move something further up? One Piece should be getting real as fuck around that time.

789shadow

Banned
Maybe Kai gets AoT's spot, then they move something further up? One Piece should be getting real as fuck around that time.
One Piece will never air before Shit Pudding. Quote me on that.

It would be glorious if we got JoJo to replace AoT.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Speaking of Jojo, it seems they're taking a break for a few months about 1/2 way though the series. No idea if they'll wait to just dub all the episodes at once or just do what they can & then finish up once the other 1/2 of the series is done.

Also, parkas because.....merchandise.
inb4 "Silver Chariot looks like Al from FMA"

I'm kind of surprised they didn't group all the Shonen Jump shows together. Consider it a mini-block within the block. DBZ, Naruto, & One Piece. D.O.Nami.

daveo42

Banned
Speaking of Jojo, it seems they're taking a break for a few months about 1/2 way though the series. No idea if they'll wait to just dub all the episodes at once or just do what they can & then finish up once the other 1/2 of the series is done.

Also, parkas because.....merchandise.
inb4 "Silver Chariot looks like Al from FMA"

I'm kind of surprised they didn't group all the Shonen Jump shows together. Consider it a mini-block within the block. DBZ, Naruto, & One Piece. D.O.Nami.

1387097443786.gif

At least that means one less thing to watch every week. I want one of those parkas too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom