• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Dec14| Watch the reruns, Shinji

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
oNyWtUF.gif

daveo42

Banned
My biggest issue with Evangelion is that NONE of this is "teenage angst." These characters have fucking severe mental health issues, and every other character is yelling at them constantly telling them to just suck it up.

Apparently every fucking psychologist on Earth died in the Second Impact.

I think EVA helps highlight that you need to be fucked up in the head to pilot a giant mech and protect the earth from destruction. Most of that is downplayed in other anime or characters get over it. Something that never happens here.

Still sad this is his only major contribution to the 2nd movie.

My biggest issue with Evangelion is that NONE of this is "teenage angst." These characters have fucking severe mental health issues, and every other character is yelling at them constantly telling them to just suck it up.

Apparently every fucking psychologist on Earth died in the Second Impact.

Isn't this like, the point of Evangelion? Everybody is messed-up. A big part of Shinji's personality is he pilots the EVA to feel needed and validated even though he knows everyone's expectations of him are selfish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom