• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb14| We Kick Ass for the LORD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D0zEVJo.gif

Well those final 4-5 episodes sucked shit and ruined what had been at least an enjoyable series, when I thought I was going to get the harem ending of my dreams I was almost ready to forgive it, but then I got more then I bargained for

2/5, despite my anger at the ending as a whole I did find GXP to be pretty funny and entertaining, it was floating around a 3/5 until the last few episodes really cocked it up.

There, there, bass. Time to put this all behind you. Just lock up those memories in a deep, dark corner of your mind and never think of them again.

Despite my anger at the end I still enjoyed that more then SAO, and like everything else it stomps the shit out of kick heart. Honestly I had some good laughs and some good rage so I can't say it wasn't worth the trip

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I think the only anime I've ever disliked as much as SAO is disliked here is Steel Angel Kurumi. I got the series boxed set for like... 5 bucks from a clearance set, and the show seemed like all it was trying to go for after a while was "lets run into lots and lots of borderline yuri perversion, just... well, I dunno, did we have a story!?! Who cares!"

At least SAO's serious moments I can take somewhat seriously, and Sugu's US VA really seems to be acting rather well, with the material she's been given. It all reminds me of the quagmire of emotions people would joke about in the early days of the social internet (I don't know how many friends randomly fell in love with people they chat'd with all night for all of 2 days), so it's almost like a Japanese parody of those early days... not that it's trying to be that, but it makes it much easier for me to accept.

Did someone post this already? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daV3uYDWteY
Whoah. Serious Dandy is freaking me out.
Preview discussion inside.

This actually doesn't freak me out much because:

• We had a big "Laughs" episode. It's a palette cleanser before the FEELS episode!
  • Last episode tossed the "Comedy, then Action" formula on it's head, so a heavy tone shift seems to be the "it" thing ATM.
  • The show really is an excuse to Do whatever they fancy. Happy to be along for the ride!

I'm glad to see Dandy himself on a bit of an upward spiral since beating Mamitas. He's not an incompetent screw up that will spend the whole season barely escaping anything, with all his victories earned by "Oh, someone else did it for him!" shenanigans!

JCG

I thought it was Code Geass in full retard mode?

I'd say the fact is Code Geass kind of works out after all. Valvrave...kind of doesn't. It just stops.

Regardless, the man has worked on many different projects that require different approaches. The next Space Dandy episode seems to resemble his other stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom