• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Dec14| Watch the reruns, Shinji

Status
Not open for further replies.
ON7CnHm.gif

Dudes, I just realized that Kamina and Gendo basically had the same battle plan. Send out a kid with no fighting skills or piloting skills whatsoever into dangerous situations and let their instincts/secret anime protagonist powers take care of the rest. We just condemn Gendo because he doesn't have cool catchphrases. s

Dudes, I just realized that Kamina and Gendo basically had the same battle plan. Send out a kid with no fighting skills or piloting skills whatsoever into dangerous situations and let their instincts/secret anime protagonist powers take care of the rest. We just condemn Gendo because he doesn't have cool catchphrases. s

Simon and Shinji would be best friends. Not even joking

Grexeno

So from what little I understand about Evangelion,
the EVA Shinji pilots is basically using the DNA of his mom, right?

ckohler

So, like what's going on in the rest of the world. All we ever see is a destroyed Tokyo where they built the "geofront" under it. So, like what's happening over the USA or Europe? Is everyone living in geofronts or what?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
like this whole thing seems dumb

like, clearly you've had this plan cooking for a while

maybe bring in your pilot more than thirty seconds before you need him out in the field

maybe give him some instruction on like

how to walk and activate defenses and shit

this is supposed to be humanity's future on the line, right?

Phatmac

So, like what's going on in the rest of the world. All we ever see is a destroyed Tokyo where they built the "geofront" under it. So, like what's happening over the USA or Europe? Is everyone living in geofronts or what?

The rest of the world is trying to build their own EVA's but something bad happened to the american one I think.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
As an aside... unlike many anime series where kids are the best just because they are (Gundam?) Eva actually tried placing adults into the cockpits to fight... if I remember right, it didn't go so well.

It took me years to see this series, but it's one of few things I could feel lived up to the hype when I finally saw it. So much of it's music and direction really felt striking, and I could understand why it'd been imitated in so many ways to hell and back.

And Yoshiyuki Sadamoto Character designs will always be among my favorites.

daveo42

Banned
So from what little I understand about Evangelion,
the EVA Shinji pilots is basically using the DNA of his mom, right?

It's actually his mother. Her body and soul are part of EVA 001. I think all of that is covered in 2.22. That's why he's so powerful in unit 001.

ckohler

Despite some of the bullshit EVA does with it's plot the action and music are still amazing.

I can agree with this. If I turn off my brain, I can enjoy this. When I try to understand why things are happening or the bizarre motivations of the characters I start to go insane.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
As an aside... unlike many anime series where kids are the best just because they are (Gundam?) Eva actually tried placing adults into the cockpits to fight... if I remember right, it didn't go so well.

It took me years to see this series, but it's one of few things I could feel lived up to the hype when I finally saw it. So much of it's music and direction really felt striking, and I could understand why it'd been imitated in so many ways to hell and back.

And Yoshiyuki Sadamoto Character designs will always be among my favorites.
Gundam's reason is that humans are quickly evolving and younger generations are getting better reflexes, spatial awarness and psychic powers....most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom