• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Dec14| Watch the reruns, Shinji

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

Visit the official Toonami Tumblr page here

jUu7CUg.png

LTqMD4x.png

(starting at midnight)

2nF04Mw.png

iq7oObB.png

3HsdkQy.png

jitFhe3.png

|OT0||OT1||OT2||OT3||OT4||OT5||OT6||OT7||OT8||OT9||Jan14||Feb14||Mar14||Apr14||May14||Jun14||Jul14||Aug14||Sep14||Oct14||Nov14|

Whoo! Let's do this. Month of movies, y'all. I think we should have gone with "My Summer Var" like someone else said. Also, that's a fantastic sketch dump, SAB. And I didn't even have to beat the crud out of anyone to get it!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Whoo! Let's do this. Month of movies, y'all. I think we should have gone with "My Summer Var" like someone else said. Also, that's a fantastic sketch dump, SAB. And I didn't even have to beat the crud out of anyone to get it!

My punishment for making all these gifs is to never get a thread title, no matter how fitting or dumb it is.

My favorite was Ride on SAOting Star.

Seda

I AM CHAMPION!

I barely posted this month! Totals have gone down.

Yeah 15000 posts in five weeks is the slowest it's been in a while. Makes sense with Attack on Titan and Space Dandy now finished. Probably fewer people watching Inuyasha than Black Lagoon or Hellsing as well, which isn't surprising considering it's a 'final act'.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yeah 15000 posts in five weeks is the slowest it's been in a while. Makes sense with Attack on Titan and Space Dandy now finished. Probably fewer people watching Inuyasha than Black Lagoon or Hellsing as well, which isn't surprising considering it's a 'final act'.

We need a change we can believe in.

We need. SAO 2.

Seda

Next week on Toonami:

11:30 - Attack on Titan - 5 - First Battle: The Struggle for Trost, Part 1
12:00 - Hellsing Ultimate - 9 - Hellsing IX
1:00 - Summer Wars
3:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 18 - Speak Like a Child
4:00 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 40 - Homunculus (The Dwarf in the Flask)
4:30 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG - 10 - TRIAL
5:00 - Big O - 23 - Twisted Memories
5:30 - Samurai Jack - 43 - The Aku Infection

Later.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Just letting you guys know im going in blind for the next 2 episodes of hellsing ultimate, ive waited so long for the dub, well ive spoiled myself on like the first 5 or so mins of episode 9

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Thread closed on me before I could respond to the sketch dump D:
Seda was FAST with that one, haha. I'm glad I got to repost it here ASAP!

So we should Seda a May plushee for Xmas? Good idea, SAB CA. I'm sure he'll love it

Shop the May Pixel Plush joining him in his home box gif, with hearts popping out of it just like Solid Snake X (Whatever is available!) I'm way too sleepy to even think about doing that now, lol. (Why are any of us, except maybe Man God, even awake?)

I'm glad you like! The first part was so much worse than I wanted it to be, lol. But I couldn't gather the strength to start drawing early enough!

I have no idea how the DUMP will handle movies this year. Maybe I'll just repost last year's Summer Wars DUMP, and see if anyone notices... *kehkeh*

Cutting Room Floor of Tonight's Sketch Dump:
  • Zapano & What's his Name as Skylanders toys.
  • A better pic of our Funky Sam-oo-rai man.
  • A more full Thanksgiving pic of the Bebop crew having their Shiiiitake meal together.
  • Any other Jabs at Halo Celebrity Endorsement. (Derp Sara was so Derp in the cover)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm still not tired and got a bit of gas from something I ate. Going to run the dishwasher and do some counters or something.

First episode that I felt lived up to the hype; I enjoyed it. I've heard conflicting opinions though as to whether the first or second half of the series is superior.

What I've heard is the second half gets really crazy in terms of scale and story which some people really like and some don't

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Well, here is the thing, I can't say much other then the next few episodes are actually going to be quite the cool down in terms of tone and pace. It is actually one of the most contentious parts of the entire series.

Speaking of pace, what's up with Final Act? Like bass said last night, it definitely feels like this should have been stretched out to 52 episodes rather than crammed into 26.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Speaking of pace, what's up with Final Act? Like bass said last night, it definitely feels like this should have been stretched out to 52 episodes rather than crammed into 26.

I think you answered your own question, this is a show that is trying to cram endless battle shonen arcs into a regular coured program with expected results.

Is this your first time seeing the entire series?

I had seen the first 10ish episodes before, and have some general idea of where the story goes and how crazy the action gets from a few gifs/clips I've seen, but this is my first time seeing past episode 10ish

This has been a long time complaint about InuYasha Final Act. I guess when given the choice of crazy fast 26 episode pacing which gives the series a Tomino/G No Reconguista feel or no conclusion at all I'd take the bat shit pacing but its clearly not ideal. Same thing if we get Bleach Final Act/Blood War and they condense it down into 26 episodes though depending on how much longer this arc goes for 26 with fast pacing could work very well there.

daveo42

Banned
I had seen the first 10ish episodes before, and have some general idea of where the story goes and how crazy the action gets from a few gifs/clips I've seen, but this is my first time seeing past episode 10ish

This has been a long time complaint about InuYasha Final Act. I guess when given the choice of crazy fast 26 episode pacing which gives the series a Tomino/G No Reconguista feel or no conclusion at all I'd take the bat shit pacing but its clearly not ideal. Same thing if we get Bleach Final Act/Blood War and they condense it down into 26 episodes though depending on how much longer this arc goes for 26 with fast pacing could work very well there.

Bleach coming in at 26 episodes for its final arc will probably have more normal pacing.

As for GL, I do find the 2nd half of the series better than the first.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Dang, one post short of 500 in the last thread. Oh well, least I just barely made it into the top 10.

I didn't give Summer Wars a fair shake last year so I guess I'll tune in for that on Saturday. Was hoping we'd get a BLEACH movie..maybe next year.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Good morning everyone.
I really hope I'm not sick next Saturday...

DBZ Kai:
And thus Goku begins his journey on Snake Way, and we begin to realize how inconsequential death in the Dragon Ball universe is.

Shippuden:
DICKS!
Seriously, the amount of innuendo and imagery in this episode would make Gurren Lagann blush. At least Gurren Lagann knew what they were doing.

One Piece
Right in the feels. Look up "Mother Sea", that's the song that plays during sad moments.
As I mentioned last night, this episode had the scene where Kaizoku-Fansubs ruined the One Piece fandom forever. "Nakama" is not a super special word, it can be translated to fit the situation. It's just weeb-translations (much like TV-Nihon).
Meanwhile, an alternate universe where the Straw Hats are middle-aged women. It's somehow more bizarre than it sounds. Oda has a very strange sense of humor

Gurren Lagann
That was so good. This is why hot-blooded mech series will prevail over "realistic" mech series (to me at least).

Inuyasha: The Final Act
Comedy episode... yep.
"Hey it's *insert name here*" Who?! *transforms into bear* WHO?!
And now Sesshomaru is even more broken now that he has Skull Knight's power.

At least TTGL ended in a good place before the month of movies begins. Next week, Hellsing returns!

Soulflarz

Banned
So uh
Yeah
-My funimation expires today, and i havent caught up to OP
-I dont have toonami, sort of, if you saw me irritated last night.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Why are we getting a whole month of movies they already showed? We are already so behind on One Piece!
We haven't seen Hellsing Ultimate 9.

or Hellsing Ultimate 10.

or Sacred Star of Milos.

or that Broly movie.

Half the month, sure, but not the entire month. & at the very least, they're the good movies. We could've been unlucky to have Shamballa double up with Milos for a night like with Eva 1.11 & 2.22.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom