• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug15| You know, Luffy, we really are One Piece

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mik317

This will be a fun watch. The dub is subpar but better in the context of the show rather than clips and new blood VO is always welcome especially since the last 80 new shows protag has been Pappenbrook it feels like lol.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
The show is deconstruction of the shounen/adventure genre. It's also an ode to the extreme violence of the 80's/90's. It's silly because it is meant to be.

That dub is fuck awful though.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
First episode is rough since it isn't the best reveal about what the show is about.

I find the show is much more consistent after the first couple episodes.

Well that's good. I just wish it would decide what sort of show it wants to be. If you're gonna be dark and edgy you should use black humor, not bog-standard anime humor.

Seda

From the first episode, I'm not going to say the dub work is total garbage but it's considerably weaker than several others we've seen.

Well that's good. I just wish it would decide what sort of show it wants to be. If you're gonna be dark and edgy you should use black humor, not bog-standard anime humor.

The standard anime humor never goes away though as a warning, well IIRC the filler end doesn't have much comedy, but the filler end also isn't very good

Moaradin

The show is deconstruction of the shounen/adventure genre. It's also an ode to the extreme violence of the 80's/90's. It's silly because it is meant to be.

How is it a deconstruction of the genre? It's extremely generic and filled with tropes.

I don't know about that. It's just an edgier shounen like Hunter x Hunter, though it does go well beyond that in terms of edge in the manga.

I mean, there's the existence of Wild Hunt >_>

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Well, I don't feel any sharpness that wasn't already there... and it doesn't hurt to have cold drinks, so no nerve exposures.

But I wonder if this is from one of my teeth? ?_?

Way to kill the mood hatchin

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Yeesh, that is one rank shower.

Ooooh, a language that isn't English or Japanese.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom