• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb14| We Kick Ass for the LORD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

It was a good opening. I will give a full judgement of the show after I see a handful of episodes. It was slow to start though.

Seda

I don't mind if the first episode leads off with ho hum semi-normal life ---> things get weird. It did its job it setting up the premise and I'm interested in watching more.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Hmmm, things took a while to get going & I think I wanna watch episodes 2 or 3 before getting a better first impression, but I'm on board.

HEY SPEAKING OF THINGS KIRITO'S VA IS IN, BRAVELY DEFAULT.

I thought the sequence of events in episode 2 all happened in episode 1 but I havent seen it in a while, to be honest it feels like episode 1 and 2 should have been a hour long special.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I kind of stopped caring about Soul Eater at this point. I mean, it's all filler until the end, and I've lost hope in a Brotherhood style adaptation now.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Considering apparently most of the comedy bits were filler and the one part I assume was canon (the ending) was pretty hype I'm excited

I wasn't all that hyped from the action to be honest, that was the most by the numbers part of the episode.

Dandy first half and second half didn't jive at all, yeah it was random and funny but you don't get bonus points for starting with feels then going to slap stick.

It was absurd feels to absurd slapstick. It wasn't too jarring to me.

daveo42

Banned
I really wish the 5th season of The Venture Bros. wasn't so short. Especially since we probably won't see any more episodes for at least another 2 years.

I wasn't all that hyped from the action to be honest, that was the most by the numbers part of the episode.

Action? You mean the part where the father one shot a guy? I don't think we can pass judgement on the shows action scenes from the opening introduction episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom