• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug14| Melodrama Marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOLDSFAN

Even DeMarco is in on the Thanos madness.

ibraNBWRMls8I7.png

789shadow

Banned
If there's one movie night, it's possible then that AoT, Bleach, and Batman will end on the same day.

On that note, I hope Batman doesn't rerun
I'm resigned that Batman will probably either rerun or end up at the very back of the block at some point down the line. It probably costs nothing to air.

I'm kind of surprised they didn't group all the Shonen Jump shows together. Consider it a mini-block within the block. DBZ, Naruto, & One Piece. D.O.Nami.

The block already pretty much has identifiable "segments" in it.

First you have the big headlining premieres.
Then you have the long running shonen (bleeds into the big premiers with Bleach)
Then comes the revolving door of 26 episode shows
Then the old classics and block mainstays that cost nothing to air
And finally you end the night with super-early Cartoon Network

Man God

Non-Canon Member
No one has the US distribution rights for the Gundam dubs right now so it wouldn't be in my power if I was Lich King.

ckohler

According to tv tropes:

When a character has no visible personality traits aside from vaguely cute uselessness, he/she is termed the dreaded "Moe Blob"

This is what I've always taken it to mean. They lack of any characterization or motivation. Moe blobs are girls who only exist to be cute or fawn over the protagonist.

That's why I find tsundere characters to be much more tolerable. As annoying and ridiculous as they can be sometimes, at least tsundere characters stand up for themselves and aren't just frail, mindless weaklings.

Seda

It's so weird. I would think that if it was impossible, they'd just come out and say it.

I think they kinda did eventually?

EDIT

from their F.A.Q.

Q: Where is Megas XLR
A: Megas was written off by CN, and so we’re not allowed to show it. It’s a little more complicated than that, but honestly we don’t really understand it, other than the smart people have said, “No”.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Chaotic Century=The second show aired in America but the first one chronologically. The one with a bunch of G Gundam voice actors. It's about two warring states.

Zoids. The shittier tournament show with a bunch of Inuyasha actors. Still pretty damn funny but not on the level of Chaotic Century.

Gorillaz

I don't know about the other zoids just the one with the liger? (the white tiger thing) where it changes it's armors and shit

bring that back, lich king, and I'll shill whatever western action show you want me too

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Good Guy Satan up to his usual tricks

Also, seeing the first four episodes of Elfen Lied tonight. What should I expect?

Elfen Lied is one of the most fucked up things I've ever seen. Demarco wanted to show it on AS back in the day, but it was so extreme that the number of cuts would have turned it into a series of 5 minute episodes.

I think they kinda did eventually?

EDIT

from their F.A.Q.

I doubt they've given up entirely, the show's got one hell of a loyal fanbase. If they can find a way to get it back it'll be written in some obscure legalese footnote in some little known section of the law.

Bio-Frost

So, DBZ kai will most likely be talking over for Bleach, and Gurrian Lagann is replacing Blue exorcist. I wonder would could be AoT's replacement? I would hope not another long running show. We already have DBZ, Naruto and One Piece, adding another shonen seems like over kill...

789shadow

Banned
So, DBZ kai will most likely be talking over for Bleach, and Gurrian Lagann is replacing Blue exorcist. I wonder would could be AoT's replacement? I would hope not another long running show. We already have DBZ, Naruto and One Piece, adding another shonen seems like over kill...
JoJo would lock down the 11:30 spot for about a year.

Unless it's Jojo then it's okay ;)

Honestly that 11:30 spot is the biggest ? Right now, kill la kill is arguably the biggest confirmed new dub that would fit the block, but its an aniplex show and it would need to be censored to even air.

Sao s2 won't be ready, jojo dub is in a state of limbo, hxh is still undubbed

It could be Sailor Moon uncut, dunno how well that'll go over though

i think it's best to assume that shows from a specific company are going to replace shows from that same company, so i would imagine Kill la Kill won't come until Gurren Lagann ends. Attack on Titan's slot could work differently so who knows, but based on what we know so far i don't think that's something we should assume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom