• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb14| We Kick Ass for the LORD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
So here's a question. Do you think Toonami as a whole is getting better, stayed the same, or worse quality wise?

I think it has a ridiculously strong lineup now, especially with Sword Art Online gone (not to mention the old flubs Tenchi Muyo GXP, Thundercats, and Samurai 7.)

Space Dandy alone is absolutely massive due to its simulcast nature and the pedigree behind it. Add in the heavy hitter Jump shonens Bleach, Shippuden, and One Piece and the start is concentrated anime ratings gold. I don't really care for Bleach personally, but its popularity is undeniable.

After that it's nice to have new-to-America shorter animes like Blue Exorcist and Soul Eater -- my biggest desire would be to see more of those added to the block and start to take over the rerun half of the block. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Ghost in the Shell, and IGPX are nice but I'd rather have new shows airing new eps in their place. I don't know how feasible that is with the ratings, though.

The weakest aspect of the current lineup is now Star Wars: The Clone Wars, but hopefully that will be going away soon if that Netflix deal was correct. Hopefully when it goes, we can get the InuYasha power hour back.

MikeMyers

I think it has a ridiculously strong lineup now, especially with Sword Art Online gone (not to mention the old flubs Tenchi Muyo GXP, Thundercats, and Samurai 7.)

Space Dandy alone is absolutely massive due to its simulcast nature and the pedigree behind it. Add in the heavy hitter Jump shonens Bleach, Shippuden, and One Piece and the start is concentrated anime ratings gold. I don't really care for Bleach personally, but its popularity is undeniable.

After that it's nice to have new-to-America shorter animes like Blue Exorcist and Soul Eater -- my biggest desire would be to see more of those added to the block and start to take over the rerun half of the block. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Ghost in the Shell, and IGPX are nice but I'd rather have new shows airing new eps in their place. I don't know how feasible that is with the ratings, though.

The weakest aspect of the current lineup is now Star Wars: The Clone Wars, but hopefully that will be going away soon if that Netflix deal was correct. Hopefully when it goes, we can get the InuYasha power hour back.

InuYasha power hour defo needs come back, especially since it won the Toonami Survivor.

Seda

So here's a question. Do you think Toonami as a whole is getting better, stayed the same, or worse quality wise?

Well, let's put it this way:

Initial Reboot had: Bleach (staple from ASA), Casshern Sins, Deadman Wonderland

Later 2012 added: Eureka Seven, Samurai Seven, Thunder Cats, Symbionic Titan, Inuyasha, Tenchi Muyo

2013: OG Naruto, One Piece, Soul Eater, SAO, Clone Wars

2014: Space Dandy, Shippuden, Blue Exorcist, soon Black Lagoon.

I think on average getting better. The first hour is the least interesting. Shippuden's first several arcs are really slow, but has some moments eventually within the slog- and Bleach is over sometime this year. So hopefully it gets better. Clone Wars is also little iffy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom