• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Dec14| Watch the reruns, Shinji

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Why did her name change again?

Because she's characterized differently. I believe that was their reason.

For the record, Asuka makes this feel more childish than Shinji's whining for me. I can deal with him better. Her bit of development is fun in this movie, though.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
NOOOOOOOOOOOO, THEY CUT THE JOKE OUT.

Also, we get to see Asuka's ass, but not Rei's? Toonami's not even consistent with their censoring.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Because she's characterized differently. I believe that was their reason.

For the record, Asuka makes this feel more childish than Shinji's whining for me. I can deal with him better. Her bit of development is fun in this movie, though.
Shinji is more or less the least fucked up of all of them.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Not like Asuka's got much to see anyway but lol.

8aLbsWs.gif

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Shinji is more or less the least fucked up of all of them.

Eva's one of the best at doing there "Everyone's messed up, and that's OK!" shows for me. I can believe it here! Maybe because Anno was going through real mental breakdown before / during the production, heh.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
My biggest issue with Evangelion is that NONE of this is "teenage angst." These characters have fucking severe mental health issues, and every other character is yelling at them constantly telling them to just suck it up.

Apparently every fucking psychologist on Earth died in the Second Impact.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So what he's saying is....I should learn to be all Shokugeki no Somi & I'll have tons of girls flocking to me?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom