• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug14| Melodrama Marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.
You missed yesterday's crazy thread. RIP Besada.

Dayum.

Btw, new AoT dub cast is out, as well as an EVS-exclusive clip.

See, Seda linked one a while back so I'm unsure about the rule on that.

There's a link you can put in your media player too, hooked up to FUNi's server.

Oh please don't be Aniplex...

if they're looking to further expand into the US market, they're pretty much the only one besides Sentai without a big long-runner, so it's possible i think. after all, they did snag Kill la Kill, and i'm sure they weren't the only ones who wanted it. it'll suck for people who want to physically own it, but i think it's probably pretty great for us since they seem to have a pretty good relationship with Toonami.

the other thing is that maybe it actually is Funimation and Netflix just dealt directly with Japan to get it on their service (if that's even possible).

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
if they're looking to further expand into the US market, they're pretty much the only one besides Sentai without a big long-runner, so it's possible i think. after all, they did snag Kill la Kill, and i'm sure they weren't the only ones who wanted it. it'll suck for people who want to physically own it, but i think it's probably pretty great for us since they seem to have a pretty good relationship with Toonami.

the other thing is that maybe it actually is Funimation and Netflix just dealt directly with Japan to get it on their service (if that's even possible).

HxH is one of the few series I'd like to own, so if Aniplex gets it I will forever hate them.

Crocodile

You missed yesterday's crazy thread. RIP Besada.

Did something happen to Besada? He seemed like a cool mod :(

Aniplex was involved in the PRODUCTION of KLK. That show wouldn't have existed if they, and others, hadn't put up the money to fund it. Every recent license in America by Aniplex is a show their Japanese (Home) branch helped make. FMA is also an Aniplex show but the company took a more proactive role in licensing after the USA anime market crashed. You know why Gurren Lagann defaulted to Aniplex after Bandai died? TTGL was another show they helped produce.

Aniplex was involved in the PRODUCTION of KLK. That show wouldn't have existed if they, and others, hadn't put up the money to fund it. Every recent license in America by Aniplex is a show their Japanese (Home) branch helped make. FMA is also an Aniplex show but the company took a more proactive role in licensing after the USA anime market crashed. You know why Gurren Lagann defaulted to Aniplex after Bandai died? TTGL was another show they helped produce.

oh, that explains it. i assumed they weren't because it wasn't an A-1 pictures thing. maybe it's not Aniplex then.

Back from watching Guardians of the Galaxy.

SO
i1esP1QWXFwQv.png
GOOD

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
to be fair, i think that beater thing might be the only translation option they had. or it might be what they say in the Japanese version.

Exactly this.
Blame the original writers, not Aniplex.

What, you cant read barcode?

...Blood. Nudity. Black Lagoon seems tame compared to that show. Its twisted IIRC.

Elfen Lied is one of the most fucked up things I've ever seen. Demarco wanted to show it on AS back in the day, but it was so extreme that the number of cuts would have turned it into a series of 5 minute episodes.

I doubt they've given up entirely, the show's got one hell of a loyal fanbase. If they can find a way to get it back it'll be written in some obscure legalese footnote in some little known section of the law.

Extreme over violence

Extreme melo drama

Extreme awkward harem comedy

Extreme sexual tension

Extreme random nudity

Violence, Sexual Situations, Violent Sexual Situations

You mean it won't be a bitter disappointment like the first four episodes of Another were? Praise Satan!

daveo42

Banned
GotG was pretty fantastic. Really fun movie with just the right amount of weird, action, and feels. Best Marvel movie thus far imho.

Raxus

GotG was pretty fantastic. Really fun movie with just the right amount of weird, action, and feels. Best Marvel movie thus far imho.

I like Iron Man 1 slightly more because it is more focused but otherwise GotG met my sky high expectations.

MikeMyers

I watched an episode of HxH on Netflix and didn't seen a company named?

Viz apparently denied having the rights, but being that 2014 is the year of Viz Media(TM), maybe it is them.

Raxus

i actually rank Captain America: The Winter Soldier and The Avengers over Iron Man 1 because the final battle in Iron Man 1 sucks.

Shit, I forgot about the Winter Soldier.

Avengers
Captain America: WS
Iron Man 1
GotG

I think that is a pretty great top 4.

daveo42

Banned
i actually rank Captain America: The Winter Soldier and The Avengers over Iron Man 1 because the final battle in Iron Man 1 sucks.

Same. Great origin story, but it kind of falls apart in the back half. I'd say previously Winter Soldier was my favorite, followed by Avengers. GotG did really surpass already high expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom