• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug15| You know, Luffy, we really are One Piece

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

let me rephrase:

why would anyone want this from Production IG

Because they like money? FLCL has a strong brand. Even if FLCL 2 is shit, it will likely draw high ratings and high sales. I'm sure Adult Swim is already salivating at the thought of showing the WORLD PREMIERE with the English Dub broadcasting before any Japanese Dub.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I can't wait for Adult Swim to fund Cowboy Bebop 2: Electric Bebopalo.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard FLCL was made because Gainax was drained from Evangelion, both emotionally & physically (or at least emotionally), so they wanted to make something more upbeat & just decided to just do whatever they wanted to make & FLCL was born. Any truth to that?

Imaishi is already my least favorite anime director, but if he came along and started fucking up FLCL, he'd go to the top of my all time shit list. That's nightmare fuel.

I'm not really interested in any more FLCL at all, because the original was so perfect as it was. And definitely not anything without Tsurumaki's involvement.

Imaishi did the story-boarding, animation direction and key animation of FLCL. Also it turns out that FLCL was actually a joint production between Gainax and Production I.G so that's probably why they're doing it.

Imaishi did the story-boarding, animation direction and key animation of FLCL. Also it turns out that FLCL was actually a joint production between Gainax and Production I.G so that's probably why they're doing it.

One of several. Imaishi storyboarded 3 out of 6 episodes and was the animation director on two episodes.

With that said, I think he's a director who isn't to my tastes at all, and I think we all have a pretty good idea of what kind of director Imaishi is based on his work, and it's nothing like FLCL. It's one thing to storyboard, and quite another to be the lead director for an entire project.

Without Tsurumaki, it's just not FLCL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom